Thread: Friend's Chat Guide

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Cool Friend's Chat Guide

Okay, this is going to be a fairly thorough guide on all of the useful friends chats in Runescape. These chats serve to make the skills and games easier, faster, and more efficient for everyone. The various chats will be separated according to their roles (skills, D&D's, minigames etc). Keep in mind that most of these chats are aimed at the mid-higher level players. For each, there will be a small annotation about usefulness, things to know and the like. Many of these I've used, but there are some that I haven't tested/joined at all. Know that this is my first guide and will be very text-based.

SKILLS

Dungeoneering- "Free Leech"
    No, I'm not lying about this one, it is a real thing. Exactly as it sounds. NO paying, just free exp. A little bit of explaining is due here. There are people who try to break time records on large floors. And to break these records, they need 5:5
    floors. Now, don't make this out to be okay to afk. These people are doing floors for you, and at 10 mins a large, you better be ready to teleport when there are levers/emotes. Great way to level dung if you hate actually doing it.

Link to their forum page http://services.runescape.com/m=foru...9,848,65573485

Slayer- "Slayer Nest"
    Not one that I have used, but I imagine that it would be a great one to join if you need a slayer partner/tips on what to bring to your task.

Mining- "Harmed Ore"
    Haven't gotten around to using this one yet either, but it is an fc dedicated to finding harmonized rune rocks when the Voice of Seren is in the Trahaearen Sector. Good for making lots of money in a little amount of time.

Woodcutting- "Tree Hunt"
    This fc is dedicated to locating the crystal tree on its home world. However, if you have access to the Max Guild garden, it is considerably easy to just attune a portal to the current crystal tree instead.

MINIGAMES

Great Orb Project- "GOP Addict"
    Alright, not the biggest fan of this game. But, if you need Thalers/tokens, this fc is awesome for being fair. It's a 50/50 fc, so each side will receive the same amount of tokens.

Stealing Creation- "Fast Sc" + "Fast Sc2"
    Been checking on this, and it's not as active as it used to be. The only time you'll likely get games out of this chat is when SC is on spotlight. BUT, when it is on spotlight, you can expect ~10 minute games, which translates to about 160k bonus xp per hour if recharging volatile tools. Quick note about this is that they are skilling exclusive, meaning that combat inside the game is not tolerated.

Heists- "Heist for xp"
    Haven't tried this, but anyone who's played heists know that the points you get are all based on the length of the game, meaning that afking is actually ideal. These guys actualy do quick games because extra points are given for winning. They are as efficient as possible, and they estimate bonus xp to hit 267k/hr.

Castle Wars- "Cwafkers"
    Instead of tying every game, they have one team win every time, and switch the players so that everyone gets the same amount of tickets. This allows for the opportunity to get the hybrid helmets.

Mobilizing Armies/Conquest- "Mob Conquest"
    Alright guys, sorry to tell you that this fc is so inactive that you probably couldn't even get a mob armies game together. I joined it just to see how inactive it was, and there were two other people. But who's to say that I just caught it at a bad time.

Barbarian Assault- "Ba games"
    Used this while BA was on spotlight, and there were a good 50+ people in there. Problem is, it's usually expected (even though they say the opposite) that you are an experienced player when grouping with them. Still a great place to connect with people who have the same intentions as you.

D&D's

Effigies- "Fast Effigy"
    Pretty self explanatory, if you don't have the required skill, just ask for an assist and someone will gladly help you out.

Demon Flash Mobs- "Demonmobs FC"
    Active, definitely useful if you're inclined to do this D&D.

Evil Tree- "Tree Hunters"
    I don't do evil trees, and I don't even really recommend it tbh, but there are some perks to doing it. These guys will all track down the tree on their world so everyone can chop it down.

Fish Flingers- "2FlingFish"
    It's pretty much required to join this fc if you play this. They are located on the Fish Flingers world, and they make the game extra easy by calling out the perfect tackle combinations. However, if you don't call out the free hint you get, then you get kicked, so make sure you contribute.

Penguins- "world60pengs" "W60pengs" "w60pengu" "w60pengy"
    There are so many different penguin chats, that I just listed the one that I've used. The three extra chats are for when the first one(s) are full, and the last one is for the ghost penguin. When you find a penguin, refrain from being a leech, call it's location. Don't be that guy.

Rune Goldberg Machine- "Vis wax fc"
    Once you join the chat, the name of the chat is the known combination for the day.

Shooting Stars- "Star_Find"
    Honestly, I just picked the first one that I saw. There are a lot of these fc's out there, and they're all active. Same idea as evil tree, a bunch of people working together to determine the location of the star.

Wilderness Warbands- "Warbands Fc" "Ethereal Pk"
    Never done warbands myself, but it's quite advantageous to go in a group. These are the two highest used chats for warbands.

MISCELLANEOUS

"Minigames"
    If you need Thaler, this is the place to go. They set up camp at the minigame in the spotlight and do afk-only games. Highly active, personally used many times.

"Portables"
    I have yet to use this one, but it is just an absolute bunch of portables for anyone to use for free. I don't have too much info on this one, but it can't be hard to figure out.

Alright, so that's all that I could think of. If anyone else knows of any that I missed, please tell me so that I can keep this thing updated. Hope it helped!
    Last edited by Akantor; 06-28-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Great idea for a guide! This is quite useful, especially for some of those obscure trim requirements. Hopefully more people will contribute and post other chats they know of, as well as their experiences.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

I didn't know have of these existed, Thank you lol
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Unless caleb changed the rules for free leech, floors can be with any amount of leeches.
    Also just edit your post with a description on how to find our rules. We do not take them lightly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Awesome guide mate! thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Unless caleb changed the rules for free leech, floors can be with any amount of leeches.
    Also just edit your post with a description on how to find our rules. We do not take them lightly.
    Thanks for the heads up, would you guys like to see the forum codes for all of these friends chats as well?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Reading the first paragraph almost had be backspacing. Glad I read it, brilliant and useful guide!

P1nky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Never knew about cwafkers, ty added to notes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

For OSRS "Free Furnace" and "True Bf" are great channels for blast furance. 07 Altar for gildeds too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

this is awsome im totaly bookmarking this as i do tones of these things

Thread Information