Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide to the perfect systems for botting

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Pretty good build. However, if you were building this strictly for botting, I think you would get better value out of an AMD processor. (Assuming you don't pay for electricity lol)

Passmark rates the i5-4460 @ 6653 (higher is better), and pcpartspicker has it listed at $177, so 37.59 passmarks per dollar.
    The AMD FX 9590 (8 core) has a score of 10 302, listed @ $262 for a ratio of 39.32 passmarks per dollar.

But here's where it gets good:

AMD FX 8350 passmark: 8980 @ $165 for a ratio of 54.42
    AMD FX 8320 passmark: 8056 @ $135 for a ratio of 59.67

Clearly, you get way more value out of an AMD processor. (And probably more manageable for botting since you can set certain clients to specific threads/cores)
    You can figure why I added a platinum psu same reason I did not list AMD cpu's and AMD/ATI gpu.
    But your points are valid. Im just so busy currenlty to add various different builds.

How well does passmark correlate with botting? I doubt it is a strong correlation because 8056 for a 8320 but only 6653 for a 4460 seems a bit odd.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    You can figure why I added a platinum psu same reason I did not list AMD cpu's and AMD/ATI gpu.
    But your points are valid. Im just so busy currenlty to add various different builds.

How well does passmark correlate with botting? I doubt it is a strong correlation because 8056 for a 8320 but only 6653 for a 4460 seems a bit odd.
    I'm not really sure how well it correlates, according to a few different forum posts I just googled, it is the least biased (again I don't really know). To me the scores make sense if we consider the 8320 has 8 physical cores (thats approx 1000 passmark per core) and the 4460 only has 4 (approx 1500 passmark per core) when we know that head-to-head intel beats out amd.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    I'm not really sure how well it correlates, according to a few different forum posts I just googled, it is the least biased (again I don't really know). To me the scores make sense if we consider the 8320 has 8 physical cores (thats approx 1000 passmark per core) and the 4460 only has 4 (approx 1500 passmark per core) when we know that head-to-head intel beats out amd.
    Intel > AMD in regards to performance per core.
    AMD > Intel for overclocking on a budget (4590K, for example, is much more expensive than, say, a FX 6300).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Would anyone want an updated version with skylake?
    Any other requests?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Any other requests?
    Would be interesting to see if a GPU is needed with intel iris (and if it would save money)
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Would be interesting to see if a GPU is needed with intel iris (and if it would save money)
    Only two desktop CPU's available with proper iGPU. (5675 and 5775)
    They are great for some cool ITX builds though and have great efficiency!

But I think you're better of with either a GTX 950 or 960 for cost/performance for botting.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Any other requests?
    Would love to see how well an i7-6700 runs opengl bot(s) without a discrete GPU

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Would love to see how well an i7-6700 runs opengl bot(s) without a discrete GPU
    I ordered one this week, might be able to tell you if I had OGL scripts/accounts to use them on.
    I'll see what I can accomplish

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I ordered one this week, might be able to tell you if I had OGL scripts/accounts to use them on.
    I'll see what I can accomplish
    Looking through the forum it seems like the only person with public opengl scripts for low req things was ross but they're not updated and there's been some issue with themayor? no clue, anyhoo I'll see if I can create a decent opengl script and give ya a disposable acc to run it on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information