Thread: Is Simba and it's OO Language designed for use with applications outside Runescape?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default Is Simba and it's OO Language designed for use with applications outside Runescape?

Hi. I am planning on writing and application that can be used for reading basic text from images and buttons in a browser session, and making repeated decisions. It seems that most of the development using Simba is for the purpose of Runescape. Does Villavu encourage development of bots and macros for other applications such as enterprising and commercial ideas, and do the optical text recognition functions/color interpreters work with scenarios other than Runescape?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

You'd have to modify the fonts to work with whatever you're working with, but yes, the main purpose of SRL is geared towards Runescape. However Simba can be used for anything!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomasriou View Post
    Hi. I am planning on writing and application that can be used for reading basic text from images and buttons in a browser session, and making repeated decisions. It seems that most of the development using Simba is for the purpose of Runescape. Does Villavu encourage development of bots and macros for other applications such as enterprising and commercial ideas, and do the optical text recognition functions/color interpreters work with scenarios other than Runescape?
    Yes you can! I use(d) simba to bot/automate many different tasks, some of which I had to read text!

What I found worked best was to generate a bitmap of the text and convert all the text you want to read to be white pixels, and everything else black pixels. then you can plug the clear black/white bitmap into tesseract and it generally gave me a good reading. (Not 100%, of course.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    You'd have to modify the fonts to work with whatever you're working with, but yes, the main purpose of SRL is geared towards Runescape. However Simba can be used for anything!
    you dont have to do that anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    Yes you can! I use(d) simba to bot/automate many different tasks, some of which I had to read text!

What I found worked best was to generate a bitmap of the text and convert all the text you want to read to be white pixels, and everything else black pixels. then you can plug the clear black/white bitmap into tesseract and it generally gave me a good reading. (Not 100%, of course.)

you dont have to do that anymore.

Any idea where I can get started with tutorials or such like?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Just to clarify, Lape isn't an OO language.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thomasriou View Post
    Any idea where I can get started with tutorials or such like?
    Tesseract: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111165
    A lot about lape: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105024
    General guide on how to use SRL-6(because there still may be some useful things in there for non-rs stuff): https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757

Thread Information