Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Use your hardware mouse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Do we know if Jagex is now using those hooks to check if input is hardware or not on OSRS. Earlier in this thread (2016) it was there but not used.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasstraliss View Post
    Do we know if Jagex is now using those hooks to check if input is hardware or not on OSRS. Earlier in this thread (2016) it was there but not used.
    Doesn't use them in OSRS.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Sorry for the massive gravedig, been doing lots of research on this lately, finally got somewhere after a few nights of messing about, c# controlled kernel driver mouse / keyboard, no virtual input flags at all that I could find.

"Why, the callback is empty, they don't monitor it, etc"

People will debate this till the end of time, I actually wanted this for other games with anticheat software, but if we remove the possibility of this being an issue, then we don't have to talk about it anymore right, so why not do it??

"Why are you using sockets to control the mouse?"

I'm an idiot and not smart enough to figure out how to wrap a dll with lazarus or c++ into a simba plugin, so I did the quick and dirty socket server to send commands to, and have a c# app run the driver commands, ignore the 100, 100 in console, I assumed I'd have to pass in a x/y on where to hold the mouse but it ended up not needing that as it just clicks where your current mouse is (makes sense now I think about it as it's not a virtual mouse).

I didn't write 90% of the stuff going on here, I just brought a load of github projects together, sadly I'm not that smart

drivermouse.jpg

If anyone wants to help me turn this into a plugin for simba and has experience loading external dll's in a simba plugin, let me know!
    Last edited by DannyRS; 07-19-2020 at 09:21 AM.

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

@Danny RS which kernel module are you using? I found one that was proprietary and kind of shady.

Recently I found https://github.com/cezanne/usbip-win. It is an update of the USBIP project from the Linux kernel tree version. It requires you to enable testsigning but appears to work. USBIP allows you to, at least on Linux, easily create a fake local USB loopback device.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information