Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Anarchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

I feel sympathy for those who actually care about the original protests' message, having it reduced to nothing because criminals decide to exploit the situation by destroying, attacking, and looting.

Maybe there's a bit of both, but looting and destroying is so pathetic to me. Then there's the people who just like to get into the violence and cause disruption.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    I feel sympathy for those who actually care about the original protests' message, having it reduced to nothing because criminals decide to exploit the situation by destroying, attacking, and looting.

Maybe there's a bit of both, but looting and destroying is so pathetic to me. Then there's the people who just like to get into the violence and cause disruption.
    And it's probably done by a lot people who don't even live in the city like in Ferguson..

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Ah, and now there's news of gangs and terrorist groups setting aside their differences and working together to kill all the cops. While I typically approve of collaboration and setting aside differences, I think this might be cause for intervention by legitimate military (not the kind where cops think they're military).

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Ah, and now there's news of gangs and terrorist groups setting aside their differences and working together to kill all the cops. While I typically approve of collaboration and setting aside differences, I think this might be cause for intervention by legitimate military (not the kind where cops think they're military).
    afaik 1,500 national guard members were deployed last night

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    afaik 1,500 national guard members were deployed last night
    I just read an article saying they had 5,000 troops available so maybe they've upgraded already.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

This.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

this guy is the true hero of baltimore
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post

The hero they need, but not the hero they deserve.
    The Dark Man Rises. Coming to a Baltimore near you.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post

Skills! Cool ninja dance.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

It's a pity that people engage in such violent behavior. However, for most of them this is the only way they know how to release their anger. The unfortunate thing is that in doing what they're doing they screw their community and their own situations even harder. Vandalism, Arson and Looting merely punishes the few, already struggling businesses in their already tenuous community. It's like snuffing out the few candles that actually managed to survive the wind just because people were mad. In doing this the people involved also just perpetuate their own stereotypes and almost justify, in a way, their unfair treatment (stereotype: black ppl r violent --> they loot + destroy baltimore stores --> maybe the stereotype is actually real and not flawed).

The sad part is that there really isn't a feasible solution to this problem at least from what I can see. There's an enormous trust gap between lower income communities and predominantly white / perceived disconnected cops that probably won't be bridged for generations, thus any interactions between the groups are bound to fail as there is no trust that either side will carry out the terms of any agreement between the two. Combined with the government not doing anything about it due to the "no-compromise" and my way or the highway attitude crippling Congress and legislatures around the country, it's just going to be an unfortunate reality for as you and me live.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Alternative note that a friend in university has pointed out:
    Friends: Before you castigate the 100-or-so Black citizens of Baltimore who were involved in violent protests this week for "rioting" or "looting," consider the following:
    1) 10,000 people protested peacefully in Baltimore but were neither pictured nor discussed in headlines from major news organizations.
    2) When white sports fans or college students have fought, looted, destroyed property, and clashed with police in the streets, they've been met with nothing more than sighs of "kids will be kids" and the like. When Black Americans protesting against the unrelenting onslaught of murder at the hands of the same police who are sworn to protect them and their communities, they are met with searing derision.
    3) Thousands of Black American citizens killed by the police have garnered far fewer laments from the public and the national press than the comparatively insignificant amount of property damage caused by these so-called "riots." We're weighing the value of human lives against the value of broken windows.

To the extent that I am personally a pacifist and fear for the Black citizens of Baltimore whose lives are at risk every time they interact--peacefully and otherwise--with the police and the National Guard, I fervently hope for a swift end to this violence. But let's recognize these double standards of judgment, journalism, and justice for what they are.
    Related articles:

10,000 Strong Peacefully Protest In Downtown Baltimore, Media Only Reports The Violence & Arrest of Dozens

11 Stunning Images Highlight the Double Standard of Reactions to Riots Like Baltimore

Interesting that I never heard of the peaceful aspect until now. It's important to know all the facts I suppose before jumping to conclusions.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Interesting that I never heard of the peaceful aspect until now. It's important to know all the facts I suppose before jumping to conclusions.
    Yea but this case sounds pretty clear to me. So this guy went into a police van alive, and came out with a broken spine. What in the hell didn't they put a seat bell on him for? (which they admitted they didn't). Like, there is no way anybody could possibly spin this to make it not look like the police's fault.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Yea but this case sounds pretty clear to me. So this guy went into a police van alive, and came out with a broken spine. What in the hell didn't they put a seat bell on him for? (which they admitted they didn't). Like, there is no way anybody could possibly spin this to make it not look like the police's fault.
    Yeah definitely those officer's fault for not transporting him safely. Department policy says to buckle him in, and they didn't.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I never fail to be amazed at the pure incompetence and brutality displayed by police officers in the United States. In Australia, if a police officer uses their gun, there's practically a 6 month inquiry and a billion lines of paperwork to be filled out to explain and justify the situation. Our police are held to a high standard, and although corruption occurs just like anywhere else in the world, a police officer shooting someone and killing them would make national headlines for a month. In the UK, it's pretty much the same, because only specially trained police are allowed to carry firearms. In the US, when someone is killed by a cop, it's almost as though no one gives a shit and that's just a part of life. They must have been doing something to deserve being murdered, there's no other explanation.

