Thread: Runescape - What features would you really like?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Default Runescape - What features would you really like?

If you were in charge of the Runescape 3 Development Team, what features would you implement?

I would initiate a process where you could leave your character in the game, automated on a task, while you sleep, although XP rates would be scaled back, or there would be some other activity, and you were just rewarded for having your character online (which would boost in-game numbers and give you extra rewards from the game). As an adult, I simply have no time to grind this beautiful game, and hence bot...lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

If I could be part of the RuneScape Development Team, I would change many things. First off, I would crack down on bots and RWTers as hard as a could. I know this is a bit hypocritical (coming from a botter) but these people are literal cancer for the life of RuneScape. I would also stop all this focus on new 30min quests/endgame items and actually try to balance the economy and certain skills (Ex. Agility). As far as features I would like, more skills is obviously cool, but given the amount of time it takes to max a skill, and the amount of balancing it has to go through, if would be unlikely for the dev team to have time for even 1 more skill (besides invention of course).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

calling macro-users the cancer of any game is outrageous

can you imagine a MMORPG like WoW or RS without bots?

everything needs to be taken in moderation, ATM macro-users are wayyy too much, but that doesnt mean they aren't necessary.

things I would change:

quit crapping on the graphics, they were fine but each update seem to make it worse and worse ( 07 player here )

game-wise I love how fast everything is to level, but just dem graphics!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

WASD walking. As a laptop user it is a pain for me with the mousepad.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

in my eyes, RS3 is already destroyed.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

maybe I'm just biased but I don't believe those are "cancers" to the game @Hanar; definitely not rwt. Though I'd still address them (not gonna into detail, cba as it's not gonna make a real difference eitherway, sorry op)

macroing - making the game not simply grinding simple repetitive things over & over for exp, a proper game imo would be one where there's very little incentive to use simple bots (rather than the current game where there is an extremely high incentive to do it, ignoring ban risk ofc). I do believe (quite sure of it infact) that macroing has already resulted in this issue being brought up at jagex hq.
    rwt - embracing the value of it (similarly to how second life (obviously) & nike (less obvious) does), the "blackmarket" can (and does) influence spending in the "legit" market (e.g bonds), though again they've most likely already discussed this at jagex hq and imo agree to some degree (they are very lenient to gold buyers, and it's no doubt in their best interest to keep being lenient)

To me the main detriments to the game are hacking (#1 by far, and tisk tisk on that bit so far jagex) & scamming (luring via trust, rigged gambling, etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Crack down on dicing even further and try to get that shithole known as Runechat closed down. The people running it are running bots that go into friends chats and spam them to death and it's annoying as hell. As @acow said, Luring and scamming are still major problems too and it's a bit sad how big YouTube channels like Chris Archie have glorified luring. There is nothing cool about gaining somebodies trust then stabbing them in the back. It's also annoying how it seems that there is nothing being done to people "doubling money". It's always some guy in high tier gear and a party hat doing it and it seems they never are punished or muted.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1ng View Post
    WASD walking. As a laptop user it is a pain for me with the mousepad.
    runescape is a point and click type game tho how would that work

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    runescape is a point and click type game tho how would that work
    I'm not sure of how to implement it. I just think moving around the game for me personally would be easier instead of the constant clicking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EarthAbove View Post
    Crack down on dicing even further and try to get that shithole known as Runechat closed down. The people running it are running bots that go into friends chats and spam them to death and it's annoying as hell. As @acow said, Luring and scamming are still major problems too and it's a bit sad how big YouTube channels like Chris Archie have glorified luring. There is nothing cool about gaining somebodies trust then stabbing them in the back. It's also annoying how it seems that there is nothing being done to people "doubling money". It's always some guy in high tier gear and a party hat doing it and it seems they never are punished or muted.
    On this topic, has anyone actually made bank from paying others to duel on their behalf? Think I lost 400M after going 200M ahead ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Less features.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sudansaw View Post
    Less features.
    Why do you want less features?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

The game has been utterly destroyed over the years through the addition of "features" which is why they had to come out with a whole other version of the game from 2007 without the features that ruined it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Go back to before eoc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I'm with Hoodz on this one. however if we were talking about OSRS, I would like to see more quests release, some even from RS3. And I would like to see turmoil and Soul Split coming to OSRS although a bit less overpowered.
    I just think people should have a reason to train a skill after 70 aside from just the 99 cape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i loaded up rs3 for the first time the other day and it is very different id say keep it the way it is, its different and was actually fun

Thread Information