Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a game to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Default Need a game to play.

Anyone know any casual games I can play while playing on RS?? What are your recommendations?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

You want to play a game while playing RS? Two games at once, impressive.

Dust: An Elysian Tail has my vote. Grab it on GOG.com for a few dollars, you won't be disappointed if you enjoy sidescrollers or platformers.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

The sarcasm is real. Haha

Yeah I'll give this a game a shot. Looks awesome.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I don't think kb was being sarcastic.

anyhoo, I downloaded overlord 2 yesterday because I loved the idea of bots (the minions) doing your bidding (something I've always looked for in games), and it was enjoyable for the little bit of time that I was able to play.
    lil over 2 bucks on g2a ( https://www.g2a.com/overlord-2-steam-cd-key-global.html ) or can be torrented (I'd recommend buying) so there's not much to lose, give it a try out and if you like it, the sequel (overlord 3) is coming out in 2 weeks. hyyype http://store.steampowered.com/app/306670

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Try Binding of Issac : Rebirth, I love/hate the game at the same time.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecer View Post
    The sarcasm is real. Haha

Yeah I'll give this a game a shot. Looks awesome.
    No sarcasm here. You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecer View Post
    Anyone know any casual games I can play while playing on RS
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

I've tried Dust and I'm liking it so far! Good recommendation KB.

I will try Overlord 2 and Isaac too, seems interesting.

And I meant the sarcastic response was towards the impressive comment. Haha

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    Try Binding of Issac : Rebirth, I love/hate the game at the same time.
    This is what I play while "playing" runescape. Great game, extremely difficult and frustrating but I get a real sense of accomplishment after going on a -50 win streak and I finally beat it

Path of exile is a great game as well, its free so thats always good lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

A friend of mine told me GTA 5 is on desktops now too (don't know if true or not), but I'd assume nothing is better than that GTA V, I think you would be better off not playing video games at all.
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Just find some random flash browser game. Theres literally 1000's of them out there for free.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I really enjoyed this game when I was in high school. 2D - multiplayer space shooter http://store.steampowered.com/app/352700/

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mohsen View Post
    Just find some random flash browser game. Theres literally 1000's of them out there for free.
    filthy casual

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Eve Online is a personal favourite and fits in well with Runescape. It doesn't require grinding to gain levels in game (only to earn cash, but your here so you probably don't mind cheating ).

The game is a space sim style of game where you control 1 character and fly around in space ships inside a stupidly large Sand-boxed Galaxy.

You can mine, trade, mission (PVE), Pk (PVP), pirate (PVP), or even join a large corporation/alliance/coalition and fight for control over entire systems in deep space.

It is a huge game and being timed skill training as opposed to grinding makes it an effective side game

Hit me up on PM if you want to hear more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I usually play gta 5 on pc while im botting but beware tho: sometimes runescape will just close. I don't know why but sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Games I've been playing recently whilst babysitting a script/bot are:

- Don't Starve
    - Rocket League
    - Civilization V
    - Fallout 3
    - Cities Skylines
    - Ori & the Blind Forest
    - Dungeon Defenders

I've found it useful to play online games that have short matches like RL, or games I can just play singleplayer and pause in case something messes up with the script. Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I've gotten into Starbound as of late, very awesome. I also second that of Dungeon Defenders... very addicting... very fun.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkTree View Post
    Games I've been playing recently whilst babysitting a script/bot are:

- Fallout 3

I've found it useful to play online games that have short matches like RL, or games I can just play singleplayer and pause in case something messes up with the script. Hope this helps!
    Right on, a fellow Fallout player. I'm also a fan of the series, the concept of post-nuclear apocalypse world exploration and survival is really interesting. I'd also recommend these games.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Indeed it is! Please tell me you're excited about Fallout 4?! It's only 4 or 5 days away right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkTree View Post
    Indeed it is! Please tell me you're excited about Fallout 4?! It's only 4 or 5 days away right?
    Yup the 10th. I am excited for it. I also got BLOPS3 today though last time I picked up cod was Ghosts. Played AW at the beginning but couldn't stay engaged.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Would recommend the new Black Ops or Star Wars Battlefront

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

AW Planet. Has a very small community of players. At peak times 1 of the 2 servers will have 70+ people on. The skills are amazing and fun to level. Has more skills than runescape and they go to level 120. The PK system in this game is amazing and similar to runescape classic (what I consider the hay day of PKing). I am trying to bring this game back up to a decent player base and will be hosting my own forum for the game soon I hope complete with guides maps and even monthly raffles.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

Idle Online Universe is literally an afk and kill stuff game akin to clicker heros and the like.

Game of Thrones Ascent is pretty nice as well. It's much nicer with the greasemonkey scripts that some guy made that allows you to skip most of the boring stuff (GotaExtender). Definitely something to play casually while playing something else like LoL or RS (or coding even). I'm a GoT fan so maybe I'm a bit biased in favor of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Assuming that you're script babysitting, I recommend:

Fallout 3 / New Vegas / 4 - as stated above; IMO New Vegas' gameplay is slightly better but Fallout 3 is a better overall game. I have yet to play Fallout 4 so I cannot say if it stands up to the hype.

Nuclear Throne - Look this baby up on steam. Pew pew pew pew! A great little flash-like action shooter with a bunch of adorable little radioactive characters. It's a lot of fun, and every time you die (which will be... somewhat frequent ) is a good time to check in.

Metro: Last Light - You might need a pretty powerful PC to play RS while running this one, but if you can, I recommend this game. Between the little chapters is a great time to duck away, and while you're making money / training, you can be exploring the Russian wasteland with Khan and Pavel.

Portal / Portal 2 - I've never played Portal 2 (I know it's a sin!) but Portal is a lot of fun, and is nicely divided into test chambers in between which it is possible to alt tab and keep an eye on RS.

I know that all of these aren't really games to "casually" play while playing RS, as I have assumed that you are babysitting a script instead of actually playing the game. If this is false I apologize, but if not I hope you check these titles out!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)

I've been playing Fallout 4 like no other this past week. I am very impressed with it so far, but you have to be partial to Bethesda-isms (as I am) to not be off-put in some ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lama View Post
    I've been playing Fallout 4 like no other this past week. I am very impressed with it so far, but you have to be partial to Bethesda-isms (as I am) to not be off-put in some ways.
    Would you say it is worth a purchase? Bethesda-isms don't tend to bother me too much; I just like to play a good game. Would you say it is more like New Vegas or 3? Or is it another animal entirely? Well to be honest I haven't had much time for gaming at all lately but hey, might as well add it to the collection for future procrastination, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information