Thread: Mad Max Suggestions?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Default Mad Max Suggestions?

Didn't know anything about the Mad Max franchise before going to see Fury Road, but I loved it to death. Now, I'm bored af, so I wanted to watch some of the Mel Gibson ones, but I know nothing about any of them.

Like, is the first movie even in the post-apocalyptic setting? I can't even tell from the IMDB page, it just says "future" and the screenshots are just Australia which looks like a wasteland anyways. I think I'll definitely watch the second one which, as far as I can tell, is the most liked, but I also don't know how well it'll hold up.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I really enjoyed the 1st movie of Mad max, although from time to time it seems like complete non-sense. The 2nd part was not that great in my oppinion, although I know people who really liked it. All in all, I would suggest watching both parts just because it is Mad max!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I guess I'll watch the first two and see how I like them before maybe watching the third then haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

The most recent movie went like this. From point A drive to point B. Then drive back to point A. Oh, include some people getting killed tho
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

The first Mad Max movie is classic. The later movies are much shittier, as is the norm in hollywood (the first part of the last movie must be really fun to watch on cocaine though).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

I just watched fury road yesterday and thought it was pretty good aswell, I heard the mel gibson movies were really good as well.

Thread Information