Thread: What do you think of my paint?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Question What do you think of my paint?

Well, decided to mess around in PS and make a image for some of my scripts. "Text#" is a default text for variables/strings depending on the script.
    Opinions?
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Doesn't look to shabby at all, perhaps the main text should be bigger than statistics as at first glance I mistook it for part of the title. (:
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    Doesn't look to shabby at all, perhaps the main text should be bigger than statistics as at first glance I mistook it for part of the title. (:
    Yeah, the title is suppose to go along the top (over the statistic parts too, but it's shortened to Script Title in this image)
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I think it would look better if you removed the 'Statistics' and then moved the window with all the info underneath the script title

Other than that, pretty sweet!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

It gleams with fabulousness the likes of which can only be matched by @Taric;
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Still improving it.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Here's an update on what it looks like now.

Tsunami

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

I mean I think it looks nice and all, but I'm gonna give you some constructive help (don't take any offence pls ^^)

#1 : Using photoshop to align things properly. What I mean by this is that your "--Script Title--" header isn't actually central the the box in question. There are tools that if you select an area (Or your entire canvas using 'ctrl + a'). See here to learn some of the things photoshop can save you faffing about over.

#2 : Changing between main header text, and subtext. What I mean by this is that you're subtext (Text 1... etc) are all miniature versions of your header, call me old fashioned but I think having a separate font (sometimes) and colour from your main eye catching part can help distinguish the text and actually be a bit easier to read.

#3 : Background and Box. These are good, it's anice little texture background with a small rainbow affect in a lighten box, it's very simple, and is pulled off very nicely, maybe try adding a drop shadow (or at least a slightly more noticeable one if you have already)just to give it a little more lift.

Overall Opinion: You've got some nice starter work with your background and your header, your main box is nice and simple, I just think that some work can be done with the subtext (I've been doing gfx for a long while, and I still struggle with getting text right) so you've made a very nice piece.

I mean, the things I'm picking up on might seem quite anal, but when you get into this sort of thing you'll become anal about the smallest of things just like that! It may just be my personal preference but I think of all things that could make a big difference, they are it.

If you want me to try help you a bit more over skype I can try and show you some tips and tricks, or I can try develop the .psd and step by step each thing I've done or so forth, just let me know!
    Looking for cheap games? Kinguin has what you need!

Teamwork Tutorial - Akuma Tutorial
    Don't give up, reward is just around the corner.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    It gleams with fabulousness the likes of which can only be matched by @Taric;

Nothing is more fabulous than a unicorn farting rainbows.

It's not gay if it's efficient.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Text is a bit hard to read, colours clash with the background at times. Notice the "i" in Title. And some of the text 1->10. If you could add an outline or something to bring out the text and create a bit of depth, that'd be perfect.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

@tehYosh The script title is centered for my other scripts, I was just too lazy to center it on this example. I do use the latest version of PS. I will try a different font/color for my sub-text, that actually makes sense. I appreciate your constructive criticism.

@Hyperion I can see where you're coming from, thank you for the advice.

Edit : Next result

- More darkened box around the sub-text

Last edited by Lucidity; 06-22-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bly View Post
    @tehYosh The script title is centered for my other scripts, I was just too lazy to center it on this example. I do use the latest version of PS. I will try a different font/color for my sub-text, that actually makes sense. I appreciate your constructive criticism.

@Hyperion I can see where you're coming from, thank you for the advice.

Edit : Next result

- More darkened box around the sub-text

Much better! I personally prefer the 2nd one because the box is more visible, but that's just me. Nice work here, bud!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Much better! I personally prefer the 2nd one because the box is more visible, but that's just me. Nice work here, bud!
    Thanks! Trying to make it as appealing as possible. No one likes eye sores.
    What do you think @Clarity?
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bly View Post
    Thanks! Trying to make it as appealing as possible. No one likes eye sores.
    What do you think @Clarity?
    I personally think the second one looks better too, the only thing is I'd stop the rainbow gradient pattern from exceeding that box, but it doesn't look that bad leaking out at the sides.

Maybe you could add a white > invisible radial gradient set to Screen over the top of it to give it a small 'gloss' like effect to the rainbow
    Looking for cheap games? Kinguin has what you need!

Teamwork Tutorial - Akuma Tutorial
    Don't give up, reward is just around the corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Your image seems to be broken for me, can you fix it?

Thread Information