Thread: Fallout III

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Question Fallout III

Any fallout III players here? :]

Just got into the game recently because I heard about fallout 4 coming. This is the first fallout I played and last night I finished the adventures guide to the wasteland quest, I was really bummed though because when I went to the Arlington library, when the lady first talks to you, I chose the wrong option on accident and pissed her off, so I could not complete the quest and now I cannot sell old books to her (I was pretty dissapointed, and managed to auto save over my file before I went inside so I can't load the old save back)

Which resulted in me having to lie to the lady at crater supply. Really wish I had not done that but now I can't go back and reverse what I did. Any suggestions? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captainblast View Post
    Any fallout III players here? :]

Just got into the game recently because I heard about fallout 4 coming. This is the first fallout I played and last night I finished the adventures guide to the wasteland quest, I was really bummed though because when I went to the Arlington library, when the lady first talks to you, I chose the wrong option on accident and pissed her off, so I could not complete the quest and now I cannot sell old books to her (I was pretty dissapointed, and managed to auto save over my file before I went inside so I can't load the old save back)

Which resulted in me having to lie to the lady at crater supply. Really wish I had not done that but now I can't go back and reverse what I did. Any suggestions? lol
    You should make a lot of saves in game, just in case, specially before making decisions on dialog's

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Played the first two years ago and beat them. Haven't played 3 or New Vegas.

Not buying the hype about Fallout 4 simply because I lost interest in the series after the second game. Bethesda will pull it off flawlessly, as they always do, but I won't be playing it.

I also can't stand the people that jump on the bandwagon and only play the newer, more popular iterations of a series. The kiddies who are waiting for "Skyrim 2" or "New Vegas 2" are a good example ...
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-12-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laimonas171 View Post
    You should make a lot of saves in game, just in case, specially before making decisions on dialog's
    Yeah I learned that now lol

Regardless, a pretty fun game to play. Only other game I played like this was skyrim. Interested to check out fallout vegas too.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Played the first two years ago and beat them. Haven't played 3 or New Vegas.

Not buying the hype about Fallout 4 simply because I lost interest in the series after the second game. Bethesda will pull it off flawlessly, as they always do, but I won't be playing it.

Yeah man I feel ya. I try to not get sucked into series of games, so this is my first time playing any of the fallouts. The third one has managed to grab my attention. I am just wondering what the graphics will look like compared to fallout 3. Bethesda usually does a pretty good job considering the detail in skyrim.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by captainblast View Post
    Yeah I learned that now lol

Regardless, a pretty fun game to play. Only other game I played like this was skyrim. Interested to check out fallout vegas too.
    Give the older titles a chance! Try out the original Fallout! Play Morrowind or Oblivion before you play Skyrim! Don't be a bandwagoner

There's a really great resource on the older Fallout games here: http://web.archive.org/web/201502241...k.com/fallout/ (original site is sadly gone)
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Give the older titles a chance! Try out the original Fallout! Play Morrowind or Oblivion before you play Skyrim! Don't be a bandwagoner

There's a really great resource on the older Fallout games here: http://web.archive.org/web/201502241...k.com/fallout/ (original site is sadly gone)
    Lol I know, I remember Morrowind and Oblivion from years ago, used to watch my brothers play it. I got really into skype because of the gameplay and graphics, it was unreal (but I do remember final fantasy surprising me on PS2). You ever play gears of war? I really got into those, then the third one came out and I never even played it yet haha.

I'll check out that Fallout site I love reading through that kinda stuff. Been doing it with fallout 3.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I'm a fan of the series. I've gotten into playing the original Fallout again recently and I also order Fallout 3 a couple days ago. The concept of the game is original and near limitless. And from my personal experience so far in the series, they deliver on the concept of post-nuclear survival RPG.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Ive gotten into playing New Vegas again due to the Fallout 4 hype unfortunately I dont have 3 for my PC and I sold it with my ps3 but just be warned that New Vegas in my opinion feels like an expansion rather than a separate game.

Regardless they are both great games, both of which I put in over 100+ hours and played multiple times through to find new quests and try different dialogues and play styles the options are literally endless and im sure FO4 will be jsut as amazing!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
    unfortunately I dont have [Fallout] 3 for my PC
    There are ways you can get it ...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Oh cool, I didn't know this thread existed. Fallout 3 GOTY was like $5 or something like that in the Steam summer sale. I also snagged NV and became a HUGE fan of the series. What a great game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

There are ways you can get it ...
    lol of course of course most of my games are torrentd but if i know i like a game I try to support the developer and buy it as well :O Call me crazy if yah want :P

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Honestly I vastly preferred Oblivion over Skyrim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Oblivion's graphics honestly kill me when I try to play. It's not a bad game, just very outdated. Fallout 4 will be great I am sure, but I personally can't wait for ES6 to be released!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    To borrow from Totalbiscuit, Skyrim is like an ocean with the depth of puddle. But when you compare that to Oblivion, Oblivion is just a bland copy/paste with all of the great stuff about Morrowind ripped out of it. I swear almost every area of Oblivion looks the exact same. At least Skyrim has some variation in landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanar View Post
    Oblivion's graphics honestly kill me when I try to play. It's not a bad game, just very outdated. Fallout 4 will be great I am sure, but I personally can't wait for ES6 to be released!
    Oblivion's graphics have aged fairly well imo, especially if you mod the game to make them better. Skyrim actually looks like crap with default graphics, honestly, it's only mods that make it look good.

I reckon I put 30ish hours into FO3, finished the campaign once, started a new character who was all stealth-mode after buying the expansion with the Chinese stealth suit, haven't touched it since. I bought NV and played it for 5mins, couldn't get into it. I plan on buying the original two one day, they're right up my alley gameplay and story wise, I just haven't got the time right now.
    Last edited by Incurable; 08-10-2015 at 01:03 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

I played through both FO3 and New Vegas. I recently tried Fallout 2 (because of the FO4 hype), but I didn't like it.
    I recently started a new game in FO3 too - all I have to say is, it's not enjoyable to play it the second time at all. Oh well, I hope I can at least try FO4 when it comes out ^^

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torol View Post
    I played through both FO3 and New Vegas. I recently tried Fallout 2 (because of the FO4 hype), but I didn't like it.
    I recently started a new game in FO3 too - all I have to say is, it's not enjoyable to play it the second time at all. Oh well, I hope I can at least try FO4 when it comes out ^^
    Did you try a specialty character this time around? I only did a well rounded character this time, but I've heard that a stealth sniper is the easiest way to play through and that a unarmed female is pretty fun as well because some storylines can be different if you play as a female.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    Did you try a specialty character this time around? I only did a well rounded character this time, but I've heard that a stealth sniper is the easiest way to play through and that a unarmed female is pretty fun as well because some storylines can be different if you play as a female.
    I can tell you now that a stealth character using Lincoln's Repeater is the most OP thing ever. Pretty much everything is a 1 shot kill to the head, and if you have the Chinese Stealth Suit from the DLC, you're undetectable. It really turns the game into a bit of a joke, tbh.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

get this mod if you play new vegas with the dlc

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    get this mod if you play new vegas with the dlc
    Ohhh that looks pretty interesting, that would definitely make the game harder, ill try it out sometime

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I usually play with stealth characters in Bethesda games, because I like to rob people And it has it's advantages in combat too. I've never tried unarmed though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I personally loved the Fallout series; I'd recommend playing with mods, it's a lot of fun.

Thread Information