Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default Hello!

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start getting involved, so I suppose a good move to start with is to introduce myself.
    I've been programming for years and years. I'm 24 now and started dabbling in programming languages and graphics design when I was 12ish. I know several languages such as Python, C-sharp, PHP, etc, so I'm hoping to pick up some Pascal and see if I can create anything to help people.

I'll be lurking, reading up on any tutorials etc over the next month or two, and contributing where I can. I've eventually settled on Simba/SRL after considering some of your competitors - much more comfortable using colour/clicker type bots rather than deal with the risks that are currently rife when using the others.

I'm sure you'll all be nice to me and help me along the way during my time as a newbie! Thanks for all the scripts and tutorials!

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Welcome!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Welcome to SRL, illify. Prior programming experience will undoubtedly assist you a lot during your journey here.

Lape is a language syntactically similar to Pascal, so your knowledge of both Python and C# will prove beneficial.

Feel free to drop me a PM here, add my Skype, or highlight me in IRC if you've any questions.

See you around!
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the kind welcomes guys.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Nice to see some fresh blood around here! Especially fresh blood that plans on contributing! I have no doubt that you will pick up the language quickly, I have had no past programming experience before SRL and can know write scripts that actually work! Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Welcome to SRL!

Thread Information