Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide to the perfect systems for botting

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Default Guide to the perfect systems for botting

Hello,

Will edit layout later, this is a work in progress.
    If you have any suggestions for any of the builds, please provide them and give a reason why you think your suggestion would be a better pick.

I'll start of with a budget build, then I'll look for 2 higher priced builds.

Budget build 700 USD.
    Latest version on PcPartPicker.com:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4w3cLk
    • CPU

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Reasoning: a great Intel Quad-Core CPU that is not able to overclock, but performs on par with higher priced Quad-Cores. Why? Because simba doesn't support Intel's hyperthreading so getting an i7 just does not seem worth it for a budget oriented build.

• CPU Cooler

CRYORIG H7

Reasoning: Although getting a spare CPU cooler isn't needed, this cooler will make loadtemps compared to a stock cooler atleast 20 °C lower. This will prolong lifespan of a CPU. Also for noise reasons one can replace the stock intel cooler.

• Motherboard

ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX

Reasoning: Now since I've suggested a non-overclocking CPU one should not waste their money on a Z87/97 chipset.
      I recommend either the H81, B85, H87 and H97 chipsets. The suggestion I've made just seems well priced with a smaller form factor (micro ATX).
      Please compare the various chipsets intel currently has to offer:
      http://ark.intel.com/compare/75019,7...07,75013,82012

• Memory

G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600

Reasoning: The non Z87/Z97 chipsets don not support higher speed memory, so getting a DDR3-1600 set with thight (low) timings is smart thing to do. I suggested these sticks because of their price and superb timings; 7-8-8-24.

• Storage

Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB

Reasoning: Well one doesn't need more then that, and getting a M.2 drive that still uses the SATA interface (example the 850 EVO's) doesn't remove the bottleneck of SATA. The PCI-E based M.2 drives are far more costly and just don't fit this build.

• Video Card

MSI GeForce GTX 960

Reasoning: Any 960 will be fine for this build. This allows you to bot using openGl if you want to. If you don't plan on botting in openGl, a 750ti might be fine. Everything else such as brands, factory overclock etc are personal preference.

• Case

Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX

Reasoning: I like Fractal Design cases, they are well thought out and are relatively cheap.

• Power Supply

Antec EarthWatts Platinum 550W 80+ Platinum

Reasoning: I would recommend getting a PSU between 450 and 600 watt for this build. You can Always opt for a gold certified PSU, but since you'll be running this PC 24/7 one wont take long before the efficiency of a platinum rated PSU makes up for the extra cost. Antec has Always been a good and stable brand, some goes for some of the lesser known brands like seasonic. I would recommend reading allot of review when shopping for a PSU though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

It will be helpful for some people, I just couldn't imagine spending this money just to bot.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Interesting read, I've been considering a new pc for ogl botting recently.
    REP+
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I actually really like this build! I'm not too familiar with the process of building a PC, but I'd like to think about my future to consider having a computer which I can use regularly and still have the option to bot with. How many bots would you say this can run?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Might be worth mentioning that OSRS uses CPU instead of GPU so you could get away with integrated graphics on OSRS. I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket CPU cooler unless you're getting an overclockable CPU. Also if you were to get a H81/B85 motherboard, a bios update may be required to run a Haswell CPU. Nice build though .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GetHyper View Post
    It will be helpful for some people, I just couldn't imagine spending this money just to bot.
    with that pc you can make it back in 1-2 months EASY if you sell the gold.. you can probably run 8 bots easily 24/7
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lipcot View Post
    with that pc you can make it back in 1-2 months EASY if you sell the gold.. you can probably run 8 bots easily 24/7
    Rs3 gold isn't as expensive as it was
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    Lets say one can sell it for 0.20/m easily in bulk no problems.

8 * 500k per hour = 4m per hour.

80 cents an hour for a month is 576.

So if you include laziness that's probably 400 a month at the least.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy259 View Post
    8 bots running 24/7 at 500k/hr selling to a bulk buyer at $0.23/m is $22/day, so you'd pay for the computer 32 days.

e: Camel beat me to it ^

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

thats assuming you're doing 500k p/h... there are far better methods that can do 1-1.5 m p/h with low-mid reqs. so yeah, its not that hard!
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris! View Post
    Might be worth mentioning that OSRS uses CPU instead of GPU so you could get away with integrated graphics on OSRS. I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket CPU cooler unless you're getting an overclockable CPU. Also if you were to get a H81/B85 motherboard, a bios update may be required to run a Haswell CPU. Nice build though .
    Valid points, I already discussed the aftermarket CPU cooler, and another reason why I added it just to raise awareness on the cryorig coolers. They are great imo.
    Good point on the bios updates, I remember some needing it to allow overclocks on the g3258. Will add later. Shouldn't be a problem anymore though.

The whole integrated/standalone gfx card is indeed a point of discussion. I can run around 6 bots (RS3, directx) on an intel HD4000 (from my 3570k). Might be able to handle more, haven't tried.

Another thing I plan on researching is being able to limit the FPS on all graphics output, similar to using vsync, at around 25-30 fps. If that reduces GPU needs one can opt for a 750i or integrated and max out the cpu and gpu at the sime time.

Main criteria for a good botting build imo is maxing out all components. Example: getting 16gb of ram on a lower end quad core isn't worth it if you'll only use 6-7 gb.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Valid points, I already discussed the aftermarket CPU cooler, and another reason why I added it just to raise awareness on the cryorig coolers. They are great imo.
    Good point on the bios updates, I remember some needing it to allow overclocks on the g3258. Will add later. Shouldn't be a problem anymore though.

