Thread: Is this a good gamin Laptop?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

Default Is this a good gamin Laptop?

I have a friend who asked me if this is a good gaming laptop. Mostly for WOW and games of that nature. He also would like to mess around with some video editing software. He likes the price but is willing to go a little higher. I am so behind when it comes to specs now but if you know of any better deals please feel free to post them! Thank you in advance.

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/syd/5152154198.html
    Finished B.S. Program in Radiology!!

Projects: A big one! Total secret! hehe

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

I would say its fine for wow since its not really intensive, if hes looking for ONLY a laptop then sure get it.
    But if you want something to play games and stuff consistently you could build a pretty good desktop for that price and have a bigger screen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

For the price it's ok however if you honestly want to game on this I'd say no. Also as @adieux said you could build a relatively decent desktop for that price if you look for the right welfare build.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I'm in the same camp as the two users above me -- you'll get the most for your money, and have the best experience, if you get a gaming desktop versus a gaming laptop.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

I tired to tell him that but he insist on a laptop as he is a college student who is on the go and just wants to play whenever he has time and internet somewhere. I want to thank you guys for you comments! He will be sad when I end up building a desktop that smokes his laptop haha. Thanks again guys.
    Finished B.S. Program in Radiology!!

Projects: A big one! Total secret! hehe

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I understand wanting to get a laptop. My first gaming computer was an i7 quad core laptop as well. That will definitely run WOW with decent graphics no problem. Just make sure he doesn't lock into the first laptop he sees and evaluates all of his options!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

The 540M is a pretty crap graphics card, compared to any modern card, but it's possible it'll handle WoW. I'd definitely keep looking around and, if possible, save up some more money so you can get a better laptop that'll last longer performance-wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

not that great IMO

Thread Information