Thread: A New Aspiring-Coder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default A New Aspiring-Coder

Howdy!

I've read through many of the tutorials and have recreated every example I've come across (learn by doing, eh?) and through this first week (It's actually been a whole week I believe), I must say that I'm awe-struck to see the warm and close-knit culture and community here at SRL. How all of the "SRL-Oldtimers" encourage the Junior- and SRL-members is very welcoming to see, and one of the aspects I really love is the centrality of focus around learning (I love learning, absolutely)!

I am excited to see and meet each one of the SRL members I come across, and hope to contribute much to this community, either through materialistic scripts or at the least helpful encouragement to others. To a future with SRL as a hobbyist, cheers!

BUT! Before I let you all just say hi, I'd like to make this a 2-way conversation: I'd like you to post an answer to this question: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Personally, I like to play Flamenco guitar, learn a little coding, and study economics and theology

-----------------------------
    With Unbounding Thanks, Grace, and Peace,
    -Samlant

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Hiya, welcome to SRL!

An interesting introduction, and I will entertain your request. I do a lot of things in my spare time, but usually it depends on what I'm most interested in at that moment. I'm usually scripting, programming, reading, writing, gaming, watching a Twitch stream, streaming myself (though it has been a while), listening to music, driving or working on my car, or watching YouTube videos.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Hey man, welcome to SRL! Great to see someone as enthusiastic as you and I look forward to seeing what you can bring to the table

With regards to your question, programming is definitely not the answer. I now do that 9 - 5 and don't want to be taking work home with me, and plus I don't have much spare time anyway. Instead, when I've got a bit of time I'll go to the gym, play some Xbox or just chill out.

Anyway, welcome!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samlant View Post
    Howdy!

I've read through many of the tutorials and have recreated every example I've come across (learn by doing, eh?) and through this first week (It's actually been a whole week I believe), I must say that I'm awe-struck to see the warm and close-knit culture and community here at SRL. How all of the "SRL-Oldtimers" encourage the Junior- and SRL-members is very welcoming to see, and one of the aspects I really love is the centrality of focus around learning (I love learning, absolutely)!

I am excited to see and meet each one of the SRL members I come across, and hope to contribute much to this community, either through materialistic scripts or at the least helpful encouragement to others. To a future with SRL as a hobbyist, cheers!

BUT! Before I let you all just say hi, I'd like to make this a 2-way conversation: I'd like you to post an answer to this question: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Personally, I like to play Flamenco guitar, learn a little coding, and study economics and theology

-----------------------------
    With Unbounding Thanks, Grace, and Peace,
    -Samlant
    Hello, and welcome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for your replies! It's always nice to receive a few-

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    I do a lot of things in my spare time, but usually it depends on what I'm most interested in at that moment.
    I totally understand you; I myself will shift my time to whatever interests me at the moment.

Thread Information