Thread: Yellow Minimap Dot Color ID Changing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default Yellow Minimap Dot Color ID Changing?

So I have been using OgLib for scripting lately and am loving it (got my first ever 2 hr+ proggy on my own script today ) but have stumbled across an issue and need some ideas on how to fix it.

My walking procedure basically clicks based on the location of a yellow dot on the minimap (which I find by checking the color ID to see if it is actually yellow and not a nearby red), but every single time I reload the client the color ID of the yellow dot changes, breaking my walking. Any ideas on how to fix?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanar View Post
    So I have been using OgLib for scripting lately and am loving it (got my first ever 2 hr+ proggy on my own script today ) but have stumbled across an issue and need some ideas on how to fix it.

My walking procedure basically clicks based on the location of a yellow dot on the minimap (which I find by checking the color ID to see if it is actually yellow and not a nearby red), but every single time I reload the client the color ID of the yellow dot changes, breaking my walking. Any ideas on how to fix?
    Try adjusting your color tolerance to a value that will ensure the search's success. The default value is 4, and should probably be returned to after your dot search.

Simba Code:
    procedure someProcedure();
    begin
      ogl.setColourTolerance(someHigherValue);
      myDotSearch();
      ogl.setColourTolerance(4);
    end;

This is one of the textures that has changing IDs. Similarly, model IDs for granite change every client load. This is one of the reasons we have avoided creating a public database of IDs.

If you come up with a color tolerance that works (and does not false positive for the other dots) please share! Perhaps we can create a 100% working minimap.getDots() procedure for ogLib.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Try adjusting your color tolerance to a value that will ensure the search's success. The default value is 4, and should probably be returned to after your dot search.

Simba Code:
    procedure someProcedure();
    begin
      ogl.setColourTolerance(someHigherValue);
      myDotSearch();
      ogl.setColourTolerance(4);
    end;

This is one of the textures that has changing IDs. Similarly, model IDs for granite change every client load. This is one of the reasons we have avoided creating a public database of IDs.

If you come up with a color tolerance that works (and does not false positive for the other dots) please share! Perhaps we can create a 100% working minimap.getDots() procedure for ogLib.
    Thanks for the fast reply! I will be sure to give this a shot tomorrow, I'm too tired today. Thanks again and I'll try to get that number!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

I've never really seen that. Dots have always had the same colourID for me. Please post your results!

If all else fails, you could just grab all dots, by textureID, and use the lowest colourID (since yellow < white - I believe).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    I've never really seen that. Dots have always had the same colourID for me. Please post your results!

If all else fails, you could just grab all dots, by textureID, and use the lowest colourID (since yellow < white - I believe).
    The yellow dot (and all dots) have changed colorID Every. Single. Time. I relog. It doesn't seem to have any correlation to the other dots, sometimes it is the highest number other times the lowest. I am finding it next to a red dot btw.

Update: I tried to adjust tolerance today and to be completely honest had no idea what I was doing and gave up when I kept returning zeroes. I did just have a sudden realization of a way that would work though and have begun to write that up instead. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information