Thread: Cheap windows 10?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Default Cheap windows 10?

Does anyone know if I bought windows 7 now for uber cheap, could I still upgrade to 10 for free at the end of the month?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...ows-10-upgrade

^ seems to suggest that 29th July is the cutoff. I'd go for it.

Make sure to read the fine print though

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates
    *Windows Offer Details

Yes, free! This upgrade offer is for a full version of Windows 10, not a trial. 3GB download required; standard data rates apply. To take advantage of this free offer, you must upgrade to Windows 10 within one year of availability. Once you upgrade, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.

Windows 10 Upgrade Offer is valid for qualified Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices, including devices you already own. Some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device and market. The availability of Windows 10 upgrade for Windows Phone 8.1 devices may vary by OEM, mobile operator or carrier. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer. To check for compatibility and other important installation information, visit your device manufacturer’s website and the Windows 10 Specifications page. Additional requirements may apply over time for updates.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-09-2015 at 12:21 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swag Bag View Post
    Does anyone know if I bought windows 7 now for uber cheap, could I still upgrade to 10 for free at the end of the month?
    Id rather stick to windows 7 if I could since for me some older games lost compatibility with 8+ but goodluck with the upgrade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

There was a 1 year upgrade period so you still can, so go for it before you are too late!

Thread Information