Thread: Banned using OSbuddy and Simba. What do you thinK?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Question Banned using OSbuddy and Simba. What do you thinK?

Hey everybody just logged in and then linked Simba to my Osbuddy and almost immediately was banned. Is this weird? I have been botting a decent amount lately but for them to ban me immediately right after logging in. I would like to ask you guys what you think about this. Do you think its possible they detected it some how or is it a ban from the night before but they decided to drop it now. Also should I try to fight this? Is it possible I could complain and say that there "shitty" banning system banned me for no reason. Since I was using OSbuddy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

You were caught earlier and got delay banned. Happens all the time to confuse botters and so you can't pinpoint exactly what got you banned. Sorry to hear tho.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Ok thanks. Do you know what the duration of a delay ban is?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jacz24 View Post
    Ok thanks. Do you know what the duration of a delay ban is?
    Login to your account on the RS website and you'll see how long it's for. Prepare for the worst though, it might be a permanent ban.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Login to your account on the RS website and you'll see how long it's for. Prepare for the worst though, it might be a permanent ban.
    Think he meant the delay from when one is caught to when they get banned.

There's no way to know really. IMO they catch you immediately, and the delay can be a day or a month

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Yea, that's what I was talking about. Wow so the delay can be long, didn't know.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Congratulations to OP for being the first user in history to use tags
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I totally used tags on my RSWalker thread, so this guy is the second guy (at best)! ;P
    Last edited by slacky; 02-18-2016 at 01:01 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I think early SRL members is in order

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    Think he meant the delay from when one is caught to when they get banned.

There's no way to know really. IMO they catch you immediately, and the delay can be a day or a month
    Oh oops. After my own experience it's never up to one month, usually just a 1-3 days. I think it would be silly by Jagex to delay-ban up to one month, allowing botters to farm up more gold and give them plenty of time to RWT it before the ban kicks in. Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Oh oops. After my own experience it's never up to one month, usually just a 1-3 days. I think it would be silly by Jagex to delay-ban up to one month, allowing botters to farm up more gold and give them plenty of time to RWT it before the ban kicks in. Just my 2 cents
    It's tiered.

RWT bans are rather instant, especially on known methods. You'll literally just disconnect and be banned.

Skill botting is a little different. Delays of up to a month are not unheard of.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

It was no doubt a delayed ban from botwatch. Simply calling their system shitty will only result in them loling whilst denying your appeal as it's [whilst clearly flawed] one of the best in the industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

do u use osbuddy + simba only? When was the last time you have used smart to bot?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

Well I gave that range because some people mass farm (banned 1-3 days probably) and then there's "mains" who can for sure bot for longer periods. For example my script testing account has been "botting" for months.

I am 100% convinced that Jagex can easily detect EVERY bot, I mean it would be the easiest thing in the world. It's just data gathering from accounts. Data that takes no extra time or resources to receive and check for fishy behaviour since you send it to Jagex anyways just while playing the game. Then there's client detection which I know nothing about, but I've read around that they are absolutely detectable, including SMART.

Really I'm thankful that Jagex is (imo) lenient to "main" accounts. They don't even get perm bans. I think that is, in a way, saying.. "Yes, do bot, just don't go all Chinese on me, and don't make it obvious"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    It's tiered.

RWT bans are rather instant, especially on known methods. You'll literally just disconnect and be banned.

Skill botting is a little different. Delays of up to a month are not unheard of.
    I've probably been perm banned on OSRS 20 times (and I don't goldfarm!), sometimes botting Zulrah and my bans were always delayed a few days tops. No idea how they deal with RWTers and people who run big farms, wouldn't surprise me if they instaban them like you say.

But I can't see any pros in delay-banning someone for up to a month, only cons. A few days is enough to keep us guessing what got us. Until someone reports back they got banned despite not botting for a month, I don't believe a delay that long exists

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)

I've probably been perm banned on OSRS 20 times (and I don't goldfarm!), sometimes botting Zulrah and my bans were always delayed a few days tops. No idea how they deal with RWTers and people who run big farms, wouldn't surprise me if they instaban them like you say.

But I can't see any pros in delay-banning someone for up to a month, only cons. A few days is enough to keep us guessing what got us. Until someone reports back they got banned despite not botting for a month, I don't believe a delay that long exists
    How can you be sure they delayed it a month though?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

They must see some advantages to doing it. You say you don't farm gold but you say had 20 accounts banned.... I think you match the criteria for quick ban by the sounds of it. Were those accounts specifically used for what you were doing or were they "mains"?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kristi View Post
    How can you be sure they delayed it a month though?
    You mean a few days? Mostly because most of those accounts never lasted a full month. And another giveaway was when I switched from botting something relatively safe to something that's considered high banrate, such as Hunter/Agility. A few days after switcing to the higher banrate task, banned. But you truly never really know.. I just don't think Jagex would delayban up to a month.

Quote Originally Posted by skollstagg View Post
    They must see some advantages to doing it. You say you don't farm gold but you say had 20 accounts banned.... I think you match the criteria for quick ban by the sounds of it. Were those accounts specifically used for what you were doing or were they "mains"?
    Literally every single account was a main, botted one at a time. Been botting OSRS since its launch. I really don't goldfarm, I'm against that sort of activity. Goldfarmers probably get 20 accounts banned every week...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

You mean a few days? Mostly because most of those accounts never lasted a full month. And another giveaway was when I switched from botting something relatively safe to something that's considered high banrate, such as Hunter/Agility. A few days after switcing to the higher banrate task, banned. But you truly never really know.. I just don't think Jagex would delayban up to a month.

Literally every single account was a main, botted one at a time. Been botting OSRS since its launch. I really don't goldfarm, I'm against that sort of activity. Goldfarmers probably get 20 accounts banned every week...
    20 accounts banned within a few days (lets say 7), is only 20 weeks. OSRS been out forever...

But maybe it's just your script. I have my tester botting as we speak.. I know I'll get banned eventually but it's been a loooong time now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Ahahaha thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    I totally used tags on my RSWalker thread, so this guy is the second guy (at best)! ;P
    False you are useless I am number one, jk. Wanna say to both you and botting how much help you have been to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    do u use osbuddy + simba only? When was the last time you have used smart to bot?
    I have used SMART in the past but I think at the time it hadn't been for a week.

Thread Information