Thread: Need Help! Lost GrandExchange Functionalitys :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Default Need Help! Lost GrandExchange Functionalitys :(

For the includes from SRL, under grandExchange I don't have all the functions I used to. When I check the grandExchange simba file I see them all still there, like _isSlotActive or _isSlotComplete. All of the functions that have _ at the beginning are gone. It started when simba started telling me that .isSlotEmpty() was not a proper declaration. Next thing I know all the functions are missing. I have no clue why i suddenly lost those functions, restarted both simba and my computer didn't help at all.

If anyone knows whats going on please let me know, thank you!

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrin View Post
    For the includes from SRL, under grandExchange I don't have all the functions I used to. When I check the grandExchange simba file I see them all still there, like _isSlotActive or _isSlotComplete. All of the functions that have _ at the beginning are gone. It started when simba started telling me that .isSlotEmpty() was not a proper declaration. Next thing I know all the functions are missing. I have no clue why i suddenly lost those functions, restarted both simba and my computer didn't help at all.

If anyone knows whats going on please let me know, thank you!
    You can find the grand exchange docs here:

http://docs.villavu.com/srl-6/grandexchange.html

The other functions (the ones with __.xx) are internal methods which you shouldn't need to use. Those internal functions are not displayed on the docs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

No they aren't displayed on the doc, but I did have them for a little while. I'm trying to write a flipping bot, and some of them are pretty helpful, like ._isSlotEmpty or ._isSlotBuying or selling. If I need to though I will just write myself, although I would prefer not to :/

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

No they aren't displayed on the doc, but I did have them for a little while. I'm trying to write a flipping bot, and some of them are pretty helpful, like ._isSlotEmpty or ._isSlotBuying or selling. If I need to though I will just write myself, although I would prefer not to :/
    The Grand Exchange interface updated recently, which forced the include maintainers to also update grandexchange.simba in order to maintain interactivity with the Grand Exchange.

A lot of them were rewritten and pushed to the repository. As a result, the way you are meant to use that particular include might have changed slightly.

You say some routines have disappeared. But to me, it looks like routines like TRSGrandExchange._isSlotEmpty() and TRSGrandExchange._isSlotBuying() still exist!

Ensure you have the latest version of SRL.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

How would I go about uninstalling and reinstalling it? Can't find any way to just uninstall the srl and update it again. I would really like to get those functions back

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

How would I go about uninstalling and reinstalling it? Can't find any way to just uninstall the srl and update it again. I would really like to get those functions back
    Go into Simba and then the tab called 'SRL', from there select 'Check for update'.
    e: This is just for updating not uninstalling. If you wish to uninstall all you need to do is go into your Simba directory and run unins000.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Awesome thank you! I'd tried updating it with the update check but it didn't help. I hope uninstalling it will do the trick.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Awesome thank you! I'd tried updating it with the update check but it didn't help. I hope uninstalling it will do the trick.
    No need to uninstall anything. The methods you are looking for simply changed from _xxx to __xxx. Why do you need to check for __isSlotActive() and __isSlotComplete? All of the buying/selling/collecting/aborting methods do that for you under the hood. If you need help post your code here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    No need to uninstall anything. The methods you are looking for simply changed from _xxx to __xxx. Why do you need to check for __isSlotActive() and __isSlotComplete? All of the buying/selling/collecting/aborting methods do that for you under the hood. If you need help post your code here
    I tried using the .__xxx version and it still doesn't like it :/ Well upon opening up the GE the flipping bot needs to determine which slots are available for use, if any of the items currently in the slots have either been sold or bought and either to collect those that have been sold or abort the ones that are buying and do something with them or ignore them either way. So for each slot, i'd like to run a .__isSlotEmpty check. If it isn't empty determine if the slot is selling or buying and if the offer has been completed, if the offer was selling and completed, Collect the slot. Otherwise leave it and do nothing, same if the slot is buying and complete. If it is buying and incomplete, either ignore or abort slot based on setting or something. While .getPercentDone is helpful, it doesn't tell me weather the item is selling or buying. I could just say "abortAllSlots" upon entering the GE, but I thought it might be a nice touch lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

This is also a problem, I should have all the functions for TRStabBackPack, instead I only have tabIndex for it, which is just a integer!
    Last edited by Vacrin; 08-08-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

This is also a problem, I should have all the functions for TRStabBackPack, instead I only have tabIndex for it, which is just a integer!
    With Lape a lot of time functions don't show up properly. Someone (maybe Olly?) wrote a version of Simba which rectifies this.

It is due to how records were not an expected function of Simba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    With Lape a lot of time functions don't show up properly. Someone (maybe Olly?) wrote a version of Simba which rectifies this.

It is due to how records were not an expected function of Simba.
    Hmmmm, but they should still be useable? They just don't show up for some reason? just a minor glitch or such?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Hmmmm, but they should still be useable? They just don't show up for some reason? just a minor glitch or such?
    Just a cosmetic glitch. They are still very much there and usable.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Because you should be using tabBackpack.xxxx, not the name of the record.

This version of simba has better code hints, but it doesn't have pascal script (and therefore no extensions). If you don't know what you're doing then it is best to stick with the one you're using.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112290

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Just a cosmetic glitch. They are still very much there and usable.
    Thats probably what this whole thing is I think Just checked and I believe that to be the case. Simba no longer throws a fit when I try to call .__isSlotEmpty. Or any other one that doesn't show up on the list, as long as I get the name right that is lol. When the function did show up it was listed as ._isSlotEmpty. Adding the extra _ helped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Because you should be using tabBackpack.xxxx, not the name of the record.

This version of simba has better code hints, but it doesn't have pascal script (and therefore no extensions). If you don't know what you're doing then it is best to stick with the one you're using.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112290
    Hmmmm... I like my extensions, I think i'll just deal with the cosmetic glitch Thank you everyone for the help!
    Last edited by Vacrin; 08-08-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Thread Information