Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has the community changed its view on "Gold Farming" ?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Why does the view of the 'community' on this even matter?

If you make your own private goldfarming scripts, no one can stop you (or even know about it for that matter).

If you want to release a goldfarming script to the public, no one will bother to stop you either.

If you want to request a public goldfarming script, that would be pointless since mass usage will likely make the method unsustainable.

If you ask for coding-relating help with making your own goldfarming script, you will still receive help (you are supposed to ask only specific fragments of your script anyway, which is likely to be indistinguishable)
    Last edited by riwu; 12-05-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

I'm working around 80-85hr per week as a medicine intern currently, for no income at all. That's why I farm a little cash on the side. I'm not making more then 2k/month with my farm though, so I'm still getting underpayed imo. But I don't think I'm ruining the RS economy or gameplay at all. I bot various methods and only handfull of accounts per method.
    I wrote my own scripts and I've shared some parts back to the community. (SRL6 updates, basic scripts).

I'm sure nobody on here will have a big problem with that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

As someone who is on the fence about goldfarming, I can understand the outcry against it. Nevertheless, couldn't one say it is akin to, for example, matched betting? It's looked down upon per se (especially by a community like SRL, where the emphasised value is learning) but then again it's a bit of a moral grey-area, eh?

I am currently intermitting this year from uni due to a number of reasons and I do part-time barwork. In all honesty, I'd much rather spend my time improving my coding knowledge and perhaps sending back commits to git with that knowledge, making a few bob on the side. Simply put I don't have problems with ingenuity when people give back!
    (as an introvert I really, really hate managing a bar and dealing with people, I'm a semi-functional alcoholic when working, save me)
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Oldie here, would never support gold farming in any way shape or form. If I had been here only for making money, I wouldn't be in the career I am today.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information