Thread: Best Bank(s) to Use?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Default Best Bank(s) to Use?

Simple question. What is/are the best bank(s) to use for stationary scripts? In terms of a balance between avoiding bans and not being uber crowded so that speed and performance suffers.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Champion's Guild chest, Player Owned Ports chest. Both are instanced, so you will never be reported. Note that if you log out, the instance deletes, so you will not log in next to the chest, you will have to re-enter the area.

Additionally, Rush of Blood has an instanced bank.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Champion's Guild chest, Player Owned Ports chest. Both are instanced, so you will never be reported. Note that if you log out, the instance deletes, so you will not log in next to the chest, you will have to re-enter the area.

Additionally, Rush of Blood has an instanced bank.
    Wait there's a bank in POP?? How did I miss that?

Also I used to make a clan with my farm and bot in the clan citadel.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Wait there's a bank in POP?? How did I miss that?

Also I used to make a clan with my farm and bot in the clan citadel.
    You have to build the workshop, which is unlocked in the Slate resource region. I prefer Champion's guild though because the port has restrictions on dropping items/portables/bonfires.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Regarding conversion of an already functioning color script, does anyone have these colors of either Champ's or PoP banks handy?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

I prefer populated banks, like the GE in a populated world. So many people that no one notices you or even attempts to chat. When doing at a bank like Lumb basement, people try to start conversation... And when you don't answer, guess what?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I prefer populated banks, like the GE in a populated world. So many people that no one notices you or even attempts to chat. When doing at a bank like Lumb basement, people try to start conversation... And when you don't answer, guess what?

same i usually alch on world 2 at the GE. so much spam goes on to begin with most people don't even think twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

prif on a populated world is also pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I found the chest in Black Knights' Fortress being kinda good, noone ever walks through there, and noone knows/thinks about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

wait. champion's guild is now instanced? how does that work? you just walk in and it opens an instance?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Could you explain how I would go about making an object for the PoP bank for an existing script?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DontForgetThis View Post
    Could you explain how I would go about making an object for the PoP bank for an existing script?
    Would highly depend on the existing script and how it handles banking. Post the script or banking part of the script you are using. For an OpenGL script, you would simply switch the model IDs of the bank. IDs can be seen by activating the model debug mode.

Simba Code:
    ogl.setDebugMode('models');

For a color script, you would need to alter its color search using data obtained via ACA.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

https://github.com/SRL/SRL-6/blob/ma...en.simba#L2060
    as far as all the numbers go...
    [[Color1, tolerance1, [ctstype_normally2, [modifiers]],[col2, tol2, [ctstype, [modifiers]]]]
    you only need 1 color, but 2 works well, like the main color then the trim.
    modifiers are different for each cts setting. for 2, its [hue, sat, 0] for 3, its [L*, a*, b*] (i forget what we call them though).

Get the colors, tolerance, and hue/sat from ACA.

Add your own line tp assign the variable, and declare the variable (where the others are declared).
    then simply call bankscreen.open(bank_chest_pop_storehousetype);
    (chests change colors as you upgrade the storehouse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the help.
    The script I'm modifying is: (Master Xehanort Transmutation [Barebones])
    As for the code it uses, seems to be what Turpinator is referring to in the post above this.

Firstly, the script i'm attempting to edit uses this syntax:

Simba Code:
    procedure bank();                                  //Opens the bank, and uses defined preset to withdraw
    var                                                //Declare our local variables
      x, y, timesTriedOpening, timesTriedWithdrawing: integer;
    begin
      timesTriedOpening := 0;                         //Using this as a failsafe for opening the bank
      timesTriedWithdrawing := 0;                     //Using this as a failsafe for withdrawing items

repeat                                          //Keep trying to open the bank until we detect the bankscreen
        begin
          [B][SIZE=5]bankScreen.open(BANK_NPC_BLUE);[/SIZE][/B]             //Open a bank with a blue NPC (Edgeville)
          inc(timesTriedOpening);                     //Increase the number of timesTried
          if (timesTriedOpening > 10) then            //If we've tried to open the bank unsuccessfully more than 10 times
            begin                                     //Terminate the script and let the user know we can't find the bank
              terminateScript();
              writeLn('Could not open the bank!');
            end;
        end;
      until (bankScreen.isOpen());                                //If we detect the bankscreen is open, continue on!

