29 Post(s)

Just hit masters

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAX Twisted Fate View Post
    Just hit masters

Jesus, I was literally watching you play just yesterday on recommended matches. I'll be up to your level soon enough though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Just hit masters

I'd say congrats, but that's literally the only skin I've ever wanted beyond Triumphant Ryze.

At least you aren't Bronze 5 like the last guy I saw with Trumphant Ryze -.-.

Seriously though, congrats. My ign is "adc" - does that ring a bell? I could've sworn I've played with you before, but it might just be your name overlapping with a rare skin name, so I dunno.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Just hit masters
    Jesus, I wish I was that good. Congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Just hit masters

You m-fer....... I remember getting stomped by you months ago. I was Shaco jungle.... so many tears that game. Impossible to escape a good TF

Grats on masters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    I'd say congrats, but that's literally the only skin I've ever wanted beyond Triumphant Ryze.

At least you aren't Bronze 5 like the last guy I saw with Trumphant Ryze -.-.

Seriously though, congrats. My ign is "adc" - does that ring a bell? I could've sworn I've played with you before, but it might just be your name overlapping with a rare skin name, so I dunno.
    Kinda rings a bell, but just like not sure if you played with me from my name overlapping with the skin, I feel the same way with your name overlapping with the role.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Kinda rings a bell, but just like not sure if you played with me from my name overlapping with the skin, I feel the same way with your name overlapping with the role.
    Well then. I'm glad we had this conversation.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Silver 5 represent.

NKNScripts <--

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

My brother plays League a lot. I remember the original idea that sparked League, when I used to play warcraft frozen throne online and people had different maps you could play.

I never got into league because I feel like I would piss everyone off in a match because I do not know what the hell I am doing, there are so many different things to it I just would rather watch lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

So...how would you feel about possibly coaching a silver 3 noob some day?

Or anyone for that matter. My IGN is: A Sea Turtle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Hey all, d2 NA here. Hit masters then dropped like crazy. PM for my ign

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    So...how would you feel about possibly coaching a silver 3 noob some day?

Or anyone for that matter. My IGN is: A Sea Turtle
    Don't have the time for it, and whenever I give people advice it seems they never really take it to heart to it's kinda frustrating for me and not worth the time. If you really want to improve, chck out lastshadow9's videos on yourtube/his stream or check skill-capped.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captainblast View Post
    My brother plays League a lot. I remember the original idea that sparked League, when I used to play warcraft frozen throne online and people had different maps you could play.

I never got into league because I feel like I would piss everyone off in a match because I do not know what the hell I am doing, there are so many different things to it I just would rather watch lol.
    DoTa wasn't the original Moba though. It was the first popular one, but it stole the idea from elsewhere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    DoTa wasn't the original Moba though. It was the first popular one, but it stole the idea from elsewhere
    Oh no waay. I thought it was from warcraft. Damn it really goes far back then. What was the idea from?
    "We're all someone else to someone else." - Calvin & Hobbes.
    A story of life. Inside everyone are two wolves. It is a terrible fight. One is evil, one is good. Which one wins? The one you feed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Oh no waay. I thought it was from warcraft. Damn it really goes far back then. What was the idea from?
    Obviously pong, everything came from pong.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

The original "moba" was a game called Aeon of Strife, I believe, for Starcraft: BW.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Starcraft had a mod that was the first semi-popular form, but the idea of Mobas came from a very old game called Herzog Zwei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herzog_Zwei

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I play every once in a while. Feel free to add "Hiya"!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Guys, I've been straight either feeding at adc, not being able to lift up 3 feeding lanes as jungle (the one I manage to lift decides to go full woolite almost invariably) or just doing nothing to bring up the other two feeding lanes in the solo lanes in ranked. I definitely could use some champion suggestions because my current picks feel like completely useless (Rumble in top [probably just unlucky on this one] as well as forays into ryze and shen, Ez+akali+kat+cass in mid, eve/lee/shyv in jg, and let's not even go into bot lane since I don't think I'm hard wired to succeed at anything but sivir down there being a godawful peeler that ends up tunneling on alistar initiates)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Guys, I've been straight either feeding at adc, not being able to lift up 3 feeding lanes as jungle (the one I manage to lift decides to go full woolite almost invariably) or just doing nothing to bring up the other two feeding lanes in the solo lanes in ranked. I definitely could use some champion suggestions because my current picks feel like completely useless (Rumble in top [probably just unlucky on this one] as well as forays into ryze and shen, Ez+akali+kat+cass in mid, eve/lee/shyv in jg, and let's not even go into bot lane since I don't think I'm hard wired to succeed at anything but sivir down there being a godawful peeler that ends up tunneling on alistar initiates)
    I really, really, really don't want this to come across as rude or a personal attack, and I sincerely hope you don't take it as one.

In League, the only static variable in any of your games is that you are playing in them. If you're having trouble winning, blaming your other variables for these losses makes no sense. You need to realize that you're not a perfect player, and for every feeder that goes 0/15 you're going to get a player that goes 15/0. The feeders aren't the reason you're not at the Elo you want to be; your sub-par play is.

