Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permabanned for using Simba/SMART?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default Permabanned for using Simba/SMART?

Here's an odd one.

Rather than use the browser I often use the SMART client even when playing legit. Makes it easier if I feel like doing some scripting.

So I fire up Simba and run an empty script long enough to load SMART. Login manually and less than a minute later lag off. (Connection lost for a sec followed by login screen).

When I attempt to login tells me I am banned. Just like that. Login to message center to find not one but two messages one after the other. Both messages are identical. The first message was sent at exactly the time I got kicked off the system, the second a minute later.

Our macro detection system has been monitoring your account closely and has detected that you are using illegal 3rd party software which violates the rules of the game and breaches your terms of service with Jagex.

Our team have reviewed the evidence and can confirm that you were using illegal botting software.

Jagex are able to accurately detect all illegal 3rd party software and any promises from their makers about being "totally undetectable" or "no ban guaranteed" are inaccurate. As such your account has been permanently removed from game.

This is not an appealable offence and we will not review it should you contact us by email, ticket or social media.

Please take this time to familiarise yourself with the rules should you wish to create another account.

Regards,
    Jagex
    Simba/SMART is the only software I use to access the game. I never use the browser even though I mostly play legit. We know Simba is detectable but they never seemed to care previously. I wonder if where you are in game makes a difference? Was standing in Mining Guild when I logged in + using Simba/SMART = High potential for botting = ban??? Only other thing I can think of is the last time I logged in a few days ago was trying to get some colors for a script so was logging in/out a lot.
    Last edited by Bixby Sayz; 02-06-2016 at 03:18 AM.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

How often were you botting on this account? I don't think it this is a matter of them detecting SMART, but rather just a player report and the subsequent reviewal process by Jagex. If you were not botting, or botting very infrequently, then this could be of concern.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

What gamemode? (OSRS/RS3)

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

The post from Jagex is very interesting.. are you using VPN's? Multiple Accs? Suspect an IP flag?

<------------------>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    The post from Jagex is very interesting.. are you using VPN's? Multiple Accs? Suspect an IP flag?
    I always thought IP flags were more of a myth?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
    I always thought IP flags were more of a myth?
    No, they're not. IP flags and HWID flags are very much real and are being used daily. A member of this forum (maybe @Citrus; ?) literally can't even access the game anymore.

@OP bans have always been delayed. Sometimes up to 3 weeks+. You had already been flagged and set for ban, it was just a matter of time. It just so happened you were legit-ing when it happened.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    No, they're not. IP flags and HWID flags are very much real and are being used daily. A member of this forum (maybe @Citrus; ?) literally can't even access the game anymore.

@OP bans have always been delayed. Sometimes up to 3 weeks+. You had already been flagged and set for ban, it was just a matter of time. It just so happened you were legit-ing when it happened.
    "literally can't even access the game" is a bit of a stretch, but basically this. I had a little farm, a botted main, and a few mules that had never botted, only played on official client. All were banned for macroing. If I make a new account it gets banned the minute I buy a bond.
    This only applies to RS3 though. I botted DS for a while but stopped because it's so dead. Been thinking about trying OS but I'm pretty busy these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hm, this seems strange that only now you would be getting banned.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

It would appear that bans have been occurring a lot during the month of January.. some of these bans may be delayed even up-to now.

Why the bans all of a sudden? i guess because of all the major updates happening, other jagex staff have decided to be active as they more than likely don't contribute to in-game updates... They want to be apart of the action too.

I doubt jagex has updated there botwatch or what ever they call it these days... but reports are more actively checked.

PS****

Did we get a confirmation on which game it was? osrs/rs3?

<------------------>

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I agree with the delayed-ban theory, as the bank says it's common knowledge that Jagex will delay your ban for a couple weeks. It's done so bot makers and script writers can't nail down exactly what they were doing when they were detected.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Sorry was tied in IRL with stuff.

Was RS3. Used to bot on the account a lot but haven't in a long long time. For the last year have only used account to develop/test scripts, always when no other players around. Haven't used the account much at all in the last few months.

Recent history of the account: Cleaned out bank and sold off everything couple months back. Since then logged in occasionally for a few hours here and there to test/develop scripts. Never anyone around when doing it. Let membership expire then last week renewed membership but haven't done much with it other than log in, play treasure hunter, and logout.

Few days back spent a couple hours logging in/out getting some colors with ACA aid. Haven't logged into it since. Then logged into account, started playing treasure hunter and game lagged. When I tried to log back in *boom* banned.