repeat                                                      //Keep trying to withdraw using preset one
      bankScreen.clickButton(BANK_BUTTON_PRESET_1);
      wait(randomRange(400, 500));
      inc(timesTriedWithdrawing);                                 //Increase the number of timesTried
      if (timesTriedOpening > 10) then                            //If we've tried to withdraw unsuccessfully more than 10 times
        begin                                                     //Terminate the script and let the user know
          terminateScript();
          writeLn('Could not withdraw items!');
        end;
      until (findDTM(itemDTM, x, y, tabBackPack.getBounds()));    //Until we see the item we are transmutating in our backpack
      inc(LoadsDone);                                             //Increase the number of loads done for progress report
    end;

Secondly, this is the code that the script ultimately calls in the end.
    Simba Code:
    function TRSBankScreen.__open(bankType: Integer): Boolean;
    var
      i, x, y: Integer;
      cols: T2DColorData;
      TPA, ATPA: T2DPointArray;
    begin
      print('TRSBankscreen.__open()', TDebug.HEADER);

case bankType of
        BANK_NPC_BLUE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_BLUE');
        BANK_NPC_GREY: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_GREY');
        BANK_NPC_GREEN: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_GREEN');
        BANK_NPC_DRAYNOR: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_DRAYNOR');
        BANK_TABLE_BURTHORPE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_TABLE_BURTHORPE');
        BANK_CHEST_LUMBRIDGE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_CHEST_LUMBRIDGE');

// I will update these ones when I have access to them
        BANK_BOOTH: cols := [[3237496, 6, [2, [0.18, 0.68, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_SW: cols := [[8946555, 15, [2, [0.18, 0.18, 0.00]]], [5863053, 10, [2, [0.13, 0.10, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_SHANTAY: cols := [[4335674, 6, [2, [0.38, 1.96, 0.00]]], [7247287, 6, [2, [0.16, 1.41, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_DUEL: cols := [[11512192, 18, [2, [0.39, 0.57, 0.00]]], [6586289, 10, [2, [0.21, 1.00, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_CW: cols := [[8088922, 16, [2, [0.06, 0.17, 0.00]]], [4808312, 17, [2, [0.03, 0.17, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_GROTTO: cols := [[6842737, 6, [2, [0.31, 0.08, 0.00]]], [2570316, 4, [2, [0.15, 1.35, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_PRIFDDINAS: cols := [[2729983, 12, [1, [0.07, 0.00, 0.00]]], [7528447, 16, [2, [0.24, 0.00, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_BARB_OUTPOST: cols := [[10258280, 19, [2, [0.06, 0.49, 0.00]]], [3424082, 8, [2, [0.12, 0.21, 0.00]]]];
      end;

So it seems that the "OpenGL" method wouldn't be what I need in this scenario, although thank you for your input. I will look into the ACA data, and come back with any questions I come across.
    I guess another question I have initially is, is there API's like those for java coding, for example like the page that comes up when you google "java arraylist api"

Still getting used to the format, bear with me. (not sure why it attached the images, but wouldnt let me insert them)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DontForgetThis; 05-03-2016 at 03:01 AM. Reason: formatting

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    https://github.com/SRL/SRL-6/blob/ma...en.simba#L2060
    as far as all the numbers go...
    [[Color1, tolerance1, [ctstype_normally2, [modifiers]],[col2, tol2, [ctstype, [modifiers]]]]
    you only need 1 color, but 2 works well, like the main color then the trim.
    modifiers are different for each cts setting. for 2, its [hue, sat, 0] for 3, its [L*, a*, b*] (i forget what we call them though).

Get the colors, tolerance, and hue/sat from ACA.

