0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

and why is that?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Well, you haven't followed the guide lines for requesting a script https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99753 and this is a VERY large script which if finished would be most likely kept private or posted in the srl membership section.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mur205 View Post
    and why is that?
    a) You didn't follow the guidelines
    b) It's fun making scripts for people who can appreciate the time and effort put into making it, and understand the obstacles and challenges that you go through when you make a script like this. You come on here requesting a slayer script like somebody makes a new slayer script every week. Making a slayer script for you is like hand crafting a chair to give to a 4 year old - it understands it's a chair and that's about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

That seems like it'd be so hard, But if anyone makes one PM me i'd be glad to test it!
    Last edited by Maligkno; 06-16-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maligkno View Post
    That seems like it'd be so hard, But if anyone makes one PM me i'd be glad to pay for it
    At SRL we do not condone payment for work, please remove at haste.
    In the meantime while waiting for someone to take on this request why not poke around in here "Old School RuneScape Help and Tutorials"... Perhaps you'll learn enough to make your own!

E: RS3 found here "RuneScape 3 Help and Tutorials"
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    At SRL we do not condone payment for work, please remove at haste. In the meantime while waiting for someone to take on this request why not poke around in here "Old School RuneScape Help and Tutorials"... Perhaps you'll learn enough to make your own!
    LOL learn enough to make a slayer script? That's a good one man hahaha

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

With the time you'll most likely be waiting, anything is possible.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

I will be making a slayer script but it will not be posted in the public section, thanks for the idea though.
    Stay Blessed

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

I mean, conceptually a slayer script is actually pretty easy (especially since OSR has reflection, though I'm not sure exactly how powerful of a tool it is). Walk to the slayer master > Get task > Read task > Walk to monster > Kill monster > Repeat. The issue is how long and tedious it is to program in every monster on one slayer master - let alone every monster on every slayer master with multiple combat styles - and make sure they all work correctly with no bugs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    I mean, conceptually a slayer script is actually pretty easy (especially since OSR has reflection, though I'm not sure exactly how powerful of a tool it is). Walk to the slayer master > Get task > Read task > Walk to monster > Kill monster > Repeat. The issue is how long and tedious it is to program in every monster on one slayer master - let alone every monster on every slayer master with multiple combat styles - and make sure they all work correctly with no bugs.
    Don't want to gravedig, but don't give people a false sense here, it isn't as easy as that may seem.

You have to regard all the different monsters you will be facing, what appropriate gear, food, equipment you will need, Spiny Helm, Mirror Shield, Knife for slashing web etc...

Sure you could have all that in the inventory, but then you would have no room for food, not only that, if you get something like trolls, you'd have to make sure you're praying range whilst running up the hill to them as they can kill you in seconds.

A slayer script would take a really long time to finish, if it ever does, as you have to research every slayer task, if not do them to understand what strategies you need, how to get there, does entrance need a rope etc..

Whilst a Slayer script would be awesome, I really don't see one being made anytime soon, and as previously said by Hawker, It would be highly doubtful for the scripter to release it to the public.
    OSRS Scripts: Draynor Willows v3 [AEROLIB] [REFLECTION]
    OSRS Utilities: Get Current Tile [Reflection]
    Scripts in progress: Auto Varrock Yews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

It would be really hard to make the walk from the slayer master to the specified monsters considering the different number of possibilities. The script would probably end up constantly getting stuck.

Thread Information