Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 48 Hour Bans

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    Is there a way to change the name of the client so that Jagex happens to think that SMART is the official RS Client?
    Yes, I've done that by simply editing the window title in the SMART source, but I somehow doubt that their detection is so basic as to only check the window title.

See this thread for what line to edit: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110822

Note that Simba also uses its own user agent unless you tell it not to, which I think is sort of silly. But then again it wasn't designed to be a stealthy botting client.
    Last edited by Clarity; 11-19-2015 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Is there a way to change the name of the client so that Jagex happens to think that SMART is the official RS Client?
    @Olly; added a func to Simba but I don't think it's in the current release
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Yes, I've done that by simply editing the window title in the SMART source, but I somehow doubt that their detection is so basic as to only check the window title.

See this thread for what line to edit: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110822
    Just wondering has oglib had any/many bans? I wonder if they could be targeting a single useragent since srl-6 only uses SMARTs default one I believe which is really old.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    @Olly; added a func to Simba but I don't think it's in the current release

Just wondering has oglib had any/many bans? I wonder if they could be targeting a single useragent since srl-6 only uses SMARTs default one I believe which is really old.
    I've experienced none - although I think, as @Obscurity; mentioned earlier, someone got a gold farming ban when ogLib's user agent was accidentally set to 'abc'. This has been rectified, obviously (ogLib now randomly generates a user agent from a website of the most commonly used) but it stands to reason that user agent is somewhat important. The SMART default user agent is a pretty old version of Firefox that nobody uses anymore.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Note that Simba also uses its own user agent unless you tell it not to, which I think is sort of silly. But then again it wasn't designed to be a stealthy botting client.

Interesting...

Because of this:
    Code:
    public static final String USER_AGENT; //default for an (old) firefox version is set below
    It is possible they could start noticing a trend between how many people have been banned with a older version of firefox.

Is it possible for them to get access to this?
    Code:
    public static final String VERSION = "8.3";
    Because if so, they might be able to link all of that together as well.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Interesting...

Because of this:
    Code:
    public static final String USER_AGENT; //default for an (old) firefox version is set below
    It is possible they could start noticing a trend between how many people have been banned with a older version of firefox.

Is it possible for them to get access to this?
    Code:
    public static final String VERSION = "8.3";
    Because if so, they might be able to link all of that together as well.
    I'm not sure to be honest, I like to eliminate the majority of concerns by using the official client in a VM. Then, of course, we get into the detectability of Simba and its fake mouse/keyboard events. They don't appear to go this far though, else we'd all be banned. Perhaps they can go that far if they want to investigate an account more in depth.

This is why I hoped we might be able to spoof real mouse drivers, but that's pretty difficult, I hear, seeing as you need original source and it's not like the companies hand that out.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

I'm not sure to be honest, I like to eliminate the majority of concerns by using the official client in a VM. Then, of course, we get into the detectability of Simba and its fake mouse/keyboard events. They don't appear to go this far though, else we'd all be banned. Perhaps they can go that far if they want to investigate an account more in depth.

This is why I hoped we might be able to spoof real mouse drivers, but that's pretty difficult, I hear, seeing as you need original source and it's not like the companies hand that out.
    Maybe if the user agent was updated, we wouldnt have as much of a problem?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Maybe if the user agent was updated, we wouldnt have as much of a problem?
    smartUserAgent := 'useragent here';
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    smartUserAgent := 'useragent here';
    I was referring to the default. I have no problem throwing in my own, but for those who don't change the default user agent would have show up as a very outdated version of fireFox.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

If this is indeed a new trend in SMART detection, looks like I'll be posting a tutorial about using ogLib with the official client.
    correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't using ogLib be almost the same as using SRL, except with a lot accurate / faster detection of NPC / objects?

haven't tried using ogLib, but i'm assuming that it uses mouse / keyboard same way as SRL does except it's faster since it can read ID's

it'd still use SMART as a base would it not?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

I was referring to the default. I have no problem throwing in my own, but for those who don't change the default user agent would have show up as a very outdated version of fireFox.
    It can be just changed within the include (Just get someone to do a pull request changing the default here)
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't using ogLib be almost the same as using SRL, except with a lot accurate / faster detection of NPC / objects?

haven't tried using ogLib, but i'm assuming that it uses mouse / keyboard same way as SRL does except it's faster since it can read ID's

it'd still use SMART as a base would it not?
    Depends on the script. A well made color script could be more efficient and effective than a poorly coded ogLib script. But in terms of Simba mouse and keyboard, they operate in the exact same way. We did, however, remove mouse movements from ogLib because they are unnecessary (as of this post) and only decrease script accuracy. This problem is most evident when monsters move during mouse movement and by the time the mouse reaches the destination, it is in a very out of date location.

SMART is just a convenience. You don't need to use SMART with SRL-6 or ogLib. It was made just as an easy way to bot while minimized.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

meant to say SIMBA not SMART*

have 2 accounts side by side same script testing, one with simba one without

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

An update on runemate, they believe it was mainly a banwave then a client detection update, which would be in line with our experience where a number of bans happened at once.These were most likely delayed bans all triggering at once then all real-time due to detection.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I've had ogLib bans, but can't isolate it as I had a lot of stuff happening. Message at the end of the day is to bot safe. Something that still hasn't sunk in yet with me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

RM got updated but bans are still 'beging delivered'. Is jagex finally getting ham with bots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information