Now, that isn't to say you're not going to have unwinnable games (everyone does!), but that is to say that these are not the majority and are balanced out by unloseable games. If, in 30% (though I would say 30% is too high for both of these) of the games you play you have a player that just cannot win that game, and a similar 30% of games where you cannot lose no matter how badly you play, you still have 60% of the games left to make a big enough impact to win in. If, then, you are not winning the majority of your games the only person to blame is yourself.

I would suggest working towards the goal of playing a game with no mistakes. To begin with you're probably going to have to work at playing a game without big mistakes (ie. not walking into the enemy team, or not dying because you didn't ward or you didn't use the vision the ward gave you). From there you can start working on smaller and smaller mistakes; did I miss 2 CS that wave? Something to work on. Did I lose a trade because I cancelled an autoattack? Something to work on. Once you stop making big, game-losing mistakes and you start ironing out all the little mechanical errors, you'll see your rating skyrocket.

Probably the most important part of League, though, is your attitude. If you go into every game thinking "man, my team is shit and I have to be the savior that wins us the game," (and yes, this is a good attitude to have if you're a Masters or Challenger tier player stomping your way out of Bronze/Silver/Gold/Plat because it's true, but for improving your play it is not) you're going to improve much more slowly than if you had a better attitude simply because you're going to have a lot of trouble accepting that you, not your teammate, made a mistake. When I was grinding up from S1 to D1 I went into every serious game with the attitude of "I am worse than every player here" and did my best to play my absolute best; and if that was not enough, I did my best to figure out why it wasn't enough and change that. I went from raging every game we lost about how my team is shit and I'm unlucky and so on to improving so quickly I didn't know what to do with all my Elo. I literally went from S1 to D5 in a week and a half, and D5 to D1 in the next month and a half.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Yeah, I realise that I'm doing something wrong, and as far as I can tell it's that I'm just not able to make the plays I used to be able to (and thus end us resigning myself to lane and farm doing nothing of consequence). I'm sure part of it is the fact my cs-ing isn't super godly, but then again, it never was.

However, I think a bigger part of it is that Riot over the last few patches has utterly shit on all the champs I used to rely on to be able to make plays (eve, and the jungle in general, is probably the best example of this) which leads to me feeding uncontrollably when trying to force the issue, especially as jungler (which is why I hate playing my best role, the one I actually used to get to plat last season, in ranked, since it's now so hit or miss).

Which is why I am asking for different champions to pick up, especially since most of my laning picks tend to be pretty forcibly losing matchups (I have a rather unhealthy amount of hyper scaling tear reliant picks in my pool ending up in poor lanes like ezreal v anything, cass vs lux, ryze vs anything). Locking into me 'doing nothing' in laning phase (which means I have no effect on the outcome in too many games) if you include the times I end up stalemating a losing matchup (something I am very good at doing but horrible at converting it to anything as of late). It definitely feels like I am handicapping myself out of the gate and I haven't been playing enough to be good enough to get away with doing this when riot is nerfing these picks at the same time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Don't have the time for it, and whenever I give people advice it seems they never really take it to heart to it's kinda frustrating for me and not worth the time. If you really want to improve, chck out lastshadow9's videos on yourtube/his stream or check skill-capped.
    Thank you! The videos were actually a great help!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    Yeah, I realise that I'm doing something wrong, and as far as I can tell it's that I'm just not able to make the plays I used to be able to (and thus end us resigning myself to lane and farm doing nothing of consequence). I'm sure part of it is the fact my cs-ing isn't super godly, but then again, it never was.

However, I think a bigger part of it is that Riot over the last few patches has utterly shit on all the champs I used to rely on to be able to make plays (eve, and the jungle in general, is probably the best example of this) which leads to me feeding uncontrollably when trying to force the issue, especially as jungler (which is why I hate playing my best role, the one I actually used to get to plat last season, in ranked, since it's now so hit or miss).

Which is why I am asking for different champions to pick up, especially since most of my laning picks tend to be pretty forcibly losing matchups (I have a rather unhealthy amount of hyper scaling tear reliant picks in my pool ending up in poor lanes like ezreal v anything, cass vs lux, ryze vs anything). Locking into me 'doing nothing' in laning phase (which means I have no effect on the outcome in too many games) if you include the times I end up stalemating a losing matchup (something I am very good at doing but horrible at converting it to anything as of late). It definitely feels like I am handicapping myself out of the gate and I haven't been playing enough to be good enough to get away with doing this when riot is nerfing these picks at the same time.
    I mean, my biggest suggestion would be to just play heroes you enjoy. I climbed with Ziggs back when he was strong, but I continued playing him and doing fine after nerfs because I enjoyed him. Pick a champion you don't mind playing a bajillion times in a row, and then play that champion a bajillion times in a row. Even if they're weaker than their opponents you can still make a larger impact on a hero you've played a ton and know the matchups for.

If you really don't care who you play, I'd suggest watching a few pro games/streams and looking at which champions are picked often (except by people who only play one champion, of course) and work with those as a base for your pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

my suggestion is to maybe look at a few replays of your own games. really helps to catch mistakes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information