Poll: How does OpenGL work for you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does opengl work for you?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Default Does opengl work for you?

I can't use OpenGL at all with Runescape nowadays. If I put it into opengl it crashes.

I hear of others who work for a while but suffer lag.

Let's see how many people are in this boat.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

It runs well for me on an Intel cpu with a gtx 970. I can run up to 8 clients but that is limited by my CPU (smart takes about 10% each). My friend can run about 10 on his monster computer.
    On my older laptop though it starts to lag after an hour and is almost unplayable. It just seems hardware related as far as I can tell.
    HOWEVER, I can't wait for direct x hooking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

works, lags badly after 45m

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

$500 machine - runs 4 bots with minimal lag (nothing that causes issues). Have personally ran 2 different bots at the same time for 18 hours each.
    Will post specs if anyones interested.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Works great for me.

e: can I change my vote to "Bastard"?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

I've got a pretty good computer
    AMD 8350
    GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    It's always funny get 60 FPS on games like the witcher 3 and having runescape be laggy (thanks java)

Oddly enough, was playing legit on Direct x and for whatever reason would crash my game after 10 minutes of playing,
    switched to openGl and fixed it.
    After updating to windows 10 I can play on both just fine, have no idea whats going on with runescapes client anymore.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I voted for "Bastard" because I only use color.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adieux View Post
    I've got a pretty good computer
    AMD 8350
    GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    It's always funny get 60 FPS on games like the witcher 3 and having runescape be laggy (thanks java)

Oddly enough, was playing legit on Direct x and for whatever reason would crash my game after 10 minutes of playing,
    switched to openGl and fixed it.
    After updating to windows 10 I can play on both just fine, have no idea whats going on with runescapes client anymore.
    I have pretty much the exact same build, only with a GTX 760 (which outperforms a GTX 970 in my use cases, so glad I spent $450 on the GTX 970 that one time) instead and I start lagging with OpenGL after something like an hour.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adc View Post
    I have pretty much the exact same build, only with a GTX 760 (which outperforms a GTX 970 in my use cases, so glad I spent $450 on the GTX 970 that one time) instead and I start lagging with OpenGL after something like an hour.
    What are your use cases because a 970 beats a 760 in almost every technical aspect?
    Honestly, Runescape is just terribly optimized plus its shitty engine is capped at 50 FPS. So glad, they're moving to C++

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

What are your use cases because a 970 beats a 760 in almost every technical aspect?
    Honestly, Runescape is just terribly optimized plus its shitty engine is capped at 50 FPS. So glad, they're moving to C++
    DotA 2, CSGO and League on a 1080p screen (with only CSGO being played at 1080p). The 970 refuses to go above 35% usage. It obviously has more horsepower, but it never uses it so it's irrelevant.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

DotA 2, CSGO and League on a 1080p screen (with only CSGO being played at 1080p). The 970 refuses to go above 35% usage. It obviously has more horsepower, but it never uses it so it's irrelevant.
    I mean you've only mentioned games which aren't graphically intensive. Try playing something like the Witcher 3 with Nividia hair fx and you'll watch the GPU usage go up.
    It only uses as much power as it needs, don't see why you would want it to use more power and waste more energy when it can get the same performance at a lower usage.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

I mean you've only mentioned games which aren't graphically intensive. Try playing something like the Witcher 3 with Nividia hair fx and you'll watch the GPU usage go up.
    It only uses as much power as it needs, don't see why you would want it to use more power and waste more energy when it can get the same performance at a lower usage.
    That's the issue. I get 100+ FPS in DotA 2 with my 760, and I barely break 50-60 consistently with a 970. If it gave me adequate performance (120+ FPS consistently) I'd be less concerned about it capping usage (though if I want my card to consistently run at 100% I think I should be able to force it to), but it doesn't.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

That's the issue. I get 100+ FPS in DotA 2 with my 760, and I barely break 50-60 consistently with a 970. If it gave me adequate performance (120+ FPS consistently) I'd be less concerned about it capping usage (though if I want my card to consistently run at 100% I think I should be able to force it to), but it doesn't.
    You can, just change your computers power usage to performance, and change the GPU settings (inside NVIDIA control panel) to prefer max performance.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

You can, just change your computers power usage to performance, and change the GPU settings (inside NVIDIA control panel) to prefer max performance.
    Trust me, I tried that. I spent at least 6 hours fiddling with it before I returned the card because I just couldn't get anything to work.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I actually don't know how OGL runs for me, but I can only assume well because I have a great PC.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

It runs fine for me on an average pc with a GTX570 and 2550k i5.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    $500 machine - runs 4 bots with minimal lag (nothing that causes issues). Have personally ran 2 different bots at the same time for 18 hours each.
    Will post specs if anyones interested.
    Yo, I'm interested. Thinking of making a budget build PC once I move to uni.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I used to think my 10 fps on minecraft was really good and it was like christmas when I broke 15. Now I see people talking about 120fps being good...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Works borderline fine (steady 50 fps) however once multiple clients are being ran it's as if it prioritises the ones which are open first as they maintain a steady 50fps and the new ones will sit at around 10fps or so. Decent PC, running an i5-2320 and a AMD Radeon Sapphire 7790

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

in my previous pc i couldn't even run OpenGL, with my new one, i can but have some issues with it, like lag and random colours appearing on screen and big screw ups...
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It always works for me and I dont get any fps drop

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

For those who have lag issues, be sure to post your specs.

Personally OGL runs just fine for me on a 650 Ti and AMD FX 8350. It will go down to 10 fps sometimes when I re-logg, but that can usually be fixed by just re-starting SMART.

Those having lag issues, try updating your GPU drivers, I wonder if the issue is driver-related.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    For those who have lag issues, be sure to post your specs.

Personally OGL runs just fine for me on a 650 Ti and AMD FX 8350. It will go down to 10 fps sometimes when I re-logg, but that can usually be fixed by just re-starting SMART.

Those having lag issues, try updating your GPU drivers, I wonder if the issue is driver-related.
    It could be driver related, but I doubt ATI/AMD has solving lag on a botting client on its to-do list.
    Either way I lag on a MSI 7950 TF3 (AMD...)

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Laptop: 0.5 FPS fairly quickly on OGL, fine on DirectX. ATI X1400.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Works great for me, I run about 10-15 hours without lag. Nvidia GeForce seems to be good for it
    Tsunami

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information