Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mod Reach

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    JacMob was the guy who created RSBuddy (the bot client, as well as its transformation into a game client), so a pretty extreme rule to break and then get hired for. I think he was hired soon after the original bot nuke.
    offtopic'ish:

Quite sure he went back to developing OS buddy, which is why he left.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Pretty sure Dan is protected by UK statutes on protecting his confidentiality on what exactly he did besides just announcing his name.

The reason may never be made public.

Also the audi he purchased is of the lower end of audis, what the heck does that have to do with what he did lol, unless ppl were implying he rwtd?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Also the audi he purchased is of the lower end of audis, whay the heck does that have to do with what he did lol.
    People on Reddit get bored and love to make stories artificially juicy, I guess.

Anyways, whether the "actual" reason for termination gets disclosed, there's a lot of publicly known past reasons that should add up to getting fired already.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

This wouldn't be the reason why GP dropped.

http://x-rates.com/graph/?from=USD&to=GBP&amount=1

http://gyazo.com/7a689e1960519881b56ad8f36a0c5886

it all depends on how much the dollar is worth, trust me.
    look how low i got 1500m for in 2013 and may 2014
    but then look @ august 19 2014

and then compare that to the graph, lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    For the same reason large businesses will hire on hackers who broke their security; get rid of the problem, find out how to patch vulnerable piece of security and constantly try breaching the new security.

I've seen examples of this when I was over seas, I had a web design instructor who had hacked into some big apartment business here in the US. Apparently they contacted him directly and rather than punishing him not only did they give him a cash bonus they hired him on to repeatably attack their security and point out possible areas that were vulnerable.

They're killing two birds with one stone; eliminate (one of) the threat(s) and test run new security.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, about Mod Reach. It's a shame really, I have respect for the Oldschool Team, regardless of how many accounts I've had banned. They're quite loyal to the game and the community, especially compared to the RS3 Team. So wherever you end up, Reach, you're more than welcome to join our little community here!
    Not always. One company in the states offered a hacker a job, who was from another country. When he landed in the states, he was arrested.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Not always. One company in the states offered a hacker a job, who was from another company. When he landed in the states, he was arrested.
    I highly doubt that's true since I believe something like that would really screw up a court case against him.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

If you're referring to this article http://www.wired.com/2008/11/valve-tricked-h/
    That German hacker created malware which was shared by others to use for DoS attacks.
    He dun goofed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Not always. One company in the states offered a hacker a job, who was from another country. When he landed in the states, he was arrested.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bly View Post
    This wouldn't be the reason why GP dropped.

http://x-rates.com/graph/?from=USD&to=GBP&amount=1

http://gyazo.com/7a689e1960519881b56ad8f36a0c5886

it all depends on how much the dollar is worth, trust me.
    look how low i got 1500m for in 2013 and may 2014
    but then look @ august 19 2014

and then compare that to the graph, lol
    Yes, I still make about .25-.27 euro/mil if I sell to resellers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

always had a funny feeling about reach, too silent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I dont know if you guys have seen Returnofwilderness his video about this? To me it was pretty obvious
    In every moment a choice exists. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change and allow a brighter future to unfold before us. Such an uncertain future may call for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming whether we like it or not. The question is will you control it, or will it control you?
    -Niklaus Mikaelson

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davyraitt View Post
    I dont know if you guys have seen Returnofwilderness his video about this? To me it was pretty obvious
    I cried when watching those videos. He's making more poop up in those videos than 1000 cows do in their lives to promote his channel and that gambling site he's involved with.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    I cried when watching those videos. He's making more poop up in those videos than 1000 cows do in their lives to promote his channel and that gambling site he's involved with.
    Yeah BBB isn't that trustworthy haha. But i thought the mod reach part wasnt that unbelievable?
    In every moment a choice exists. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change and allow a brighter future to unfold before us. Such an uncertain future may call for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming whether we like it or not. The question is will you control it, or will it control you?
    -Niklaus Mikaelson

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davyraitt View Post
    Yeah BBB isn't that trustworthy haha. But i thought the mod reach part wasnt that unbelievable?
    Mostly since
    1) Mod Ash updated the gmaul and introduced the bug
    2) Mod Reach was involved in patching the bug
    3) Mod Reach will of gotten a redundancy pay/gotten out of a contract from been fired which will of allowed him to take the job he's just gotten
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I could have sworn just the other that you had like maybe 20 posts...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information