Thread: 48 hr Ban - what now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Default 48 hr Ban - what now?

Ok, so I just got handed a 48 hour ban.

Over the last 10 years ive recieved 5 "Macroing Minor (ban)" bans. 4 of which were all in the same year 6 years ago. I dont have any experience with bans in the last few years though, so im not sure how they usually end up and how safe I am from now on.

So now, ive just been handed a "Bot Busting Moderate (ban)" ban.
    From what I can tell, this one is because someone reported me? Someone literally walked over, saw me doing something, maybe chatted to me and reported me? Ive heard of bot busting groups of people roaming the game but never have seen anyone like that.

And what now? My account is in the green still, maxed out in it, but still green.
    "If you commit the offence again you will be banned permanently."

Does anyone have any experience in how valid this statement is? If I get caught again, even though im still 'Safe' in the green, is it usually a perm? Or just a harsher temp?

Been a player since almost the games creation and a paying member for probably half of it (member for last 7 months straight)

And does anyone know if that carries over once the offence has expired? In 1 year, will I be likely to just get another temp ban or is the perm ban statement pretty solid?

I only have about 5 skills left till im completely maxed... I want to know when I should start botting again to be the 'safest'. Play legit for a few weeks? months? the whole year? This is my one and only account, my main which is nearing maxed cape, has master quest cape and only 4 steps away from completionist cape. I have no interest in starting another account nor do I really want to actually grind the remaining levels myself. So if this account is lost, thats it for me forever.

I think I got done for botting at a known bot place - Thieves Guild. I just finished botting 6 other skills but all were either bank standing or in hugely populated areas. Was only doing it for 3 days so far, about 4-6 hour stints, breaking for ports, dailys or just shutting it off for a few hours.

The levels I have left to bot
    Div - Nowhere else to bot, but if done on populated worlds, it shouldnt be found out
    Hunter - Tricky, only one person can do lizards at once, so its not hard to find people and check for botting
    Construction - easy. House ensures no one can follow and watch
    RC - is the Runespan safe to bot in or is it watched?
    Prayer - Seren Stones too risky?
    Summoning - Lots of walking, should be ok
    Thieving - Thieves Guild is out. What reliable other methods are there?

With Jack of Trades, Penguins, Port Exp Missions and Trolls... I probably average 30k free exp in a chosen skill per day, so if one skill is too hard to bot safely, I can level that up in the time it takes me to bot the rest.
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 01-08-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

This isn't within my scope of expertise; as i bot osrs. But osrs ban are 12 months then expire; I personally wouldn't bot on account for at least 6 months after an OSRS ban. I downgraded my vet acc back to full blown botting status after 6 month(ish) the ban has just expired this month.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I've got a feeling the 48 hour bans (bot busting moderate) are automatic system bans, you get this when your account has a decent total level(and if you aren't botting loads of other accounts or have been caught loads on the same ip) These automated system bans are only 48 hours since it's a system that checks you and it could be wrong, if a real person checks your account it's 9/10 times a permanent ban no matter what level you are. These bans occur when your script bugs/lag or a highly botwatched area. I'd recommend you to stop botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I believe the policy is now - temp ban first, perm next time. There is no expiring as far as I know. In addition it is also thought that after a temp your account will be more severely monitored by their automated system.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

There most defiantly is an expiry for osrs and 2 days bans are 'report' bans as far as i know. A bug ban or script which is to simple ban are perm on osrs.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Yeah, for some reason before I could bot loads and no bans but now lately I'm getting banned each time I try something. I remember osrs was tempban but they changed it to perm ban each time.
    Is rs3 first warning then perm ban and osrs perm ban straight away?

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mur205 View Post
    Yeah, for some reason before I could bot loads and no bans but now lately I'm getting banned each time I try something. I remember osrs was tempban but they changed it to perm ban each time.
    Is rs3 first warning then perm ban and osrs perm ban straight away?
    they still give temp bans (rare)

Thread Information