I just realised that I went from calm to "F the police", lol, but if everything I see and hear from the US is any indication, I'm not far from the truth. You guys have some serious problems, and events like this just seem to exacerbate the problem.
    Last edited by Incurable; 04-29-2015 at 06:23 AM.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Yeah definitely those officer's fault for not transporting him safely. Department policy says to buckle him in, and they didn't.
    And the police officers probably won't be getting into trouble because it's 'against department policy' but not illegal. IMO they should be charged with manslaughter, because that's what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Cops are people too. They should be held accountable for their actions. Need to hear more news reports on, "Police officer arrested on charges of xyz". I ain't never heard not such thing. Please show the public the incidents where cops do cross a line and pay for their crime(s). And if you have trouble finding such cases, look harder... it happens all the time.
    If police use a service weapon resulting in someones death; they have a lot of explaining to do.(Like in AU or UK) Half of the time these guys fire nearly the whole clip. IF they were properly trained they should be able to nonlethaly neutralize "a threat" and still have bullets left over in the clip for more action.
    If the police want the right to carry and use guns, they better have well trained cops. Guns are not toys.* Tbh a bow and arrow takes skill to use effectively, but any idiot can use a gun to "protect" themselves. It then logically follows that training should be that much more rigorous.

Sources: GTA and CoD

* Except for the ones little kids have. Don't shoot little kids with toy guns. Unless they have a real gun... cause in that case chances are this kid prolly just got finished killing or is about to kill a family member "by accident". But we all know that kids are trying to start a revolution. The kiddy uprising is coming. Prepare. Otherwise they, the young, will one day be alive. And us, the older, will be dead. You've been warned bro.
    Last edited by fastler; 04-29-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    The officer(s) should get charged and/or fired. When their own policies aren't followed, they're not "immune" anymore. It happened in South Carolina with that one officer that put 7 shots into a dude who was running away. Policies weren't followed, so they were in the wrong.
    I'd say the officers should get charged. Not following the policies given is a violation of their own "law", for lack of a better word. When they don't follow it, they should get disciplined, just like anyone else would.
    Manslaughter would be appropriate, as @rj said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I think it's ridiculous when african americans (i'm using this as an example because I haven't seen a white person doing it yet} use these sorts of occasions to go and loot stores. Like what does grouping up in ski masks and stealing A SHIT TON of stuff from helpless 7 eleven's that have done nothing wrong in any way shape or form contribute to the cause? Like it just further perpetuates the stereotypes that everyone establishes in their minds when they see these sorts of things happening and then there are an incredible amount of individuals who take advantage of the situation for their own personal game. It's really easy to taint one's image whereas it's really hard to repair said image. If a large amount of people group up to steal things from innocent stores and harass people because of an injustice, that accomplishes absolutely nothing. I know my view may be a bit inappropriate, and I promise I'm not saying "all black people are bad" or anything along the lines of that; and I really do agree that it is an injustice but I don't see how these things help in any way. Honestly, it just makes me hate the people involved in these situations even more.
    DISREGARD THAT I AM RACIST
    Last edited by BenLand100; 04-30-2015 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Edited for content.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotted fear View Post
    I think it's ridiculous when african americans (i'm using this as an example because I haven't seen a white person doing it yet} use these sorts of occasions to go and loot stores. Like what does grouping up in ski masks and stealing A SHIT TON of stuff from helpless 7 eleven's that have done nothing wrong in any way shape or form contribute to the cause? Like it just further perpetuates the stereotypes that everyone establishes in their minds when they see these sorts of things happening and then there are an incredible amount of individuals who take advantage of the situation for their own personal game. It's really easy to taint one's image whereas it's really hard to repair said image. If a large amount of people group up to steal things from innocent stores and harass people because of an injustice, that accomplishes absolutely nothing. I know my view may be a bit inappropriate, and I promise I'm not saying "all black people are bad" or anything along the lines of that; and I really do agree that it is an injustice but I don't see how these things help in any way. Honestly, it just makes me hate the people involved in these situations even more.
    Oh the ignorance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

tls, please explain your avatar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    Oh the ignorance.
    i'm not sure how stating that when people take advantage of a situation for no reason other than personal gain, especially when the situation at hand is more based on justice and "the right thing", is ignorance? Tell me please...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by knotted fear View Post
    i'm not sure how stating that when people take advantage of a situation for no reason other than personal gain, especially when the situation at hand is more based on justice and "the right thing", is ignorance? Tell me please...
    cause it's not only a black thing lawl Stanley cup Riot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information