Poll: If you currently script for OSR, do you use reflection

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

My two cents:

Make a tutorial of how to find and fix the hooks that a scripter requires for his script. This way the gold farmers would probably move to some other bot, as it would not be convenient anymore.
    I know that this solutiom will most likelly not be easy to accept for most of the scripters but this would give you free time to work on something you enjoy. Nobody is maintaining a central library of colors for you, I see no reason of why the hooks would need to be centrally managed.

But what ever you decide to do, you are awesome and I like your include a lot much love and keep up the good work
    Last edited by prostaker; 11-04-2015 at 11:25 PM.
    “Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”
    - Michael Sinz

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prostaker View Post
    My two cents:

Make a tutorial of how to find and fix the hooks that a scripter requires for his script. This way the gold farmers would probably move to some other bot, as it would not be convenient anymore.
    I know that this solutiom will most likelly not be easy to accept for most of the scripters but this would give you free time to work on something you enjoy. Nobody is maintaining a central library of colors for you, I see no reason of why the hooks would need to be centrally managed.

But what ever you decide to do, you are awesome and I like your include a lot much love and keep up the good work
    Luckily for you there already is one https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111556

If I required people to have a updater to use the include, there would be nobody using it..
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

You know what would be a cool project? Making an updater that loads its transformers(identifiers) from some structured files. That way anyone could contribute to the identifiers without having to understand the rest of the updater. It would supply ease of use methods/qualifiers that would make it possible to id everything.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    You know what would be a cool project? Making an updater that loads its transformers(identifiers) from some structured files. That way anyone could contribute to the identifiers without having to understand the rest of the updater. It would supply ease of use methods/qualifiers that would make it possible to id everything.
    But then each identifier would just be a sh*tstorm of regex patterns
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    a bit offtopic: this reminds me - I got a regex exam coming up Going to have to parse tons of Logs

Luckily for you there already is one https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111556

If I required people to have a updater to use the include, there would be nobody using it..
    <= This is exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks alot

A bit more offtopic:

Thanks for updating the Hooks so fast today. I am really being pulled back to Simba scripting thanx to your little include Everything is so easy Altho I got to admit - Pascal was a bit scary in the beginning
    Last edited by prostaker; 11-05-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    “Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.”
    - Michael Sinz

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Nah, you can define semantics.
    Code:
    player:
      parent: character
      field-count: 
        type: String
        amount: 1
      subclass-count: 0
      tree-depth: 5
    That is based on my class identifier. Obv in yaml format.
    Last edited by tls; 11-06-2015 at 12:42 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

I am actually kind of new here in regards to posting. I've lurked for a long time though and have made color scripts in the past. I like reflection and the value it adds.

I really do want to learn how to update and maintain hooks myself, I read the primer that Brandon wrote but just really need to sit down and go through it piece by piece. A video would help more, but perhaps I'm just overthinking exactly what I am tackling here.

If you have any tips as to the process of updating hooks and the like, please shoot me a message so that I can learn a little faster and you can get some help/off-load some of the work involved.

Just my two cents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information