Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Programming Tutroials

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default Programming Tutroials

    So what websites or courses do you guys recommend to learn programming?

    I know about codeacademy and I am signed up on there but I am also looking into udemy.com

    There programming courses are here: https://www.udemy.com/courses/develo...ing-languages/
    A little pricey but I currently have a code that will make any course 10 dollars.

    My job also has a subscription to cbt nuggets which at the moment i can only find python programming on it.

    I used to have a sub to pluralsight but have since cancelled it. Would resubbing for that be beneficial?

    Also if y'all know of any additional free sites that I could look into that would be awesome!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,873
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

    Default

    This website is pretty good and it's free, but its usefulness depends on what language you want to learn. Definitely give it a try though, especially if you're just starting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    Lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    932
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

    Default

    Jokes aside, Codecademy is good for getting started with the bare minimum. After that you can just Google tutorials on your new language of choice. I honestly wouldn't pay for programming courses when you're starting out because in the beginning you don't even know it's something you will seriously enjoy doing.

    That isn't to say that paid education isn't worth it, just that you're probably better off self-teaching for a while first until you run out of things you can teach yourself.



    New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Lol
    Thank you for the helpful post.....

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    This website is pretty good and it's free, but its usefulness depends on what language you want to learn. Definitely give it a try though, especially if you're just starting.
    I have looked around the website just looking for other alternatives as well. Some of the things in the programming help section were posted back in 2014 or later. Don't get me wrong there is some great stuff on this website and I will be looking at the tutorials and such. Thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    Jokes aside, Codecademy is good for getting started with the bare minimum. After that you can just Google tutorials on your new language of choice. I honestly wouldn't pay for programming courses when you're starting out because in the beginning you don't even know it's something you will seriously enjoy doing.

    That isn't to say that paid education isn't worth it, just that you're probably better off self-teaching for a while first until you run out of things you can teach yourself.
    Awesome! I took a basic java course in college but the professor was a nut ball and I did not learn much in it and the class made me dread programming. Im hoping that with a better teaching method (self-taught or through another course) I can get back into programming and actually enjoy it. Thank you for the advice!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutchie View Post
    Thank you for the helpful post.....
    Sure, any time :P
    On a more serious note though, this website is great for helping with python. Not sure about learning it as a linear course, but great for learning to use certain functions. Stackexchange is a good forum (as well as this one) to ask for help/code reviews if you get stuck.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

    Default

    i have been thinking about this, if someone learns Python or any language that is closely similar to Pascal. Can they script for SIMBA/SCAR? I mean, I have been told before that if you know Python or any other closely related language, it is generally easier to pickup scripting for SIMBA/SCAR. How true would that statement be?

    I have been interested in learning Pascal to code for SIMBA but unfortunately locally there are not any options available to learn the language but we do have available other languages that are popular such as Python, C++ C# Javascript etc. So if i were to script for SIMBA, what language would be recommended? Given Pascal is not available.

    Or I just might take a udemy course on Pascal.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not here.
    Posts
    5,420
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrorbyte View Post
    i have been thinking about this, if someone learns Python or any language that is closely similar to Pascal. Can they script for SIMBA/SCAR? I mean, I have been told before that if you know Python or any other closely related language, it is generally easier to pickup scripting for SIMBA/SCAR. How true would that statement be?

    I have been interested in learning Pascal to code for SIMBA but unfortunately locally there are not any options available to learn the language but we do have available other languages that are popular such as Python, C++ C# Javascript etc. So if i were to script for SIMBA, what language would be recommended? Given Pascal is not available.

    Or I just might take a udemy course on Pascal.
    Just learn lape(the default scripting language of simba).

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    Just learn lape(the default scripting language of simba).
    Can you link me somewhere where I can learn more about Lape for beginners?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    4,200
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1857 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terrorbyte View Post
    Can you link me somewhere where I can learn more about Lape for beginners?
    https://github.com/nielsAD/lape/blob.../docs/lape.rst

    or

    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105024
    GitLab projects | Simba for Linux | Find me on IRC or Discord | OSRS scripts | Come play ScapeRune!

    <BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

    Default

    Your always a star, KeepBotting

    cheers man

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •