Poll: Will you get a Nexus 6P/5X

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Thoughts about the new Nexus 6P and 5X?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Lightbulb Thoughts about the new Nexus 6P and 5X?

So a couple of months ago the Nexus 6P and 5X were anounced and the devices are being delivered in the US right now as we speak.
    However since i'm from The Netherlands I will be able to pre-order on Nov 2 and get it at 9 Nov (speculations). What are you guys' thoughts on the new nexus devices?
    Will you guys get one? If yes which color will you get and how much storage space? I personally like the graphite version and i'm probably going to get the 64GB edition.

MKBHD made a great review and that was when I was 100% sure I would get it. I'm probably also going to flash the stock rom with force encrypt disabled since I don't need the encryption anyway and since i'm going to unlock the bootloader I might aswell do that right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

I'm from Belgium and was waiting for the new Nexus (5x) myself to replace my 'old' Nexus 5. However I'm deeply dissapointed in the 5X (spec/pricewise).

I'm currently looking at Motorola x Style or OnePlus 2 but can only seem to buy it with 64gb storage wich seems a bit of a waste since you can insurt a 128 gb microSD... My last option will prob be Moto X Play for 1-2 years then look at new phones on the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clownhair View Post
    I'm from Belgium and was waiting for the new Nexus (5x) myself to replace my 'old' Nexus 5. However I'm deeply dissapointed in the 5X (spec/pricewise).

I'm currently looking at Motorola x Style or OnePlus 2 but can only seem to buy it with 64gb storage wich seems a bit of a waste since you can insurt a 128 gb microSD... My last option will prob be Moto X Play for 1-2 years then look at new phones on the market.
    I was looking at oneplus 2 and moto x play aswell but I really would like to have a 5.7inch AMOLED display. I'm using a galaxy S4 right now and I have owned a iPhone 4s but I didnt like the screen of the iphone and I didn't like the size of both these phones either, I want it bigger.

The oneplus 2 is big but I didn't like the screen either when my friend showed it to me, I really really like the colors of an amoled screen.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Good specifications and overall pretty good phones. But both are priced higher than I'd like to see. I upgraded to a Moto X (2014) which costs just half of the price. As much as I'd like to have fully stock Android and updates directly from Google, it's not worth the extra money to me.

Comparison:
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/compa...459879;411185/

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Was planning to buy the 5x, until they revealed the price. Now I'm not so sure if the Nexus 5x is going to replace my old Nexus 5. Bit to high price for the quality.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Buddy at work got the 5x and another one got the 6p. It's fairly thin but it's uncomfortable to hold even with large hands (I can palm a basketball). I'm not a fan of the fingerprint scanner on the back of the device. Other than that, it's a clean sleek device.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I'm perfectly happy with my 'old' Nexus 5. The battery life isn't the greatest, but that's very rarely an issue. Even if I had the money I don't see a reason to upgrade. Also 6 is too big for me.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Recently upgraded from a s4 to a s5.

Could have gotten the s6, but no SD card slot was a deal breaker.

I probably could have gotten something better/newer than the s5 but the upgrade was kind of last minute so I got something I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

So recently a video came out showing the nexus 6P bending like butter. That was a deal breaker for me but it has been confirmed that the reason it bend like butter was because of the cracked screen. I have never been worried this much before haha!

Butter 6P:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIa...utu.be&t=2m50s

Nexus 6P:

https://twitter.com/luckyankit/statu...52058326720513

Another proof video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZV...&feature=share

Thread Information