Thread: Setup Question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Default Setup Question

Hey guys, I've used the scripts successfully for a couple of weeks now, but for the last couple of days I have been having trouble. What first happened was that smart loaded but didn't log in. I tried some fixes, but none of them worked so I decided to reinstall everything. Now, I am getting the "can't spawn smart" error. I have gotten this many times before, but this time none of the things I tried worked. I just want to ask you where you download the files from. This is where I downloaded:

simba (i clicked the first link and put on desktop): http://nala.villavu.com/downloads/ol...5b46e52ad42c5/

aerolib (i follow these instructions): https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...16#post1294416

java runtime environment (i downloaded jre-8u72-windows-i586.tar.gz): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-2133155.html

i used 7zip and made a new java folder in program files (x86) and added the environment variables path C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_72\bin;. I also ran it an administrator.

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

UPDATE: okay so i've gotten back to the point where smart loads, but still doesn't log in. A warning pops up saying that it can't find java in the path, but the path is correct so i'm not sure what's going on there. It seems like most of the stuf that comes up from searching deals with pre aerolib so it doesn't really pertain to this haha.

UPDATE: so, i don't know if this was the reason, but I deleted everything that said "jagex" on my computer, even the official client and now it works. I still get the can't find java warning though.
    Last edited by rkh3544; 01-31-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rkh3544 View Post
    Hey guys, I've used the scripts successfully for a couple of weeks now, but for the last couple of days I have been having trouble. What first happened was that smart loaded but didn't log in. I tried some fixes, but none of them worked so I decided to reinstall everything. Now, I am getting the "can't spawn smart" error. I have gotten this many times before, but this time none of the things I tried worked. I just want to ask you where you download the files from. This is where I downloaded:

simba (i clicked the first link and put on desktop): http://nala.villavu.com/downloads/ol...5b46e52ad42c5/

aerolib (i follow these instructions): https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...16#post1294416

java runtime environment (i downloaded jre-8u72-windows-i586.tar.gz): http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-2133155.html

i used 7zip and made a new java folder in program files (x86) and added the environment variables path C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_72\bin;. I also ran it an administrator.

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

UPDATE: okay so i've gotten back to the point where smart loads, but still doesn't log in. A warning pops up saying that it can't find java in the path, but the path is correct so i'm not sure what's going on there. It seems like most of the stuf that comes up from searching deals with pre aerolib so it doesn't really pertain to this haha.

UPDATE: so, i don't know if this was the reason, but I deleted everything that said "jagex" on my computer, even the official client and now it works. I still get the can't find java warning though.
    Uh.. I'm not sure what you mean by "now it works".. Did the client spawn and also give you a warning about the wrong java path?

Here's something I quickly skimmed from google:

How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

Setting Path on Windows

Windows 8
    1. Drag the Mouse pointer to the Right bottom corner of the screen
    2. Click on the Search icon and type: Control Panel
    3. Click on -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    4. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    5. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
    6. Close the window.
    7. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Windows 7
    1. Select Computer from the Start menu
    2. Choose System Properties from the context menu
    3. Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab
    4. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    5. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
    6. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Windows XP
    1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
    4. Close the window.
    5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Windows Vista
    1. Right click My Computer icon
    2. Choose Properties from the context menu
    3. Click Advanced tab (Advanced system settings link in Vista)
    4. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.

Setting Path on Solaris and Linux
    To find out if the java executable is in your PATH, execute:
    % java -version

This will print the version of the java executable, if it can find it. If you get error java: Command not found. Then path is not properly set.

To find out which java executable the first one found in your PATH, execute:
    % which java

Below are the steps to set the PATH permanently,
    Note: We are here giving instructions for two most popular Shells on Linux and Solaris.
    Please visit link below if you are using any other shells.
    Path Setting Tutorial

For bash Shell:
    1. Edit the startup file (~/ .bashrc)
    2. Modify PATH variable:
      PATH="$PATH":/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin
    3. export PATH
    4. Save and close the file
    5. Open new Terminal window
    6. Verify the PATH is set properly
      % java -version

For C Shell (csh):
    1. Edit startup file (~/ .cshrc)
    2. Set Path
      set path="$PATH":/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin
    3. Save and Close the file
    4. Open new Terminal window
    5. Verify the PATH is set properly
      % java -version
    Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; 02-03-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    Uh.. I'm not sure what you mean by "now it works".. Did the client spawn and also give you a warning about the wrong java path?

Here's something I quickly skimmed from google:

How do I set or change the PATH system variable?

Setting Path on Windows

Windows 8
    1. Drag the Mouse pointer to the Right bottom corner of the screen
    2. Click on the Search icon and type: Control Panel
    3. Click on -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    6. Close the window.
    7. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Windows 7
    1. Select Computer from the Start menu
    2. Choose System Properties from the context menu
    3. Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab
    6. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

Windows XP
    1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
    2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
    3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
    4. Close the window.

Windows Vista
    1. Right click My Computer icon
    2. Choose Properties from the context menu
    3. Click Advanced tab (Advanced system settings link in Vista)
    4. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.

Setting Path on Solaris and Linux
    To find out if the java executable is in your PATH, execute:
    % java -version

This will print the version of the java executable, if it can find it. If you get error java: Command not found. Then path is not properly set.

To find out which java executable the first one found in your PATH, execute:
    % which java

Below are the steps to set the PATH permanently,
    Note: We are here giving instructions for two most popular Shells on Linux and Solaris.
    Please visit link below if you are using any other shells.
    Path Setting Tutorial

For bash Shell:
    1. Edit the startup file (~/ .bashrc)
    2. Modify PATH variable:
      PATH="$PATH":/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin
    3. export PATH
    4. Save and close the file
    5. Open new Terminal window
    6. Verify the PATH is set properly
      % java -version

For C Shell (csh):
    1. Edit startup file (~/ .cshrc)
    2. Set Path
      set path="$PATH":/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/bin
    3. Save and Close the file
    4. Open new Terminal window
    5. Verify the PATH is set properly
      % java -version
    yea i did that lol. i still get the warning, but i can connect to smart and run the scripts now. For some reason, every time I log on through the official client it messes up w/ smart. All i need to do to get it working again is to delete 1 preference file from the jagex cache. I have no idea why though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rkh3544 View Post
    yea i did that lol. i still get the warning, but i can connect to smart and run the scripts now. For some reason, every time I log on through the official client it messes up w/ smart. All i need to do to get it working again is to delete 1 preference file from the jagex cache. I have no idea why though.
    That is strange.. Well at least it's working for you now.. I don't think that jagex client files should be affecting smart like that.. Maybe ask Olly about it or one of the devs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    That is strange.. Well at least it's working for you now.. I don't think that jagex client files should be affecting smart like that.. Maybe ask Olly about it or one of the devs
    haha thanks for the tip. it's definitely something wrong w/ my setup because on my other computer it's perfectly fine.

Thread Information