Add your own line tp assign the variable, and declare the variable (where the others are declared).
    then simply call bankscreen.open(bank_chest_pop_storehousetype);
    (chests change colors as you upgrade the storehouse.
    So, for example, the code uses

Simba Code:
    BANK_CHEST_SW: cols := [[8946555, 15, [2, [0.18, 0.18, 0.00]]], [5863053, 10, [2, [0.13, 0.10, 0.00]]]];
    Would this be like: [[color1, tolerance for color1, [unsure what this variable is, [what are these values refferring to?]]][[repeat]]?

I used DTM tool in simba to generate:
    Simba Code:
    DTMString := 'mlwAAAHicY2dgYEhlZ2BIB+IcII4D4mAgjgXiAiBWZWJgkABiLSA2BGI1IBYDYjkgtvOwY9Ax1mEwtjZmSPQ1Y3A2U2WwNlAEs/EBRjwYCgB0qgjY';

And, then I used the ACA tool to generate

Simba Code:
    function TRSBankScreen.__open(bankType: Integer): Boolean;
    var
      i, x, y: Integer;
      cols: T2DColorData;
      TPA, ATPA: T2DPointArray;
    begin
      print('TRSBankscreen.__open()', TDebug.HEADER);

case bankType of
        BANK_NPC_BLUE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_BLUE');
        BANK_NPC_GREY: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_GREY');
        BANK_NPC_GREEN: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_GREEN');
        BANK_NPC_DRAYNOR: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_NPC_DRAYNOR');
        BANK_TABLE_BURTHORPE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_TABLE_BURTHORPE');
        BANK_CHEST_LUMBRIDGE: cols := bankColors.__getProfileColor('BANK_CHEST_LUMBRIDGE');

// I will update these ones when I have access to them
        BANK_BOOTH: cols := [[3237496, 6, [2, [0.18, 0.68, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_SHANTAY: cols := [[4335674, 6, [2, [0.38, 1.96, 0.00]]], [7247287, 6, [2, [0.16, 1.41, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_DUEL: cols := [[11512192, 18, [2, [0.39, 0.57, 0.00]]], [6586289, 10, [2, [0.21, 1.00, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_CW: cols := [[8088922, 16, [2, [0.06, 0.17, 0.00]]], [4808312, 17, [2, [0.03, 0.17, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_GROTTO: cols := [[6842737, 6, [2, [0.31, 0.08, 0.00]]], [2570316, 4, [2, [0.15, 1.35, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_PRIFDDINAS: cols := [[2729983, 12, [1, [0.07, 0.00, 0.00]]], [7528447, 16, [2, [0.24, 0.00, 0.00]]]];
        BANK_CHEST_BARB_OUTPOST: cols := [[10258280, 19, [2, [0.06, 0.49, 0.00]]], [3424082, 8, [2, [0.12, 0.21, 0.00]]]];
        //my new code starts here
    ///////////////////////////////
        BANK_CHEST_POP_REVAMPED: cols := [[9793576, 8, [2, [0.02, 0.17, 0.00]]]];
    ///////////////////////////////
        //ends here
      end;

setLength(TPA, length(cols));

for i := 0 to high(cols) do
      begin
        if cols[i].gatherIn(TPA[i], mainScreen.getBounds()) then
          mainscreen.filterPointsPlayer(TPA[i]);

if (length(TPA[i]) < 10) then
        begin
          print('TRSBankScreen.__open(): Didn''t find enough bank color ' + toStr(i), TDebug.FOOTER);
          exit();
        end;
      end;

But, I'm off to bed for the night. I tested it slightly, it didn't want to do anything for me, granted I never tested the original script either. Oh yeah, and I'm at the last port upgrade - so the trim for the bank is gold. I tried to get the second color, but as I highlighted the best match, it showed it matching with a bunch of things outside of the bank, so i scrapped it. And one last small thing, the DTM i used is for adamant ore (incase anybody was wondering)
    Last edited by DontForgetThis; 05-03-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Use [SIMBA][/SIMBA] tags to post scripts.
    Simba Code:
    program QuickTransmutate;         //Name your program! Can litererally be anything you want
    {$DEFINE SMART}                   //Every script must have this line to use SMART
    {$I SRL-6/SRL.simba}              //MOST IMPORTANT LINE.  Trust me, you need this.
    {$I SPS/lib/SPS-RS3.Simba}        //Can be used if you want to include maps, not always necessary

var                               //Setup our global variables
    itemDTM, loadsDone, priceWeBought, priceWeSell, productsMade: integer;
    xpPerTransmutation: extended;
    DTMString: string;

