Thread: Is there a way to make Simba to work in the background with other proccesses?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Question Is there a way to make Simba to work in the background with other proccesses?

I have managed to make Simba work pretty well with other games - however, I can't make it work in the background, like SMART does with Runescape.

Is there a way, simple or less so, to make Simba work directly with a certain window in the background, with its own virtual mouse and whatnot?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

This may or may not be what your looking for, but it's for webpages only: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45534 AFAIK it has some limitations and I'm not sure if it even works anymore

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Just use a virtual machine to run the game and simba. (:
    e: Guide on how to
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Appa (rj's suggestion) is your only possibility, unless the game is Java-based. In the latter case, you may be able to load it inside SMART.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Appa (rj's suggestion) is your only possibility, unless the game is Java-based. In the latter case, you may be able to load it inside SMART.
    May I ask why using a VM wouldn't work? @KeepBotting;
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    May I ask why using a VM wouldn't work? @KeepBotting;
    A VM will work fine, but it's not really "in the background" -- it's in the foreground of an entirely separate operating system that you just happen to not be using at the moment.

A VM running a program will also sap more system resources than the host machine would, running the same program.
    You're forcing the host to shoulder the load of an entirely separate OS in addition to the program you want to run.

To top it all off, virtual machines generally cannot take full (or any) advantage of the host machine's hardware acceleration capabilities. If they can, it's experimental (example: VirtualBox + Direct3D).
    Meaning that if OP wishes to run a graphically-intensive game, he's going to experience performance drops.

The last point is somewhat invalid seeing as Appa will not be able to support any graphically-intensive web applications either (including HTML5 or recent versions of Flash -- it's quite old), but there you have it.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 08-08-2015 at 02:44 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

SendMessage or PostMessage would do the trick. Maybe even using SendInput.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

would sandbox mode work with simba?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walking hell View Post
    would sandbox mode work with simba?
    I Googled "sandbox mode" and happened across this article which I feel perfectly personifies everything wrong with modern MOBAs and a lot of the people that play them competitively.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

I Googled "sandbox mode" and happened across this article which I feel perfectly personifies everything wrong with modern MOBAs and a lot of the people that play them competitively.
    If you're not aware, ESEX is entirely satire.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

I believe he might be referring to Sandboxie... maybe. (:
    Scripting with ogLib

Thread Information