Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Botting multiple accounts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Default Botting multiple accounts

Hello, my computer only can handle 2 accounts at same moment, so i decided to buy other pc, but before i buy it i want to know how many bots it`ll handle.
    Current computer stats: Intel i3 1.8ghz 4gb ram

If i want it to open 4 bots at same moment, about what stats of computer i`d need?

Thank you for help!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I'd go out on a limb and say to run four bots, your computer would need to be twice as powerful as the one that can run two bots.

Get an i5 and a nice-ish dedicated graphics card, you'll be fine.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-27-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

The main things you are going to run several bots are a dedicated gpu for rendering, cpu to handle all of them, and ram. I find that if I have x Gb of ram I can run that many bots assuming that my computers gpu can keep up. For 4 bots I would recommend an i5 processor, and at LEAST 4 Gb ram preferably 8. That's about as much as I know maybe someone else can be more specific.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure cpu performance is much more important vs. Gpu, I have an amd 8 core cpu overclocked to 4.4ghz with 8gb ram and a gtx 750 1gb gpu, currently have 11 osrs bots running/chrome browser with 15 tabs open and my cpu is at 100% about 6gb of out of 8gb ram is being used and my gpu load is only at 30%. spent about 500$ on the computer, that's with waiting around for the right sales on the components.
    Last edited by ry0240; 06-27-2015 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Just saying i3 or i5 doesn't mean anything. I have an i3-4330 3.5 GHz and I'm running 6 RS3 bots at 50 fps. Just get a good CPU and you'll be fine.
    RAM is cheap, so I'd just go with 8gb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Hmm... I am curious though, on how much the difference between intel 4 core (i5) vs amd 8 core is. intel is more efficient in general. I have a pentium and I can probably run 2 or 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

8 cores is like, twice as good as 4 cores

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geek borgel View Post
    8 cores is like, twice as good as 4 cores
    Double the cores does not equal double the power, not within the same processor family.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Double the cores does not equal double the power, not within the same processor family.
    I have the feeling that intel will beat any comprable amd chip for botting, but I dont have all the facts or evidence to support that. My reasoning is efficiency + lower temps. AMD can get raw gHz advantages... but i still feel like intel m,ight be better for bots

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

6-7 accounts is i7-4790k, if bankstanding can run up to 12-14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    6-7 accounts is i7-4790k, if bankstanding can run up to 12-14
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Just saying i3 or i5 doesn't mean anything. I have an i3-4330 3.5 GHz and I'm running 6 RS3 bots at 50 fps. Just get a good CPU and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ry0240 View Post
    I'm pretty sure cpu performance is much more important vs. Gpu, I have an amd 8 core cpu overclocked to 4.4ghz with 8gb ram and a gtx 750 1gb gpu, currently have 11 osrs bots running/chrome browser with 15 tabs open and my cpu is at 100% about 6gb of out of 8gb ram is being used and my gpu load is only at 30%. spent about 500$ on the computer, that's with waiting around for the right sales on the components.
    I'd go out on a limb and say to run four bots, your computer would need to be twice as powerful as the one that can run two bots.

Get an i5 and a nice-ish dedicated graphics card, you'll be fine.
    Im thinking about buying a computer with i5-5200u 3mb cache 2.2ghz processor, 6gb ram, geforce 840m graphic card. What you think about that computer for botting? Its of course laptop, i cant buy pc because im always travelling. About how much clients you think it can open?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ry0240 View Post
    OSRS is much more CPU heavy than RS3. For RS3 I think you actually need a decent GPU to run a lot of bots.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lempa View Post
    Im thinking about buying a computer with i5-5200u 3mb cache 2.2ghz processor, 6gb ram, geforce 840m graphic card. What you think about that computer for botting? Its of course laptop, i cant buy pc because im always travelling. About how much clients you think it can open?
    I'd say 4-6 bots with that setup. My cousin has a laptop with that processor and it seems to run well. I'm not on my computer so I don't know about the graphics, but if you're using direct x it shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    OSRS is much more CPU heavy than RS3. For RS3 I think you actually need a decent GPU to run a lot of bots.
    Graphics is more or less dependant on what you're using (Direct X / OpenGL). OpenGL is the most GPU intensive and is a bit variable (works well on some not so well on others), whereas directX does not need a very powerful graphics card. I can run 4 Direct X bots on a VPS with integrated graphics.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swag Bag View Post
    Graphics is more or less dependant on what you're using (Direct X / OpenGL). OpenGL is the most GPU intensive and is a bit variable (works well on some not so well on others), whereas directX does not need a very powerful graphics card. I can run 4 Direct X bots on a VPS with integrated graphics.
    I forgot there'd be a performance difference between OGL and DX, good point. What are the other specs on the VPS?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I forgot there'd be a performance difference between OGL and DX, good point. What are the other specs on the VPS?
    The one I'm currently using is I believe an Intel processor with integrated graphics and 8GB ram. I think the limiting factor from running more bots *smoothly* is the graphics.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Please don't get a laptop. If you can't buy a PC because you travel too much, a laptop isn't the solution. Unless it's a bona fide gaming laptop, it's going to be crap and unable to support as many clients as its specs suggest.