//////////////////////////////////
    /////////PLAYER SETUP/////////////

procedure declarePlayers();
    begin
      priceWeBought := 960;          //Change 1000 to whatever value you bought the item to be transmuted
      priceWeSell := 10350;            //Change 2000 to the value you plan to sell the product at
      xpPerTransmutation := 28.3;     //Change 15.7 to whatever xp you earn per transmuted item
      productsMade := 4;              //Change 9 to however many products are made per inventory
                                      //Create a DTM of the initial item and insert the string into the '' (Default DTM is mithril Ore)
      DTMString := 'mggAAAHicY2NgYIhmYmDwB+I0II4F4nAgTgLieYwMDPOBeCYQTwXi5UC8GIjNzYMYwl0NGDKCrRhMTPwYIt0NwTQ/0CxsmBEHhgAAp2MLEg==';

setLength(players, 1);
      with players[0] do
      begin
        loginName := 'MasterXehanort';
        password := '';
        isActive := true;
        isMember := true;
      end
      currentPlayer := 0;
    end;

/////////END SETUP////////////////

procedure randomRightClickInventory();   //Used in antiban, I don't like the one in the include
    var
      i: integer;
    begin
      for i:= randomRange(1, 28) to 100 do
        begin
          tabBackPack.mouseSlot(i, MOUSE_RIGHT);
          break;
        end;
      if (random(2) = 0) then
        chooseOption.select(['xamine'])
      else
        chooseOption.select(['ancel']);
    end;

procedure antiBan();
    var
      time: TTimeMarker;
    begin
      if not isLoggedIn() then
        exit;

case random(50000) of
          1..500: randomRightClickInventory();         //Random right click in our inventory
          501..6000: mouseOffClient(OFF_CLIENT_RANDOM);//Move the mouse off the client in a random direction
          6001..7100: MouseMovingObject();             //Move the mouse around
          1101..2000: hoverSkill(Skill_DIVINATION);    //Check our divination level
      end;
    end;

procedure initializeDTMs();                        //Setup and load our DTMs
    begin
      itemDTM := DTMFromString(DTMString);
    end;

procedure bank();                                  //Opens the bank, and uses defined preset to withdraw
    var                                                //Declare our local variables
      x, y, timesTriedOpening, timesTriedWithdrawing: integer;
    begin
      timesTriedOpening := 0;                         //Using this as a failsafe for opening the bank
      timesTriedWithdrawing := 0;                     //Using this as a failsafe for withdrawing items

repeat                                          //Keep trying to open the bank until we detect the bankscreen
        begin
          bankScreen.open(BANK_NPC_BLUE);             //Open a bank with a blue NPC (Edgeville)
          inc(timesTriedOpening);                     //Increase the number of timesTried
          if (timesTriedOpening > 10) then            //If we've tried to open the bank unsuccessfully more than 10 times
            begin                                     //Terminate the script and let the user know we can't find the bank
              terminateScript();
              writeLn('Could not open the bank!');
            end;
        end;
      until (bankScreen.isOpen());                                //If we detect the bankscreen is open, continue on!

repeat                                                      //Keep trying to withdraw using preset one
      bankScreen.clickButton(BANK_BUTTON_PRESET_1);
      wait(randomRange(400, 500));
      inc(timesTriedWithdrawing);                                 //Increase the number of timesTried
      if (timesTriedOpening > 10) then                            //If we've tried to withdraw unsuccessfully more than 10 times
        begin                                                     //Terminate the script and let the user know
          terminateScript();
          writeLn('Could not withdraw items!');
        end;
      until (findDTM(itemDTM, x, y, tabBackPack.getBounds()));    //Until we see the item we are transmutating in our backpack
      inc(LoadsDone);                                             //Increase the number of loads done for progress report
    end;