The whole integrated/standalone gfx card is indeed a point of discussion. I can run around 6 bots (RS3, directx) on an intel HD4000 (from my 3570k). Might be able to handle more, haven't tried.

Another thing I plan on researching is being able to limit the FPS on all graphics output, similar to using vsync, at around 25-30 fps. If that reduces GPU needs one can opt for a 750i or integrated and max out the cpu and gpu at the sime time.

Main criteria for a good botting build imo is maxing out all components. Example: getting 16gb of ram on a lower end quad core isn't worth it if you'll only use 6-7 gb.
    If you have a tight budget then that is something to cut out, of course they're a good component though .
    I recently built a mate a machine using the G3258 and a B85 board, I believe. It required a bios update to support the integrated graphics, but it was a simple fix in the end.

Great point in regards to maximising the use of components too.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    They pair Z97 motherboards with non overclockable CPU's. That list is far from optimal, especially for botting builds.

The new intel 5675c and 5775c might be great for 07 botting if you don't want to use a discrete graphics card.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...well,4169.html

One will probably be able to max out CPU and integrated graphics for directx botting on RS3. I can't tell for sure though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Z97 is just a higher quality mobo. Thats why.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

simba and rs will take full availability of the hyper threading in a 4core/8thread i7
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Z97 is just a higher quality mobo. Thats why.
    They have higher quality components, that is true. But you don't need higher quality audiochips, voltage regulation circuits etc if you don't plan on gaming/overclocking. You don't need more then 2/3 sata ports either, or other useless ports. You only need a somewhat decent network chip for botting.

I think some people over-estimate all the gimicks they advert on their 'gaming/performance' motherboard lines. 'Pure premium grade 100% gold japanese capacitors' are just not needed for a botting build, I haven't seen them on any of the server boards anyway.

There is just no point paying double/triple on a motherboard for a botting build.

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    simba and rs will take full availability of the hyper threading in a 4core/8thread i7
    Do you have any proof to support that? Would be happy to include some Xeons that support HT if you do.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

They have higher quality components, that is true. But you don't need higher quality audiochips, voltage regulation circuits etc if you don't plan on gaming/overclocking. You don't need more then 2/3 sata ports either, or other useless ports. You only need a somewhat decent network chip for botting.

I think some people over-estimate all the gimicks they advert on their 'gaming/performance' motherboard lines. 'Pure premium grade 100% gold japanese capacitors' are just not needed for a botting build, I haven't seen them on any of the server boards anyway.

There is just no point paying double/triple on a motherboard for a botting build.

Do you have any proof to support that? Would be happy to include some Xeons that support HT if you do.
    What proof do I need? Other than it being extremely obvious since they're single threaded and rs is multi threaded...?

if you run 500 single threaded programs, they're going to make use of all the threads. Not thread 0 That's literally the design scheme behind EVERY multi processed program.. apache, chrome, etc
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    What proof do I need? Other than it being extremely obvious since they're single threaded and rs is multi threaded...?

if you run 500 single threaded programs, they're going to make use of all the threads. Not thread 0 That's literally the design scheme behind EVERY multi processed program.. apache, chrome, etc
    Or, you can build a pc that you can use for gaming and botting, so you win both ways
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

I would not build a tower for the sole purpose of botting. There are several NUC's that would be perfect.
    I also wouldn't use simba for a strictly botting system. It's an excellent learning tool, but there is so much you can change in the client that would not be detected and would save massive amounts of cpu/gpu cycles and memory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Personally I wouldn't spend all that money just to bot either, but that's just me

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

I would not build a tower for the sole purpose of botting. There are several NUC's that would be perfect.
    I also wouldn't use simba for a strictly botting system. It's an excellent learning tool, but there is so much you can change in the client that would not be detected and would save massive amounts of cpu/gpu cycles and memory.
    All the new nuc's are far more costly. Build an i5 nuc and it'll cost around the same as this build without graphics card. But you'll only get a dual core mobile cpu.

I agree with not using simba for some part.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

All the new nuc's are far more costly. Build an i5 nuc and it'll cost around the same as this build without graphics card. But you'll only get a dual core mobile cpu.

I agree with not using simba for some part.
    Since when did you need the newest NUC? Also there are plenty of builds cheaper than 700 lel. I don't need a graphics card to bot, as I wouldn't be using ogl or dx.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Since when did you need the newest NUC? Also there are plenty of builds cheaper than 700 lel. I don't need a graphics card to bot, as I wouldn't be using ogl or dx.
    I wouldnt buy an outdated NUC. Either way, for the same you pay on a NUC you could get a decent i5, itx motherboard, case and PSU. I would have gotten a NUC myself if it wasnt for that.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Pretty good build. However, if you were building this strictly for botting, I think you would get better value out of an AMD processor. (Assuming you don't pay for electricity lol)

Passmark rates the i5-4460 @ 6653 (higher is better), and pcpartspicker has it listed at $177, so 37.59 passmarks per dollar.
    The AMD FX 9590 (8 core) has a score of 10 302, listed @ $262 for a ratio of 39.32 passmarks per dollar.

But here's where it gets good:

AMD FX 8350 passmark: 8980 @ $165 for a ratio of 54.42
    AMD FX 8320 passmark: 8056 @ $135 for a ratio of 59.67

Clearly, you get way more value out of an AMD processor. (And probably more manageable for botting since you can set certain clients to specific threads/cores)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information