Thread: Trouble with connections today?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Default Trouble with connections today?

Anyone else having trouble connecting to OSRS today / last night? I've been on and off for the past few hours, sometimes watching the world counts dip to zero in extreme cases. I've been reloading the client several times to login, anyone have an idea whats up?

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Anyone else having trouble connecting to OSRS today / last night? I've been on and off for the past few hours, sometimes watching the world counts dip to zero in extreme cases. I've been reloading the client several times to login, anyone have an idea whats up?
    ddosers, its been going on for a while now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/c...isconnections/

They banned people that resorted to DDOSing worlds to get free pvp kills for months. The same people are now angry and DDOSing every world for petty revenge.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    ddosers, its been going on for a while now.
    Well that's a bit petty huh? Thanks for the info though, I was completely unaware and rather confused.

Quote Originally Posted by woo hoo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/c...isconnections/

They banned people that resorted to DDOSing worlds to get free pvp kills for months. The same people are now angry and DDOSing every world for petty revenge.
    How do they ban them? Are these people using the same IP to DDOS and kill the player? Is there another way that I'm just missing?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Well that's a bit petty huh? Thanks for the info though, I was completely unaware and rather confused.

How do they ban them? Are these people using the same IP to DDOS and kill the player? Is there another way that I'm just missing?
    I'd guess people who are videoed staking/pking people then the worlds going down leading to the person they're fighting death. If an account gets reported with video proof X amount of times with evidence on the system to support the videos they're banned.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Thread Information