procedure openProductionScreen();                             //Uses our energies that is on the first action slot
    var
      waitCounter:integer;
    begin
      waitCounter := 0;                                           //Set our failsafe counter to 0
      repeat
        begin
          sendKeys('1', 100, 30);                                 //Have the keyboard press '1' (We will have our energies bound to slot one in the action bar)
          wait(randomRange(500, 600));                            //Wait a little for the production screen to pop up
          inc(waitCounter);                                       //Increase the failsafe waitCounter
          if (waitCounter > 10) then                              //If we cannot use the energies more than 10 times, terminate the script
            begin
              terminateScript();                                  //Let the user know what went wrong
              writeLn('Could not use Energies!');
            end;
        end;
      until (productionScreen.isOpen());                          //If we detect the production screen is open, continue
    end;

procedure waitWhileTransmuting();
    var
      failSafeCounter, x, y: integer;
    begin
      failSafeCounter := 0;                                         //set our failsafe counter to 0

repeat                                                        //Keep waiting until we do not detect our original item in the backpack
        begin
          wait(randomRange(600, 700));
          antiBan();                                                //Perform our antiban while our character is transmutating!
          inc(failSafeCounter);                                     //Increase our failsafe counter
          if (failSafeCounter > 2000) then                          //If we have waited longer than two minutes to finish transmutating. Increasing counter 2000 times after waiting ~0.6 seconds per try
            begin                                                   //Exit this procedure if we waited too long
              writeLn('Could not successfully transmutate all our items!');
              writeLn('Banking stuff and starting over!');
              exit;
            end;
        end;
      until not (findDTM(itemDTM, x, y, tabBackPack.getBounds()));  //If we do not detect our original item in the backback, continue!
    end;

procedure transmutateItems();                                 //Transmutates the item!
    begin
      openProductionScreen();                                     //Begin transmutation using the production screen
      productionScreen.clickStart();
      waitWhileTransmuting();                                     //wait until we are done
    end;

function areWeOutOfSupplies():boolean;                        //Checks if we are out of supplies. Requires us to have game messages on
    begin
      if chatbox.findTextOnLines(['Item could not'], [0..3]) then //If the textbox shows that we did not withdraw all our items
        begin
          result := true                                          //Then we are out of supplies
        end
        else
          result := false;                                        //If not, then we still have supplies
    end;

procedure progressReport();
    var
      transmutationsDone, goldEarned, goldPerHour: integer;
      xp, xpPerHour: extended;
    begin
      transmutationsDone := LoadsDone * productsMade;
      goldEarned := (priceWeSell - PriceWeBought) * transmutationsDone;
      goldPerHour := round((goldEarned * 60) / (getTimeRunning() / 60000));
      xp := (transmutationsDone * xpPerTransmutation);
      xpPerHour := round((xp * 60) / (getTimeRunning() / 60000));

writeLn('========================================================');
      writeLn('MasterXehanorts Transmuter');
      writeLn('Time Ran: ' + timeRunning);
      writeLn('Transmutations Done: ' + intToStr(transmutationsDone));
      writeLn('Loads Done: ' + intToStr(loadsDone));
      writeLn('Gold Made: ' + intToStr(goldEarned));
      writeLn('Gold per Hour ' + intToStr(goldPerHour));
      writeLn('Experience Gainzzzz: ' + floatToStr(xp));
      writeLn('Experience Per Hour: ' + floatToStr(xpPerHour));
      writeLn('========================================================');
    end;

procedure mainLoop();                                         //Our main loop that will be repeated over and over!
    begin                                                         //Not lengthy due to the nature of this script, but yeah. . .
      bank();
      progressReport();
      transmutateItems();
    end;

