Thread: I picked a terrible name ;_;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Red face I picked a terrible name ;_;

Hello SRL forums.

I joined the other day with the intent to leech, I will be honest. That's why my user name is really, really bad...

I intend to apply for a name change as being a leecher is not something I decided I was proud to be... So consider this my formal introduction!

Provided I can get a name change, you can call me Roman. A little bit about me!

- I am not really a scripter. I might learn if I have the time... I do know a little bit of lua and a little bit of python, but it is really an insignificant amount.
    - Even though I may not be able to contribute in this way, I do enjoy the sense of community that is here at SRL. It's not like EpicFail and PowerBan in that regard... And those are terrible scripts, too.
    - I do enjoy having conversations with people about almost anything. Feel free to pm if you just want to chat!
    - HEIL GRAMMATIK! I am, admittedly, a grammar Nazi. I love the proper use of syntax and believe that a little bit of punctuation makes everyone's life a bit happier.
    - SKI NUT. I love to ski! It's a great wintertime hobby and sport. I do ski both downhill and cross country.
    - I bot not really for RS3... But to trade the RS3 gold I receive from botting for GP in an RSPS. PM me if you'd like to join me or something

Any more questions? Post below!

Thank you all for your scripts! I'm glad I decided not to leech.

Have a nice day!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

It's good you decided to join this community instead of being a leech
    Let's just hope some admin can get you a name change.
    Last edited by Joopi; 10-16-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    It's good you decided to join this community instead of being a leech
    Let's just hope some admin can get you a name change.
    Yeah, man, for sure. I'm having a severe case of the "embarrassed sads" right now I requested one! Let's just hope it gets here before no one takes me seriously, right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

I'm assuming you found this: https://villavu.com/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=11

I hope you find learning how to create your own scripts fun. If not, the other sections of the SRL forums are great too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Oh yes I most certainly did...

Thank you I hope it will be! I have a few ideas... We'll see how they go

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Welcome to SRL. Getting that username fixed should be your first priority

Feel free to drop me a PM or add my Skype if you've any questions about scripting or the community in general.

Have fun!
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Welcome to SRL. Getting that username fixed should be your first priority

Feel free to drop me a PM or add my Skype if you've any questions about scripting or the community in general.

Have fun!
    Indeed it is XD Trust me... I am disappointed in myself.

Sure. Sounds good!

Thanks a bunch!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

lol don't sweat it, if I tell a m8 to create a villavu account they always choose bm names
    also gz on getting your name changed ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    lol don't sweat it, if I tell a m8 to create a villavu account they always choose bm names
    also gz on getting your name changed ^_^
    Haha. It has been my experience that using some BS name upon entry to a community is commonplace. Those of us who wish to then legitimately join and whatnot then regret the choice immediately...

Thank you! I am surprised that it was free, to be honest. Yay!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Free!??
    Nothing costs anything here.
    Everything that is on villavu is free!

(No like seriously you aren't allowed to pay for anything through villavu outside that black market).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    Free!??
    Nothing costs anything here.
    Everything that is on villavu is free!

(No like seriously you aren't allowed to pay for anything through villavu outside that black market).
    Oh I meant the username "Roman" I know everything is open-source and nothing is paid. It's one thing that's unique, to be honest. Every other macro service wants to charge you up the Yang for "premium" scripts... I don't agree with that. If all I have to do is contribute to the best of my ability, I will and am gladly doing so!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Welcome to SRL!

I hope you really do decide to stick around. Too often do we get someone saying they intend to stay and then disappearing within a week, or staying for a few months, getting SRL Member, then disappearing forever.

Either way, I look forward to seeing your contributions.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    Welcome to SRL!

I hope you really do decide to stick around. Too often do we get someone saying they intend to stay and then disappearing within a week, or staying for a few months, getting SRL Member, then disappearing forever.

Either way, I look forward to seeing your contributions.

Thank you very much! I will do my best. Hopefully life does not conflict too much; you know how it is. I've started with the basics of scripting so hopefully within the foreseeable future my contributions can extend beyond comments and updates and being merely "present"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Thank you very much! I will do my best. Hopefully life does not conflict too much; you know how it is. I've started with the basics of scripting so hopefully within the foreseeable future my contributions can extend beyond comments and updates and being merely "present"
    Life is always understandable, if you're making a few posts a week then that's good enough to call active to me.

How goes your first script?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Life is always understandable, if you're making a few posts a week then that's good enough to call active to me.

How goes your first script?

Haha

Well I am a bit at a loss for what I really want to do. I keep writing little bits that don't do much but cannot settle... Like writer's block a bit. I am considering a simple auto-fighter, but it would be very basic... Ugh brain. I'll get somewhere eventually

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Haha

Well I am a bit at a loss for what I really want to do. I keep writing little bits that don't do much but cannot settle... Like writer's block a bit. I am considering a simple auto-fighter, but it would be very basic... Ugh brain. I'll get somewhere eventually
    I suggest following The Mayor's AIO tutorial to the letter and then trying to make a basic script. An autofighter might be a little difficult for a beginner. A power miner or even an air rune crafter might be really good for a beginner.

Start with the basics. Eg make a script that clicks on an ore rock. Once that's done, add waiting for the inventory count to go up by one before clicking the rock a second time. Test each step as you go. Incremental development is the easiest way for a beginner to learn, I think.
    Last edited by Incurable; 10-22-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I suggest following The Mayor's AIO tutorial to the letter and then trying to make a basic script. An autofighter might be a little difficult for a beginner. A power miner or even an air rune crafter might be really good for a beginner.

Start with the basics. Eg make a script that clicks on an ore rock. Once that's done, add waiting for the inventory count to go up by one before clicking the rock a second time. Test each step as you go. Incremental development is the easiest way for a beginner to learn, I think.
    Thank you for the advice! I realized that some very complex auto fighter was beyond me; I wanted to attempt it just as a challenge. Still, no serious scripting progress except to familiarize myself somewhat with SRL, as I have been quite busy in the realm of the real worlds.

Thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Welcome, Roman, nice to see that you seem to be a very talkative person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I tend to be quite talkative, yes...

Except when I am in hospice

That is the reason why I have been so inactive for the past few weeks. I ended up contracting a viral infection of the spine that spread across the side of my body. It was really quite debilitating for a variety of reasons, and I feel sorry that I couldn't work on my scripting for the duration of the illness. Fortunately, I am back, and hopefully will be out from under my pile of old work soon enough to get back to learning in my free time.

Apologies again for the absence, and looking forward to the return!

/Roman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Welcome mate, I joined a few days ago aswell, add me on Skype and I can help towards making scripts, or even teaching you a little bit of what I know (Basic, just joined XD but I've learned a bit already (according to @Joopi) Failing that, I'm looking for an RSPS to make script for personal use because the server I play can't run SMART and I aint even starting with VM's but blabber... My Skype is Kieran.Ps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran x Dzr View Post
    Welcome mate, I joined a few days ago aswell, add me on Skype and I can help towards making scripts, or even teaching you a little bit of what I know (Basic, just joined XD but I've learned a bit already (according to @Joopi) Failing that, I'm looking for an RSPS to make script for personal use because the server I play can't run SMART and I aint even starting with VM's but blabber... My Skype is Kieran.Ps
    You got it, man Everything I self-taught a few weeks ago is kind of GONE, which is to be expected when one doesn't practice and is uhh somewhat worried about their future as a living person

I'll add you ASAP. Note that my main Skype was recently hacked, so I'll be using my weird, old one. I've also masked my IP and stuff now so it won't happen again haha.

Thanks, and looking forward to some possible collaboration!

Thread Information