Thread: Woke up to script not working - due to SRL update?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Default Woke up to script not working - due to SRL update?

So it wasn't working, and sure enough first thing I see is some SRL files I modified were changed back to default (really minor stuff). Is there any way I can prevent any and all updates? Looks like right now I'll have to use the drop down menu for all the things... There any "setting" somewhere I can change to just stop all updates completely?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

In Simba, go to:

SRL->Automatically...->Update
    SRL->Automatically...->Check For Updates

Make sure they are both unchecked.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Yes, thank you I did find that, but I'm just wondering if there's another way. Just trying to learn the ins & outs of programming, and to get away from the "user interface", if that makes sense. SO I guess my real question is, can I modify some code somewhere to disable rather than using that?

Thanks regardless!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    Yes, thank you I did find that, but I'm just wondering if there's another way. Just trying to learn the ins & outs of programming, and to get away from the "user interface", if that makes sense. SO I guess my real question is, can I modify some code somewhere to disable rather than using that?

Thanks regardless!
    Not that I know of. Mainly because Simba is a program already compiled. If you were to find the source for it and then edit it and compile it on your own (which i think you might be able to do) then that would be your best bet. There is no raw code that you have access to where you can disable it from automatically updating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Okay, right. Changing things by compiling is something I wont't tackle yet..

But anyways, as usual, I find the answer after making a post.

There's a settings.xml file that you can change to disable everything. At least people can search & find this answer later, although I need to choose my title names better now that I think of it

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

So it wasn't working, and sure enough first thing I see is some SRL files I modified were changed back to default (really minor stuff). Is there any way I can prevent any and all updates? Looks like right now I'll have to use the drop down menu for all the things... There any "setting" somewhere I can change to just stop all updates completely?
    What files did you change? Because you can also override the functions in your script.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPickle View Post
    What files did you change? Because you can also override the functions in your script.
    What do you mean?

All I changed was the srl.simba to add my own include, and changed a couple other things to add support for non-slim bars.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

What do you mean?

All I changed was the srl.simba to add my own include, and changed a couple other things to add support for non-slim bars.
    Sorry, I thought you changed something like the bankscreen.simba

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperyPickle View Post
    Sorry, I thought you changed something like the bankscreen.simba
    I think I'm going to use a place like github to start uploading my changes, in case something bad happens I have a backup. Do you happen to know if I'm allowed to upload this stuff onto there?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I think I'm going to use a place like github to start uploading my changes, in case something bad happens I have a backup. Do you happen to know if I'm allowed to upload this stuff onto there?
    I don't know exactly which license SRL-6 is released under @wizzup; might) but I do know that it's one of the free-software licenses that allows (and encourages) copying the software, no one will take issue with you forking into your own repository as long as you keep the original credits
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Thread Information