Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Color vs Reflection? Detection vs Efficiency?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan1 View Post
    How jammy bans bots:

Flag account:
    client heuristics (is client modified? gc rate. os. java version)
    ip (includes flagging blocks if multiple ips are flagged in the block)
    player reports
    player action pattern heuristics
    manually checking accounts in areas

All the data is fed into some machine learning algorithm (neural net?) which provides wealth with which accounts to check on.

After account is flagged:
    manually review account (wealth)
    or ban if detected doing something marked as instaban (tutorial island, red chins)

How do not get banned:
    use a script that is human (very hard cause you are competing with machine learning. easier if you just bot 1 account)
    avoid getting flagged (easier)

there are lots of good papers on bot detection that you can find on google.
    Give this man a medal. Pretty accurate explanation up to the "how to not get banned" section IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)

I think their detection consist two phases.
    1)Automatic. Client detection or player reports, non hardware mouse. Account gets flagged.
    2)Manual. Then jmods sit down and look those flagged acounts, what account is doing and so on. This opinion is based on fact that they said once on livestream that every account is reviewed by human before banning. Therefor botwatch is flawless and decision is final. Livestream was about botanybay on rs3 I think. On OSR would be bit silly to ban thousands of bots manually 1by1 all day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I just bot 1 to 99 Magic on OSRS using an autoclicker in Objective-C on OSX.. no ban for a month now.. I bot it 24/7 but I did it in my player owned house so that I won't get banned. I figured OSX would have less of a chance of getting banned than any other OS since barely anyone uses it and Simba doesn't run well on it.. neither does RSBot (at least for me on Sierra 10.12.5). Level 1 every other skill (level 30 each skill now). Clicked the EXACT same spot every time. I figure Jagex is basing their bans on "Loaded Clients".. like custom loaders or based on player reports.. I did have to give up my mouse for 2 weeks though (sucked). But again, no one knows.. :l
    My arduino bot never got me banned, despite having no antiban measures at all. Currently trying this on linux kernel, so far so good.

It seems like jagex detection algorithm comes down to "hardware mouse", custom loaders and perhaps some kind of process scanning. It explains their complete ban of autohotkey and why they said that using the hd client could get you banned.

edit: it would be really interesting to see if Jagex actually use human-like heuristics to detect bot pattern. It probably wouldn't be too difficult, just use a recurrent neural network to predict the click point of bots. Since they have tons of human data and bot data, it really should be quite easy for them. I am not sure how effective it would be, and I somehow doubt they try this system.
    Last edited by Grunt; 06-04-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    My arduino bot never got me banned, despite having no antiban measures at all. Currently trying this on linux kernel, so far so good.

It seems like jagex detection algorithm comes down to "hardware mouse", custom loaders and perhaps some kind of process scanning. It explains their complete ban of autohotkey and why they said that using the hd client could get you banned.

edit: it would be really interesting to see if Jagex actually use human-like heuristics to detect bot pattern. It probably wouldn't be too difficult, just use a recurrent neural network to predict the click point of bots. Since they have tons of human data and bot data, it really should be quite easy for them. I am not sure how effective it would be, and I somehow doubt they try this system.
    How did you make an arduino bot? Curious to know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I just bot 1 to 99 Magic on OSRS using an autoclicker in Objective-C on OSX.. no ban for a month now.. I bot it 24/7 but I did it in my player owned house so that I won't get banned. I figured OSX would have less of a chance of getting banned than any other OS since barely anyone uses it and Simba doesn't run well on it.. neither does RSBot (at least for me on Sierra 10.12.5). Level 1 every other skill (level 30 each skill now). Clicked the EXACT same spot every time. I figure Jagex is basing their bans on "Loaded Clients".. like custom loaders or based on player reports.. I did have to give up my mouse for 2 weeks though (sucked). But again, no one knows.. :l
    No random location...but did you do random timing for clicks?

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccesssu View Post
    No random location...but did you do random timing for clicks?
    No random timing at all. I used the below code directly.

C++ Code:
    #include <cstdio>
    #include <thread>
    #include <iostream>

#include <dlfcn.h>

#include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h>
    #include <unistd.h>

void moveMouse(CGFloat X, CGFloat Y)
    {
        CGEventRef moveEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventMouseMoved, CGPointMake(X, Y), kCGMouseButtonLeft);
        CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, moveEvent);
        //CGEventPostToPid(process_id, moveEvent); Send event to specific process.
        CFRelease(moveEvent);
    }

void clickMouse(CGFloat X, CGFloat Y, bool left)
    {
        CGEventRef downEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventLeftMouseDown, CGPointMake(X, Y), left ? kCGMouseButtonLeft : kCGMouseButtonRight);
        CGEventRef upEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventLeftMouseUp, CGPointMake(X, Y), left ? kCGMouseButtonLeft : kCGMouseButtonRight);

CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, downEvent);
        CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, upEvent);

CFRelease(downEvent);
        CFRelease(upEvent);
    }

I did sleep for exactly 1200ms after each click to give the interface time to change from the spell to the inventory and account for slight lag.. lol. I'd buy 25K alchs for a day to make sure I don't run out and it ends up clicking empty spell and inventory spots.. After alching like 15K to 18K, I'd use the money to buy more and go back to alching. Sometimes I'd babysit for about 5 mins or check up on it every 4 or 5 hours. Sometimes I'd do a random if I see it in time. I alched in my player owned house so no one could bother me (build mode set to ON or guest mode set to off so others can't enter).
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-27-2017 at 01:25 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

No random timing at all. I used the below code directly.

C++ Code:
    #include <cstdio>
    #include <thread>
    #include <iostream>

#include <dlfcn.h>

#include <ApplicationServices/ApplicationServices.h>
    #include <unistd.h>

void moveMouse(CGFloat X, CGFloat Y)
    {
        CGEventRef moveEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventMouseMoved, CGPointMake(X, Y), kCGMouseButtonLeft);
        CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, moveEvent);
        //CGEventPostToPid(process_id, moveEvent); Send event to specific process.
        CFRelease(moveEvent);
    }

void clickMouse(CGFloat X, CGFloat Y, bool left)
    {
        CGEventRef downEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventLeftMouseDown, CGPointMake(X, Y), left ? kCGMouseButtonLeft : kCGMouseButtonRight);
        CGEventRef upEvent = CGEventCreateMouseEvent(nil, kCGEventLeftMouseUp, CGPointMake(X, Y), left ? kCGMouseButtonLeft : kCGMouseButtonRight);

CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, downEvent);
        CGEventPost(kCGHIDEventTap, upEvent);

CFRelease(downEvent);
        CFRelease(upEvent);
    }

I did sleep for exactly 1200ms after each click to give the interface time to change from the spell to the inventory and account for slight lag.. lol. I'd buy 25K alchs for a day to make sure I don't run out and it ends up clicking empty spell and inventory spots.. After alching like 15K to 18K, I'd use the money to buy more and go back to alching. Sometimes I'd babysit for about 5 mins or check up on it every 4 or 5 hours. Sometimes I'd do a random if I see it in time. I alched in my player owned house so no one could bother me (build mode set to ON or guest mode set to off so others can't enter).
    wow interesting, I figure they would send some sort of data regarding timing between clicks from their client...same with hours played....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information