Thread: What's up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Smile What's up?

Hey what's up?

A little bit of background about myself is that I've been playing RS since I was in 5th grade on and off; I'm currently a junior in college now. I used to love playing back when I was younger, but slowly began to lose interest in the game because my main account got banned. The only thing I actually like to do is bot now. I think it's kind of an addiction to me now because my bot farm has failed multiple times, but I've always tried to rebuild. My main interest right now is to goldfarm and make a little side cash from botting. I'm from tribot so I am not very familiar with Simba at all. One of my friends referred this community saying that this client is highly undetectable and I'm tired of getting bans. I've done some research around the forums and learned that mostly everyone on here creates their own scripts, if I'm not mistaken. I have never learned any type of scripting in my life, so I was wondering what would be a estimate time frame for me to learn how to script a simple macro. Also, I am only interested in botting OSRS (I never liked RS after the EOC update) Some additional questions I have are:

How can Jagex know what client you are using to play on? Tribot always claimed that Jagex could never find out, but users on this forum have a different opinion about that.
    My friend mentioned that with bots on this client chain bans never happen, so he doesn't even invest in proxies to cover his IP. Is this true?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hello and welcome to the forums. I can't really answer your questions, but there are many many guides around the forums that help you get started. I personally used this thread to get started: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101761

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkobeast19 View Post
    I was wondering what would be a estimate time frame for me to learn how to script a simple macro.
    Depends on which tutorials you read, how quickly you pick up the fundamentals, how much effort you put into learning, and how many questions you ask.

How can Jagex know what client you are using to play on? Tribot always claimed that Jagex could never find out, but users on this forum have a different opinion about that.
    There was a contest held here a few years(?) ago where members attempted to find the best way to detect whether or not Simba was being used to cheat in RuneScape.

Bottom line is that there are a hundred-and-one ways to detect every bot, including Simba. It just so happens that we are quite adept at flying under Jagex's radar.

My friend mentioned that with bots on this client chain bans never happen, so he doesn't even invest in proxies to cover his IP. Is this true?
    I wouldn't exactly say that chain-banning never happens, but using Simba will undoubtedly cut down on bans in general.

Proxies are, in my opinion, completely useless. Doesn't matter what bot you use, Jagex does not perform bans on a basis of IP address.

Now we've got the questions out of the way; welcome to SRL! I'm KeepBotting. Feel free to PM me, add my Skype, or highlight me in IRC if you have any questions (about anything).
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Depends on which tutorials you read, how quickly you pick up the fundamentals, how much effort you put into learning, and how many questions you ask.

There was a contest held here a few years(?) ago where members attempted to find the best way to detect whether or not Simba was being used to cheat in RuneScape.

Bottom line is that there are a hundred-and-one ways to detect every bot, including Simba. It just so happens that we are quite adept at flying under Jagex's radar.

I wouldn't exactly say that chain-banning never happens, but using Simba will undoubtedly cut down on bans in general.

Proxies are, in my opinion, completely useless. Doesn't matter what bot you use, Jagex does not perform bans on a basis of IP address.

Now we've got the questions out of the way; welcome to SRL! I'm KeepBotting. Feel free to PM me, add my Skype, or highlight me in IRC if you have any questions (about anything).
    Thanks! Do you know where I could start scripting like learning the basics of simba and how to build my own script?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Thanks! Do you know where I could start scripting like learning the basics of simba and how to build my own script?
    https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=648
    Everything you need to know is there.

Thread Information