Poll: If you currently script for OSR, do you use reflection

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activity

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Default Activity

It seems to me that the activity level in general has been incredibly low, especially within OSR. I have been super busy with school and have lost virtually all motivation to continue with reflection due to the sole fact that it truly seems that the only people who use it, goldfarm. So please answer this poll so I can see where to go from here..
    Last edited by Kyle; 10-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I did so for a min back in the summer, up to beginning of school year. I'd love to get back into it with deadman mode coming out soon, but to be honest, I've just never been that good and the community doesnt look capable of supporting my relapse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I use this site for virtually every skill and it helps me save time while im in college to enjoy the game. I would really appreciate it if you could keep the hooks up to date.. Thanks bro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Let's create a competition around it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

We need more people to share their knowledge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    We need more people to share their knowledge.
    Contributing as well. I'm sure elfy wouldn't mind some help with reflection, shit anything simba related i'm sure people would appreciate the help. The dev's do so much for this community and I kind of feel bad the lack of respect they get and then most the people just leach scripts.
    "We're all someone else to someone else." - Calvin & Hobbes.
    A story of life. Inside everyone are two wolves. It is a terrible fight. One is evil, one is good. Which one wins? The one you feed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Yeah I was always feeling like the contributions have been really low. I'll release a nice multi-skill script in the next week. I also think there are plenty of people who use this but do not post much like me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Even thought i was using reflection to get me into scripting there seems to be a lot of people abusing it, went to the yew logs in f2p and a lot less bot now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

It is all I script in. Reflection makes sense. If you could get me up to speed on how to work with hooks I'd be glad to help you.
    Last edited by OneWish; 10-13-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Reflection is the best! We really appreciate your work and the time you take to put out these hooks. Please continue Dont let reflection scripting in Simba die </3

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

At the end of the day with you been busy with school and more and more hook breaks you will start to struggle to maintain the updater. If you don't have the time it will most likely be for the best that you do give up with reflection and give people plenty of warning, so if someone wants to they can take over or they can update their script.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    At the end of the day with you been busy with school and more and more hook breaks you will start to struggle to maintain the updater. If you don't have the time it will most likely be for the best that you do give up with reflection and give people plenty of warning, so if someone wants to they can take over or they can update their script.
    Oh; i really hope reflection doesn't become phased out, like pascal.. Aerolib/Reflection script are slowly increasing and being released. With what is released there is enough knowledge to produce all kinds of scripts.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    Oh; i really hope reflection doesn't become phased out, like pascal.. Aerolib/Reflection script are slowly increasing and being released. With what is released there is enough knowledge to produce all kinds of scripts.
    Well since you mention that, honestly one of the more frustrating parts of maintaining the reflection include is the fact that many (most) errors that people have with reflection is due to people using it with Aerolib. I then look at the script and they use like 3 functions from AL, all of which are within the reflection include itself.. If you're going to make a reflection script, use reflection. If you're going to make a color script, use color. If there's a function you need that isn't in reflection, make a request for it, easy as that..
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

It is of my opinion that these includes have always been better as group projects. Find a few willing parties and get organized

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    It is of my opinion that these includes have always been better as group projects. Find a few willing parties and get organized
    That is always the tough part haha

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

I voted no because I personally don't think it's worth the time of day anymore at the current rate.

With only one person, maintaining a library is difficult, especially one where you have to keep an updater going as well.
    If reflection was more popular and wasn't just primarily used for easy goldfarming then sure, it'd be a worth-while endeavor, but as it is now, just one person writing/maintaining doesn't seem to be worth it.

/my2cents

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    That is always the tough part haha
    Ya, I tried. Failed. Tried again 6 months later. Gave up. Now I just don't have the time.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Alright so it does seem like there is still a fair bit of interest in this. I actually have been working on the rewrite of my updater the past few days and am about halfway done, once that is finished we will be back to near instant updates again. I would still like if some people who may have some private scripts to start posting them to get some life back in the forums.

Could someone who is active with OSR add me on skype and let me know when ever a update happens? As of now it seems like @Fitta; is afk and I have no other way to know when there is an update through my phone.. Thanks!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Alright so it does seem like there is still a fair bit of interest in this. I actually have been working on the rewrite of my updater the past few days and am about halfway done, once that is finished we will be back to near instant updates again. I would still like if some people who may have some private scripts to start posting them to get some life back in the forums.

Could someone who is active with OSR add me on skype and let me know when ever a update happens? As of now it seems like @Fitta; is afk and I have no other way to know when there is an update through my phone.. Thanks!
    Fitta might be gone for good due to pursuing his dream job of beating people up for money. If he ever gets on for a little bit I'll ask if he's cool with releasing some more of his scripts in the same way that he released wyverns (he actually had quite a nice little library of scripts that probably still work / just need to be revised due to reflection updates, that I'm pretty sure he never gave out to anybody other than myself, obviously ignoring the scripts that he sold offsite), unless you think it'd be pointless if they won't be maintained.

Also, I unfortunately had to cut out focusing on osrs without having an experienced user like fitta to work with so I personally won't be active enough to let you know when a client breaking update happens but many people are if they know you want them to do so (when I messaged you about hooks needing to be updated previously I felt like I was being annoying so I kept it to a bare minimum), I'd recommend simply adding to the original post of your reflection threads something along the lines of you are looking for some people that will be able to let you know when hooks are outdated.
    Last edited by acow; 10-20-2015 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

I have a cronjob that sends me a message when it detects an update, its just a simple python script.

https://gist.github.com/smithtrenton...51ceeaeb356ad6
    FYI that is a python 3 script.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    I have a cronjob that sends me a message when it detects an update, its just a simple python script.

https://gist.github.com/smithtrenton...51ceeaeb356ad6
    FYI that is a python 3 script.
    Ah nice! I have one I wrote a while back that just gives a desktop notification but never added any email support to it. I'll definitely give that a go, thanks man

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Ah nice! I have one I wrote a while back that just gives a desktop notification but never added any email support to it. I'll definitely give that a go, thanks man
    I updated it to handle the files not existing(although it will take forever to get to the current version, and you should probably just save the current version).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

As of now it seems like @Fitta; is afk
    Considering Fitta has been banned for scamming on Sythe, I'd say he's probably gone for good.

Link

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Just messaged you on skype elfyyy

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I have been browsing the forums occasionally but I simply have no time at all to script or contribute to SRL at this moment.

I'm not sure about the state of reflection but I think it's great to have the option to use it in scripts. But color scripts can only see the same as a human can, or even less, which will always make a color based script more humanlike.

If it's just you working on the updater and mainly goldfarmers that rely on reflection.. I can see how that demotivates you. Anyways, the more options the better so if you manage to keep everything updated it would be great I'd say.

Script source code available here: Github

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information