Just really odd. Tried a throwaway account on same machine and no problems...
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

strictly my own opinion, but from what I can see, anyone who has done a farm that was decently large and uses "popular" methods have been flagged down either by HWID or IP..
    < have formatted PC, but i heard something about your dynamic IP or w/e can't be changed? have tried re-setting my router etc. have no clue in this field >

I literally can't bot more than 3 accounts overnight ( members ) without them turning up dead the next morning.
    (currently trying to re-level 3 up and test if they will last more than 2 days )
    if I add one more account to the farm and they will all get banned overnight without a doubt. ( i've been through 2 cycles of these. 2/2 is good enough to make it a fact for me. )

I used to run a 30 man army making decent gold until I got shut down and from then on, i've been pretty much stuck in a loop where I make accounts, buy a bond, bot a few hours / 2 days max, and then bam. banned.

now I don't know what to do with my computers... it feels like a waste leaving them sitting collecting dust
    my sister's boyfriend gave me his old gaming PC, have yet to fire it up, but apparently its pretty decent XD

anyone need to test a script with 40 accounts? lol

Ever want to know what it feels like to lose and keep track of banned accounts?

Each one of these were highly leveled accounts
    There are 25 here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Your ip address is assigned to you by your ISP. Unless your ISP changes your IP address, it won't change. If you are going to try botting that many accounts, I would look into using a proxy, it masks your IP by doing IP -> anotherIP -> Website so the website thinks it is anotherIp instead of your IP. Its extremely easy to filter IPs and see if someone is running 25 bots from a single IP.
    Last edited by Mj; 02-08-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

i am pretty sure runescape team can see your ip and flag you down, but bannig by computer id that's something i don't belive they have that but you can test this by creating a virtual machine and playing there i recommend doing it with win7 since it is fairly used, with the ip you can use a vpn(will probably rekt your account) and change your ip by talking to the isp or just turning off the router and turning on it works for most of the people

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdick69 View Post
    i am pretty sure runescape team can see your ip and flag you down, but bannig by computer id that's something i don't belive they have that but you can test this by creating a virtual machine and playing there i recommend doing it with win7 since it is fairly used, with the ip you can use a vpn(will probably rekt your account) and change your ip by talking to the isp or just turning off the router and turning on it works for most of the people
    Client iterates through all of your devices and builds a system identifier from their MAC addresses.

L2ClientHack

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    strictly my own opinion, but from what I can see, anyone who has done a farm that was decently large and uses "popular" methods have been flagged down either by HWID or IP..
    < have formatted PC, but i heard something about your dynamic IP or w/e can't be changed? have tried re-setting my router etc. have no clue in this field >

I literally can't bot more than 3 accounts overnight ( members ) without them turning up dead the next morning.
    (currently trying to re-level 3 up and test if they will last more than 2 days )
    if I add one more account to the farm and they will all get banned overnight without a doubt. ( i've been through 2 cycles of these. 2/2 is good enough to make it a fact for me. )

I used to run a 30 man army making decent gold until I got shut down and from then on, i've been pretty much stuck in a loop where I make accounts, buy a bond, bot a few hours / 2 days max, and then bam. banned.

now I don't know what to do with my computers... it feels like a waste leaving them sitting collecting dust
    my sister's boyfriend gave me his old gaming PC, have yet to fire it up, but apparently its pretty decent XD

anyone need to test a script with 40 accounts? lol

Ever want to know what it feels like to lose and keep track of banned accounts?

Each one of these were highly leveled accounts
    There are 25 here.

Separate script for each account, why?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    SRL has moved from multiple account support to scripts written for one account. Although there are ways to get it to work, multiple scripts is by far the easiest. Especially for running multiple at once.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

what the bank said,

using the SRL player manager was getting stressful because if simba crashes and or anything else happens, the SRL player manager might revert back to the old army etc etc and you'd have to re-update the army, I just find it much, much more stress free making a separate file for each account.

also it was same script with changes between each ban, that obviously bore no fruit lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

also it was same script with changes between each ban, that obviously bore no fruit lol
    What do you mean? ..small changes to every script did not decrease the ban rate?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

yeah.

im currently running same script that has gotten the last few ones banned and its been 26hrs no ban. only difference is one client instead of 4

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

yeah.

im currently running same script that has gotten the last few ones banned and its been 26hrs no ban. only difference is one client instead of 4

lol
    So it is best to let a script cycle through your army instead of trying to run all at once

wonder what happens when you play legit on your main, while also botting..

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudda_fudda View Post
    Your ip address is assigned to you by your ISP. Unless your ISP changes your IP address, it won't change. If you are going to try botting that many accounts, I would look into using a proxy, it masks your IP by doing IP -> anotherIP -> Website so the website thinks it is anotherIp instead of your IP. Its extremely easy to filter IPs and see if someone is running 25 bots from a single IP.
    Pretty sure it's not 1993, so like 99% of people have dynamic IPs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Pretty sure it's not 1993, so like 99% of people have dynamic IPs.
    I see you didn't read my post. Your ISP changing your IP would fall under dynamic IP. That still doesn't help the fact that if you run 25 bots at the same time, they are all running from the same IP, unless you are using a proxy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

In AUS you get a static IP by default... You generally pay up-to $10 a month extra for dynamic.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mudda_fudda View Post
    I see you didn't read my post. Your ISP changing your IP would fall under dynamic IP. That still doesn't help the fact that if you run 25 bots at the same time, they are all running from the same IP, unless you are using a proxy.
    Right, but that makes it sound like you have to request for you ISP to change it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information