Poll: How does OpenGL work for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does opengl work for you?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

OGL is noticeably more lag than DX for me. And I have a NVidia GTX 970M too (running Windows though, which means DX is probably gonna be better regardless)

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

If we can generalize the results of this pole to the wider user base, then OpenGL either doesn't work properly or doesn't work at all for >70% of people. This may come as a surprise to some of you, but we figured this out way back 2k13. I will reiterate what I've always said: I think people should invest their time into something that works for everybody, because that will lead to more users, more feedback, more community contribution, and less segregation.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

People should invest their time into what they enjoy. Despite the 70%, OpenGL makes up a good bit of the new forum content and activity.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

OGL runs beaufitully here. Mind you, I am running it on a late 2014 MacBook Pro with the updated graphics card ($3400 system). GeForce card here as well, which people seem to think will run it better.

I have never encountered any lagg at any point during the day, and can run multiple at once. To be honest I think it is the biggest leap forward we have seen in RS cheating since Nexus first made use of reflection. Pretty sure everyone else is just bum-hurt that it doesn't work for them, considering it is not only massively powerful but also undetectable.

E:

I will say I prefer DirectX overall, due to the stability and performance. There was a short time period where OpenGL trumped DX, but that is now in the past. Also looking forward to DirectX hooking.

E2:

Note that I was talking about the graphics processing libraries themselves, NOT the plugins or libraries here. The OGL plugin is sweet.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@the bank; wouldn’t you be bummed if it didn’t work on a $3400 system?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    @the bank; wouldn’t you be bummed if it didn’t work on a $3400 system?
    Not really. Its a tool, not a method.

Does OGL replace color? No. Does OGL replace SRL? No.

It is a tool you can use. If my system didn't support it, or if I didn't know how to use it, I would simply stick with my other tools. In this case that would be SRL.

Does that mean that it shouldn't exist? Hell no. If you have the capabilities to use it, then use it!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Not really. Its a tool, not a method.

Does OGL replace color? No. Does OGL replace SRL? No.

It is a tool you can use. If my system didn't support it, or if I didn't know how to use it, I would simply stick with my other tools. In this case that would be SRL.

Does that mean that it shouldn't exist? Hell no. If you have the capabilities to use it, then use it!
    Didn't get that I was hinting at the fact that you wasted 3400$ if you bought it with your own money. Don't take it seriously...just a joke.

In this case, tools and method are essentially the same thing. The OGL Hook plugin was created to work side by side or separately from color. I should know; i helped @Brandon; write the OpenGL Hook.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Didn't get that I was hinting at the fact that you wasted 3400$ if you bought it with your own money. Don't take it seriously...just a joke.

In this case, tools and method are essentially the same thing. The OGL Hook plugin was created to work side by side or separately from color. I should know; i helped @Brandon; write the OpenGL Hook.
    Ahhh I get what you're saying now. Couldn't agree more, its overpriced, but its the most powerful system I've ever used. It literally takes everything I throw at it and just zips off with a smile like its nothing lol.

More importantly, it was a prerequisite for my post secondary studies, so it wasn't really a waste since it was necessary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Works well for me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

when you say OpenGL is undetected, how is that possible if its reading game-data? ( i'm assuming it does for such accuracy)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

It intercepts data to/from your video card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    It intercepts data to/from your video card.
    ah... so this is more geared towards single main botting - type stuff or mass if you have an expensive graphics card

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

You can run multiple on basic cards - just some (mostly AMD) don't run it well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

Does not work with amd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I just realised that I can run more than one SMART client on my main PC that has a kickass graphics card haha. Time to buy some more ram!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information