///////////////////////////////////////////
    /////////Putting our script together///////
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

begin
      setupSRL();
      initializeDTMs();                                           //Setup our DTMs (only done once)
      clearDebug();                                               //Clear the SRL debug box
      smartEnableDrawing := true;                                 //Allow for smart drawing (used for more advanced scripts to debug)
      disableSRLDebug := True;                                    //Set to false if you want to see everything simba processes, set true if you just want the main things we set with writeLn
      disableSRLLog := true;
      declarePlayers();

repeat
        if not isLoggedIn() then                                  //If the player is not logged in, then log us in
          begin
            players[currentPlayer].login();
            exitSquealOfFortune();                                //Close the SOF
            minimap.setAngle(MM_DIRECTION_NORTH);                 //Set our camera angle to North
            mainScreen.setAngle(MS_ANGLE_HIGH);                   //Set our camera angle to high
          end;
                                                                  //If we are logged in, then disregard the previous if statement and continue to mainLoop
        mainLoop();                                               //NOTE mainLoop is in the repeat portion, so the script will keep executing mainLoop

until (areWeOutOfSupplies);                                 //mainLoop will be repeated until we are out of supplies.
      players[currentPlayer].logout();                            //Logout when we're out of supplies
    end.                                                          //Ta Da!

Much better, thanks, let me remedy my previous post.
    Last edited by DontForgetThis; 05-03-2016 at 03:00 AM. Reason: formatting

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Simba Code:
    Would this be like: [[color1, tolerance for color1, [unsure what this variable is, [what are these values refferring to?]]][[repeat]]?
    I believe the values correspond to:
    Simba Code:
    BANK_CHEST_SW: cols := [[color1, tolerance1, [ctsAlgorithm, [hue1, sat1, 0.00]]], [color2, tolerance2, [ctsAlgorithm, [hue2, sat2, 0.00]]];

In this case the ctsAlgorithm we are using is algorithm 2. Here is info about the different CTS algorithms:

Colour tolerance

Simba contains several algorithms for determining if two colours are equal given a tolerance. There are three algorithms, from fastest to slowest:

CTS 0: Quick and dirty comparison. Matches if the differences between the three RGB values are <= Tolerance
    CTS 1: RGB comparison that uses the Pythagorean distance in the RGB cube to define tolerance. Matches if the distance <= Tolerance.
    CTS 2: HSL comparison. It has two modifiers that modify the result tolerance, Hue and Saturation. The lower the modifier, the higher tolerance required for a match. They can be set seperately and therefore used to distinguish very specific colours. Some differ a lot in saturation, but very little in hue. Luminance is assigned a somewhat static function, and has no modifier.
    CTS 3: Comparison using CIE L*a*b colour space, uses Pythagorean distance.
    CTS0 is the simplest, and each algorithm gets more thorough, but also taking a bit more time to analyze. I know very little about CTS2 vs CTS3, someone else can comment on that. IIRC CTS3 is a more human-like vision analysis approach?

Usually we use CTS2, such as in this banking function, which takes color, tolerance, hue, and sat values, for TWO different colors. The 0.00 is a placeholder value since it is only used for real when we are using CTS3.

If we were using CTS3, the values would be:
    Simba Code:
    BANK_CHEST_SW: cols := [[color1, tolerance1, [3, [L1, a1, b1]]], [color2, tolerance2, [3, [L1, a1, b1]]];
    Last edited by Clarity; 05-03-2016 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Oh yeah, and I'm at the last port upgrade - so the trim for the bank is gold. I tried to get the second color, but as I highlighted the best match, it showed it matching with a bunch of things outside of the bank, so i scrapped it.
    In most cases that doesn't matter. In fact, that is the purpose of having two colors; the function looks for both of these colors in close proximity to each other, and thus filters out false positives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Thanks so much for your replies, TSN and Clarity. The script might not have ran because I used the CTS2 algorithm, but I only input one color. Ill go back and try it with two and see if it works then! Thanks for explaining that to me, it helped a lot.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Thanks so much for your replies, TSN and Clarity. The script might not have ran because I used the CTS2 algorithm, but I only input one color. Ill go back and try it with two and see if it works then! Thanks for explaining that to me, it helped a lot.
    you dont need 2 colors. 1 will do fine. Buut. When you put the colors into ACA (aka click on the thing until its all red), you will need 2+ colors there. Through math/algorothims, you get the color, tolerance, hue, and sat. Those 4 items gets you a range of colors that matches all the colors you had clicked on/highlighted.

As for CTS3, just skip it. Its slow and in almost no way superior to CTS2.

Thread Information