Thread: Vpn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Vpn

Hey guys I wanna start botting on a larger scale now, And i hear alot of people talking about using a vpn could someone explain me why they use it? and where I can get a good low cost vpn if needed. Does it also lower your chance at being banned or hwo many bots are banned.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

one of the main reasons to use it is so that your bots have a ip address different from your home ip
    assuming that you're using a popular provider (e.g cyberghost/hidemyass/etc), then I'd say the chances of the offending account being banned would be higher whilst on a vpn (since others have most likely botted on it before / could be doing so at the same time)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

VPNs are worthless, don't waste your time or money
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    VPNs are worthless, don't waste your time or money
    You think so? I've had decent success with not getting my home ip flagged - and if one does get a vpn ip flagged you can always change server right?

But yeah, there might be a higher chance of ban on a specific vpn ip if it's shared. If you've got a dedicated ip, it should be no problem!
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    You think so? I've had decent success with not getting my home ip flagged - and if one does get a vpn ip flagged you can always change server right?

But yeah, there might be a higher chance of ban on a specific vpn ip if it's shared. If you've got a dedicated ip, it should be no problem!
    It is my belief that Jagex does not ban accounts on basis of IP address
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I know there was a JMod statement somewhere, I think /r/2007scape, that said they do collect IP addresses and use them but I can't remember if they said how they used them. Maybe it's only for account ownership reasons.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I know there was a JMod statement somewhere, I think /r/2007scape, that said they do collect IP addresses and use them but I can't remember if they said how they used them. Maybe it's only for account ownership reasons.
    they definitely do check for proxies when determining account ownership
    http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...s#VPNs/Proxies

If they detect that you're using a VPN/proxy whilst recovering an account, it's going to be denied no matter how good your acc info if (I have first hand experience with this, same info that got accepted from my home ip was denied whilst using a vpn, the account got locked due to me using a vpn =p)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

It is my belief that Jagex does not ban accounts on basis of IP address
    Well, a dirty IP address will determine the severity of your ban though.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Well, a dirty IP address will determine the severity of your ban though.
    I believe that is a misconception as well.

I believe that there is no distinction made (by Jagex) between "dirty" or "clean" IP addresses, at all.

Fundamentally, a user's IP address is an incredibly unreliable factor upon which to base any action, much less a punitive one. They can be changed in two seconds flat and do not provide an avenue by which to (reliably) identify an individual.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 10-12-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I believe that is a misconception as well.

I believe that there is no distinction made (by Jagex) between "dirty" or "clean" IP addresses, at all.

Fundamentally, a user's IP address is an incredibly unreliable factor upon which to base any action, much less a punitive one. They can be changed in two seconds flat and do not provide an avenue by which to (reliably) identify an individual.
    I can't provide proof that this is how it works, but from my own experience it's how it is. Botted plenty of times on an IP that has never been botted on before, I always receive 2-day bans for the first few times I am caught. Then it's always permanent ban first offence after that, no exceptions. Been perm banned 10-20 times in a row on my home IP which is dirty as fuck -> moved house and bam, 2-day bans, even on accounts that are linked to my old IP!

For OSRS. No idea how it's like on RS3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    I can't provide proof that this is how it works, but from my own experience it's how it is. Botted plenty of times on an IP that has never been botted on before, I always receive 2-day bans for the first few times I am caught. Then it's always permanent ban first offence after that, no exceptions. Been perm banned 10-20 times in a row on my home IP which is dirty as fuck -> moved house and bam, 2-day bans, even on accounts that are linked to my old IP!

For OSRS. No idea how it's like on RS3.
    That's some amazing info. Goes on to show that Jagex anti-cheat system most likely doesn't account for IPs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

So what would you then recommend? A VPS or Proxy? Or just to bot all from one machine entirely. Take your losses as they come?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by METAPid View Post
    So what would you then recommend? A VPS or Proxy? Or just to bot all from one machine entirely. Take your losses as they come?
    This thread was last posted on a year ago, careful about grave-digging.

If you're botting multiple accounts, it's recommended to batch them onto different IP addresses to avoid chain bans.
    This can be done with proxies or VPSs. VPNs are not recommended for botting.

Here's more info on proxies:
    http://rsbotspot.com/all-about-proxies/

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    This thread was last posted on a year ago, careful about grave-digging.

If you're botting multiple accounts, it's recommended to batch them onto different IP addresses to avoid chain bans.
    This can be done with proxies or VPSs. VPNs are not recommended for botting.

Here's more info on proxies:
    http://rsbotspot.com/all-about-proxies/
    careful using your status for your own personal gain.

Thread Information