Thread: I can't spawn smart client for the life of me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default I can't spawn smart client for the life of me

I have tried everything suggested. I am on a 32 bit computer, latest java installed. Opening as administrator, and it is located as 'C:/simba'

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

What output is given in the debug box?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manicblur View Post
    I have tried everything suggested. I am on a 32 bit computer, latest java installed. Opening as administrator, and it is located as 'C:/simba'
    Where is the location of the script? If it's anywhere outside of C:\Simba\Scripts you need to move it to that location as I've had scenarios where it was another folder deeper (ex. C:\Simba\Scripts\User\) and wouldn't spawn due to the location.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Latest java version can be a problem to some users. I for one can't launch smart with java 8+.
    I would suggest completely uninstalling all the java versions you have through the control panel.
    Then find java 7, make sure it's 32-bit version. This might solve your problem.

If it doesn't you could also try re-installing simba because it sets the environmental variables or whatever that I am unfamiliar with. That solves 90% of the problems I have with smart.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Latest java version can be a problem to some users. I for one can't launch smart with java 8+.
    I would suggest completely uninstalling all the java versions you have through the control panel.
    Then find java 7, make sure it's 32-bit version. This might solve your problem.

If it doesn't you could also try re-installing simba because it sets the environmental variables or whatever that I am unfamiliar with. That solves 90% of the problems I have with smart.
    Right, I also can't use Java 8 so that could be related as well.
    Environment variables has never been an issue for me but if you need assistance with that it's pretty simple (create a backup first) it's pretty hard to screw this up but if you do it can cause some serious issues.

Windows Start Menu > R-Click "Computer" > Properties
    Select "Advanced system settings"
    You should be under System Properties window now
    Go to "Advanced" tab
    At the bottom select "Environment Variables..."
    The bottom half is "System variables" - you need to be under this section.
    Locate the "PATH" variable - then edit.
    Copy the "Variable value:" into notepad (May need to go up to View(?) wordwrap so you can read it easier.
    Then locate the Java path (should be like Java(x86) or something like that. Copy that and move it up closer to the front of the list but behind your %system32% paths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Thank you guys, I was able to fix my problem by copy and pasting my java folder from c:/program files/ to c:/program files (86)/

Simba calls (86) in javapath, that was my issue

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Thank you guys, I was able to fix my problem by copy and pasting my java folder from c:/program files/ to c:/program files (86)/

Simba calls (86) in javapath, that was my issue
    That actually likely means you're running 64-bit Java. In which case simply copying the folder like that could really cause some problems down the road.

Just download and install a 32-bit java environment. The two will run together fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    That actually likely means you're running 64-bit Java. In which case simply copying the folder like that could really cause some problems down the road.

Just download and install a 32-bit java environment. The two will run together fine.
    Appreciate it, but yolo

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Appreciate it, but yolo
    Just keep that in mind when you run into issues next - otherwise your going to be banging your head when you have an issue nobody has heard/seen before.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

yolo
    It's 2016, stop that
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    It's 2016, stop that
    yeah but...yolo

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    yeah but...yolo
    if only i could derep >.>

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    if only i could derep >.>
    hahahaha. love ya too =]

Thread Information