Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOW TO: Bot DarkScape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hey man, im new to the community and a complete noob on scripting. I tried following HOW TO: BOT Darkscape guide but i couldnt get it to work in SMART for Simba.

Im unsure of where to place the code you pasted in the guide, could you please send a message or guide of which file i need to modify and run to start up Darkscape using SMART in simba. Greatly appreciated!

From Zidos

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zidos View Post
    Hey man, im new to the community and a complete noob on scripting. I tried following HOW TO: BOT Darkscape guide but i couldnt get it to work in SMART for Simba.

Im unsure of where to place the code you pasted in the guide, could you please send a message or guide of which file i need to modify and run to start up Darkscape using SMART in simba. Greatly appreciated!

From Zidos
    Scripts utilize other simba files called includes in order to function correctly. They are located in Simba\Includes\. Unless you have your own custom SRL-6 (color) include for DarkScape, you should be using ogLib.

Here's a quick guide to setting up ogLib and OGL: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114134

After that, simply add {$DEFINE DARKSCAPE} to the top of any script, like so:

Simba Code:
    program myScriptTitle;

{$DEFINE DARKSCAPE}
    {$i ogLib/lib/core/core.simba}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Clarity for the help! I've got the darkscape client working. Unfortunately any script i use from the RS3 Public script form does'nt work. I've tried to add the code stated above in obLib scripts and add SLR-6 overide code but nothing works!

Could you please give me an example script either obLib or SLR-6 that can work with Darkscape?

Thanks again!

Zidos

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Well that sure didn't last long
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Well that sure didn't last long
    Surprised it was this short, to be honest. The combat update looked promising. I would think they would leave at least one server running. They claim however that it is too time consuming to maintain.

Hey everyone, I feel we need to clarify where we stand for you all. DarkScape cannot keep itself running. Even without development, maintaining a server still needs some attention and maintaining an environment for DarkScape requires far more than just 1 server. RS Classic requires nowhere near this level of investment and is a much simpler version of the game. DarkScape is also using RS3s engine so would require constant maintenance. The game numbers have been in continual decline for months and the option was either a slow petering out while we wait for the numbers to completely drop or we chose the ending moment ourselves and make something of it.
    As for the performance of DarkScape itself we wanted to try two key things, significant updates and targeted marketing. The updates like the removal of smuggling and the new combat system saw no change in the number of players on the server. We then ran targeted marketing campaigns to bring new players into the game. Unfortunately these new players did not stay for long and once again we saw no changes in the numbers of players.
    The decision to close was incredibly difficult, this community and your willingness to engage and discuss issues with us was the main reason for that. For what it’s worth I want to thank you all for the time in this game and I hope you will join us over the next month as we push things to see what happens

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    RIP, it was great to play it with you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information