Thread: Jagex sure knows how to piss people off

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Default Jagex sure knows how to piss people off

have you made a new account today?

you get unclosable popups that gray out the rs client, and to top it off theyve pretty much made it impossible to do anything without a flashing bulb leading the way and graying out your screen except for the thing they want you to click.

as far as i know, turning off tips, un-tasking a quest does nothing because the graying out just doesnt go away

hopefully im not breaking any rules, but this really does tick me off.

also the hell is that stupid popup tip box on the top left.... you cant even close it..

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I don't want to say OSR is better than RS3 but... this stuff doesen't happen on OSR because it's better than RS3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

yeah. im pretty much done with rs3 if this stupid shit happens again...off for some nostaglic tutorial island if thats still there

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

This new tutorial has been around forever. It's useful for people completely new to the game. Simply press ESC > Skip Tutorial to skip.
    The other popups generally disappear when you've left the tutorial area (Burthorpe/Tav) or reached a certain total level, I'm not sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    This new tutorial has been around forever. It's useful for people completely new to the game. Simply press ESC > Skip Tutorial to skip.
    The other popups generally disappear when you've left the tutorial area (Burthorpe/Tav) or reached a certain total level, I'm not sure.
    I think he's referring to the "path" system being enabled by default. Extremely annoying...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

EDIT:

EH??? wtf???

I hope i'm not going crazy.. but I just tried to make an account again and I was sent to the tutorial island instead of spawn point....

what.. is going on??

I made two accounts earlier and I didn't go to the tutorial island....

I am so... so confused right now...

everything.. is back to normal......

edit #2 :

once again, i've been sent directly to spawn point... I guess its random now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    EDIT:

EH??? wtf???

I hope i'm not going crazy.. but I just tried to make an account again and I was sent to the tutorial island instead of spawn point....

what.. is going on??

I made two accounts earlier and I didn't go to the tutorial island....

I am so... so confused right now...

everything.. is back to normal......

edit I can't post link :

once again, i've been sent directly to spawn point... I guess its random now?
    no way its random its gotta be fair for every player. that cant be the case. im gonna try and see what happens to me

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    I think he's referring to the "path" system being enabled by default. Extremely annoying...
    If you're referring to when it tells you to do that beginners quest in Lumbrudge right after tutorial island, disable the current task on the Tasks tab and it'll let you teleport and such again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    If you're referring to when it tells you to do that beginners quest in Lumbrudge right after tutorial island, disable the current task on the Tasks tab and it'll let you teleport and such again.
    Yep. I really can't understand why they enable the path system by default suddenly. Although, it does actually make sense.. New player and all...

Also, in regards to where you spawn, they did also change that. I made 5 accounts to test, first was ashdale, second taverly, third taverly, fourth taverly.... fifth ashdale. Very weird. Must be broken

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

[TUTORIAL] How to remove that annoying box on the top left hand corner of the client if you've spawned inside tutorial island.

step 1: skip tutorial
    step 2: click on the clock like icon for Tasks
    step 3: enable the path finding system
    step 4: click accept
    step 5: disable the path finding system

the annoying box on the top left should now disappear

If you've spawned at taverly, then skip to step 5

Thread Information