Thread: This place is awesome lately!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Default This place is awesome lately!

I just thought I would post a thread to celebrate how great the SRL community has been lately.

I could spend all day trying to find worthy people to hand some rep points to!

(sorry incurable):

Maybe people could take a second to thank the folks who helped them along the way.

I started here a couple of years ago when things were dead. Runescape updated and SRL5 wasn't working. SRL6 wasn't released yet and everyone was crying to Olly for working code.

Meanwhile I was trying to figure out what the heck everyone was talking about with TPA this, DTM that, and ACA something or other.

I bugged Olly a lot back then and he was pretty patient with me. And Ashaman really encouraged me and made me feel like it was worth sharing back with others.

I still remember how excited I was when I got my pastry dough maker running. I was thanking all the people who posted their examples. I'm thinking it was Justin who posted the first working srl6 script. Someone else posted working stuff but it was early and customized (but still worthy!!). My search skills aren't up to par.

Anyway, love you guys! Keep messing around and sharing the goods.

-- bonsai

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

I started back when EoC had first come out I think? I can still remember the old longevity and activity bars when you posted and was always amazed that people that joined a long time ago were still here. Honestly I couldn't thank enough people for the help I received back when I was learning to script and the support and warmth you got when you contributed, that's what made it so good .

Long live SRL!

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Great thread and I couldn't agree more. Wonderful community with lots of projects going on lately, helpful and mature members and promising ideas being brought forth and shared. We're one-in-a-million my friends.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

I do agree, this community is beyond compare! We have members constantly giving back with custom includes, scripts and help to newer less experienced scripters (like myself) who are only just beginning there journey in rs macroing.

Long live the SRL and long live runescape botting!
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

I have thought there have been so many releases over the past few weeks alone, just a shame all my accounts got banned in 1 swoop :')

Hoping to start again soon myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Have to agree with everyone else here. I played the game for a few hours last week and it blew my mind to see how far the game has come in the last two years (I haven't played seriously in about six years though), and decided to log on here. I was extremely happy to see that villavu has grown as well. Since I first signed up, I've quit and come back many times over the years, and villavu has always been there.

Props to everyone!
    Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I would love to say I contributed... Buuuuuuut, I've failed on that count :|

I must agree though; it's great to see this place going strong after so many years. Although I might not be anywhere near as active as I used to be I'll always pop my head in now and then
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I would love to say I contributed... Buuuuuuut, I've failed on that count :|

I must agree though; it's great to see this place going strong after so many years. Although I might not be anywhere near as active as I used to be I'll always pop my head in now and then
    You're not the only one bud. Sometimes life takes over
    Jesus loves you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Feel the same way OP :]

Been coming here for years, and just recently became active again. Always have loved this community out of all of them, and always will :] I try to contribute as much I can but still learning the ropes. Try to makeup with it by posting helpful stuff :]

Keep doing you SRL community
    "We're all someone else to someone else." - Calvin & Hobbes.
    A story of life. Inside everyone are two wolves. It is a terrible fight. One is evil, one is good. Which one wins? The one you feed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)

I would agree. I have been in a lot of different places over the years and the SRL community is always very giving in advice and help and just overall being good at what they do. Long live SRL!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Its been great Lots of tutorials for noobs like me, people always helping when needed. Just a pity of the oglib problem atm. I'm sure it will be solved soon
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Thread Information