Get a VPS with hardware acceleration instead. As BMWxi said, RS3 is graphicaly intensive, whereas OSRS is processor-intensive.

I disagree. OpenGL is superior in all ways to DirectX -- Windows is the limiting factor, the OS and applications written for it are only optimized for DirectX.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-13-2015 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I disagree. OpenGL is superior in all ways to DirectX -- Windows is the limiting factor, the OS and applications written for it are only optimized for DirectX.
    So are you saying with the exact same specs, if I was running opengl bots Ubuntu it would perform much better? And on the same note are proprietary drivers support up to date with ogl and everything to run it?

I used to tri-boot with windows Ubuntu and another Linux distro but I dropped them because the software just wasn't supported as it is now.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

So are you saying with the exact same specs, if I was running opengl bots Ubuntu it would perform much better? And on the same note are proprietary drivers support up to date with ogl and everything to run it?
    Correct, since GNU/Linux supports both renderers.

& yes, provided you install the propietary drivers for your card.

However, GNU/Linux support for Simba specifically has been broken for some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Please don't get a laptop. If you can't buy a PC because you travel too much, a laptop isn't the solution. Unless it's a bona fide gaming laptop, it's going to be crap and unable to support as many clients as its specs suggest.

Get a VPS with hardware acceleration instead. As BMWxi said, RS3 is graphicaly intensive, whereas OSRS is processor-intensive.

Thank you for advice. You think that laptop i mentioned above couldnt open 4-6 clients?
    Wont there be more chance getting banned if i use vps? Maybe you can offer vps services you use?

Also if i somehow decide to buy pc. About how many bots could handle pc with: intel i5 6mb cache 3.2 ghz processor, 8gb ram, geforce gtx750?
    If i havent mentioned above i bot only osrs.

I want to thank again, you really help me

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Thank you for advice. You think that laptop i mentioned above couldnt open 4-6 clients?
    I highly doubt it. If it can, they'll be laggy and run low fps.

Wont there be more chance getting banned if i use vps? Maybe you can offer vps services you use?
    Running on a VPS won't place you at any more risk of ban, that doesn't make any sense. A VPS is just someone else's computer.

Also if i somehow decide to buy pc. About how many bots could handle pc with: intel i5 6mb cache 3.2 ghz processor, 8gb ram, geforce gtx750?
    I don't really know. 6 to 8, I'd say.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

I highly doubt it. If it can, they'll be laggy and run low fps.

Running on a VPS won't place you at any more risk of ban, that doesn't make any sense. A VPS is just someone else's computer.

I don't really know. 6 to 8, I'd say.
    Tbh VPS's do put you at more risks of bans/mutes/account locks due to most of their IP ranges been flagged.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post

I have to agree 100%, we dont even know if you are talking about a mobile version or not... Please provide full names on Intel cpu's.

Either way I think an Intel 4460 currently is the best bang for buck if you want a botting rig, as you wont need to invest much on a good motherboard with a chipset that supports overclocking. (Get a random/cheap b81/85 motherboard for 1/4th of the price of the z97 counterpart).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I have to agree 100%, we dont even know if you are talking about a mobile version or not... Please provide full names on Intel cpu's.

Either way I think an Intel 4460 currently is the best bang for buck if you want a botting rig, as you wont need to invest much on a good motherboard with a chipset that supports overclocking. (Get a random/cheap b81/85 motherboard for 1/4th of the price of the z97 counterpart).
    I`m thinking now about buying pc with: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0/4.4Ghz 22nm Quad core processor, 8 gb ram, Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

I`m thinking now about buying pc with: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0/4.4Ghz 22nm Quad core processor, 8 gb ram, Intel® HD Graphics 4600
    Are you going to overclock it? Tbh I dont think its worth spending almost double by going 4790k with z97.
    You wont be able to run double the amount of bots. Sure if you are going to game etc go for it. Just not for a botting pc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information