Thread: Climate Change - Will the new climate change deal work?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Default Climate Change - Will the new climate change deal work?

Hi folks,

I'm a climate skeptic and think the Sun has more to do with climate effects than "man-made" influence. Given Paris, I was wondering if you think this new deal will work? Seems dubious and I have 1.5% faith in it.

http://qz.com/575430/a-single-word-a...nge-agreement/

I reckon there's a lot of Government agents profiting off this propaganda.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

The focus on "global warming" seems stupid to me when there are so many other factors at play. But I guess the average person doesn't know or care about ocean acidification or the soil microbiome.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

I really like the deal. I like how it calls for developed countries to help developing and poorer countries to cut emissions. It calls for additional meetings to check progress. And the 'Should' and 'Shall' issue got worked out so I don't have any grips from what I've seen. Obama has done good on another deal.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Caring about our planet is good yes, but I personally don't think we can do anything about it. the earth was once in an ice age, it's up to mother nature IMO.
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

I read somewhere that climate change was a propaganda tool used by the elite to tax consumers more in the form of higher prices and subsidies to producers of "clean" energy without any effect on climate at all. Essentially a double tax.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    Caring about our planet is good yes, but I personally don't think we can do anything about it. the earth was once in an ice age, it's up to mother nature IMO.
    milankovitch cycles are closely related to ice ages. Which do not have anything to do with carbon in the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikiwi View Post
    I read somewhere that climate change was a propaganda tool used by the elite to tax consumers more in the form of higher prices and subsidies to producers of "clean" energy without any effect on climate at all. Essentially a double tax.
    The elites would have had to pay off almost every single climate scientist then...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Do you remember if the place you read this also provided evidence of this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Do you remember if the place you read this also provided evidence of this?
    No evidence unfortunately, but wouldn't that make for a great movie I imagine the world's best kept secrets are secrets for a reason Does seem rather suspicious though re: man made versus mother nature and other climate change variables

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    Luckily it doesn't matter what you personally think, the evidence says otherwise. The Earth has been through several ice ages, and it is indeed a part of a cycle, but never before has climate change occurred at such a pace in such a short amount of time. There is literally no dispute, anthropogenic climate change is 100% real and 100% accelerated by humans. If we don't do what we can to stop it now, billions will die.

I also read once that 9/11 was an inside job planned by the Illuminati for their Reptilian overlords. Either way, it's obviously bullshit.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)

Very slightly off-topic

But this video is very great

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    Very slightly off-topic

But this video is very great

Good video - but its also very one sided. Have you seen this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_G...Global_warming

Giaever has said man-made global warming is a "new religion."[10] In the minority report released by the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in March 2009,[11] Giaever said, "I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion."[11][12]

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Good video - but its also very one sided. Have you seen this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_G...Global_warming
    Great video. It's only "one sided" because it debunks climate skeptics. If it were a video agreeing with your position, you wouldn't even think of the words "one sided".

Giaever has said man-made global warming is a "new religion."[10] In the minority report released by the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in March 2009,[11] Giaever said, "I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion."[11][12]
    Giaver is a physicist, not a climate scientist. While he's surely capable of drawing his own conclusions based on the publicly available science, he's also one man. Scientific consensus isn't easily achieved, and when 97 per cent of the world's scientists all reach a consensus, that's a pretty fucking rare thing. There is no more debate, there is no more "oh, but what about this, or that?", there is no more doubt that anthropogenic climate change is happening right now. You either inform yourself, or you continue to be ignorant and come out on the wrong side of history. Up to you.

Oh, NASA also disagrees with him and they generally know what they're talking about.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

i dont think so, they say just things to please us, but they will not do it.

Thread Information