Thread: Archiving old threads

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Default Archiving old threads

Hi,

I'd really appreciate it if we could archive threads that were made before 2015 into a subsection of the SRL forums.

it'd make replying to threads much easier since i won't have to check the last date posted before posting >_>

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Err, what about all the threads which haven't been posted on in the past year and have a lot of relevant information?
    Stop been lazy and check the dates!
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Or you can check the date before you post?

Shoving old threads into a separate section implies that they shouldn't exist, or are no longer useful, or should be shunted to the side for whatever reason.

Many of the threads on the forums remain useful, no matter the date that they were posted. The way this community has done things hasn't changed a tremendous amount over the years. It's entirely possible to look at a three-year-old tutorial for DTMs and still emerge with a good knowledge of how they work.

The only time (to my knowledge) that old threads are forcibly moved into a separate section is in the case of outdated / broken scripts.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

made a typo, meant before 2015

another worry I have is even if the topic is relevant wouldn't it be considered grave-digging if you reply to a thread made in the far past? say in 2013

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    another worry I have is even if the topic is relevant wouldn't it be considered grave-digging if you reply to a thread made in the far past? say in 2013
    Generally it'd be better to post a separate thread, purely because the original one is X amount of years old.

But I don't think anybody would ding you for gravedigging if you posted a legitimate question.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

hopefully not :P that was my main concern

Thread Information