Thread: I am impressed. (Introduction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Thumbs up I am impressed. (Introduction)

Hi, I am new here.

Before registering the forums officially I had spent some time lurking the forums. As the title implies, I am quite impressed what this community has to offer. I have never seen another botting community that emphasizes programming as much as what is present here, I'd even say that this community embodies an open source-like nature (well, it does. lol). The features that are included by botting with SRL(being color based and usage of reflection) - intuitively - is some of the best techniques to apply to botting, and this is accessible without fee. Only recently have other botting sites have implemented the reflection feature, but it is only accessible (pretty much always) by paying a monthly fee.

To be honest, I was very unsure about coming back to Runescape due to the high ban rates. Now, I feel confident. I plan to learn Simba and start creating scripts (maybe for public use). I have a formal education in Java, so it shouldn't take long to pickup (hopefully).
    Last edited by Immortan; 01-08-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Welcome to the boards!

I would encourage you to stick to the colour side of things when exploring Simba. I find it infinitely more rewarding compared to reflection. Unfortunately there has been an obvious dip in the number of quality colour scripts since the availability of a public reflection include which is a massive shame considering this community was grown from Simba's capability as a colour bot.

As you have identified, there are a huge number of resources available for your learning. Given your familiarity with Java already I would recommend the following threads for going over the syntax of Lape/Pascal:

Lape - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105024
    Beginner Tutorial - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935
    Style Guide - http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/StyleGuide.htm

Best of luck!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honeyhoney View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

I would encourage you to stick to the colour side of things when exploring Simba. I find it infinitely more rewarding compared to reflection. Unfortunately there has been an obvious dip in the number of quality colour scripts since the availability of a public reflection include which is a massive shame considering this community was grown from Simba's capability as a colour bot.

As you have identified, there are a huge number of resources available for your learning. Given your familiarity with Java already I would recommend the following threads for going over the syntax of Lape/Pascal:

Lape - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105024
    Beginner Tutorial - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935
    Style Guide - http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/StyleGuide.htm

Best of luck!
    Growth is never a shame. Maybe one day the reflection side will die, who knows? But Simba will not.

Embrace it while we have it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Growth is never a shame. Maybe one day the reflection side will die, who knows? But Simba will not.

Embrace it while we have it.
    You're absolutely right. There's no shame in growth!

I was merely expressing my disappointment that colour now appears less popular in favour of reflection.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honeyhoney View Post
    Why i think the rise in reflection? Well simply put, ban rates are almost negligible; there is far less room for error and bugs - whereas i had a nightmare of a time trying to use colour bots to mature an acc. The other thing is the colour bots over time need bmp/dtms updated. (While maintaining scripts, our knowledge does't grow, Then we eventually look to new projects while the old become discarded - reflection script have a longer shelf life)

So i am not sure how colour is more rewarding other than personal preference. But with all that said, look out for 'Pumba', if this is released open-source and available for the community to sink their teeth, i would suggest a massive surge in colour bots; all though colour written in 'JAVA' - as the community actively migrates to the next phase.

***Firstly a warm welcome and my apologies i rudely didn't welcome our new member to the forum, Brak has nailed everything on the head. Take a look around as there are many projects going on at the moment and everybody is keen to help where they can.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Welcome to Villavu.com and the SRL community. Community participation is highly valued here. As you have noticed this is a free knowledge and growth resource community. Odds are if you have a question someone will be around to answer it or at least point you in the proper direction of the answer. While the information is free we do expect our users to learn. If nothing else you will learn over time while being exposed to the areas of scripts that you choose to use. If you use someone's script watch it for a bit make sure it's doing what it's supposed to before just leaving it and then provide quality feedback to that scripter. This will help both you and the scripter. You will get a peace of mind that your account is in safe hands and the scripter can learn and grow.

Again welcome to our community and I hope to see good things from you in the future.

E: fellas let's keep this thread on topic and not about color vs reflection.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Just to make things clear, I said color in my post because I didn't read up on it enough to understand what it implies in terms of what impact it has had in the past. Doesn't really matter though because I'll be using reflection.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Colour still has it place; and the library is just as sufficient as reflection. It would be well worth the time to at-least familiarise yourself with the AeroLib include if you can.

I started at colour as most did and slowly migrated; but both are great starting points, having an active team; if i can call it that (Flight - maintains AeroLib) && (Kyle* - maintains reflection) working behind the scenes.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    Elfy - maintains reflection
    Kyle. Pls.

OT: Welcome! This is an amazing place if you want to learn. I started scripting less than a year ago and it's crazy how much I've progressed.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

You're impressed? I thought you were Immortan!

/dadjokes

Welcome to SRL!
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Welcome to the forums! You should be able to pickup pascal in no time (just get used to using begins and ends instead of {})

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Welcome, enjoy your stay, and feel free to try and learn how to code. It's relatively straight forward once you understand the logical component.

Thread Information