Thread: Treasure Hunter heart attack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Default Treasure Hunter heart attack.

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but 3 of my accounts had the same thing happen so I'm guessing it's not just me..

if you click treasure hunter, you'll get a " connection lost disconnecting "....

//For those unfamiliar with this message. it pretty much means you're banned

then after 10 seconds later its reloading Runescape.

10 seconds of having a heart attack is no fun Jagex.. stop

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)

Indeed, heart attacks for all! If you do TH like I do, as soon as I log in, then the disconnect comes right at the same time a ban disconnect would happen. I already got a 48-hr ban this morning from a manual ban, so I was flippin' out when these disconnects popped up. It took me a minute or two and a couple different accounts to make the TH connection, but man, it was a stressful couple of minutes lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Don't use reddit / read reddit, probably would have saved me a lot of stress and panic attacks XD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

This must be an issue with their new RuneMetrics system logging things you do, like claiming a prize. (I also get a disconnect just for claiming a prize)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Haha, that's great. Hope they don't fix it, microtransactions need to die.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

if micro-transactions are whats keeping the company afloat / profiting I don't see why so many people hate it :|
    I for one have no complaints about it.. well up until the point where they go WoW style and let you buy levels instantly ( at least with buying skills, you have to bot / work for it lol )

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    if micro-transactions are whats keeping the company afloat / profiting I don't see why so many people hate it :|
    I for one have no complaints about it.. well up until the point where they go WoW style and let you buy levels instantly ( at least with buying skills, you have to bot / work for it lol )
    Because it makes the game p2w, just look at A Friend's series of videos where he tries to max an account using only Treasure Hunter (he's pretty damn close too)

Because it takes development focus away from actual content and redirects it towards "what cosmetic items can we dupe people into buying next???"

There are countless articles on why implementation of MTX is objectively bad for players and the game as a whole

If RS needs to resort to MTX to stay alive, then imo it's got one foot in the grave already
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 02-23-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

A Friend's YT channel is the only one I watch for RS videos actually lol.

the argument with p2w ( IMO ) doesn't really make sense to me, because as it stands I doubt anyone is going to spend a few thousand dollars just to level up their account, and if they do, 9/10 ( I hope ) do it because they can afford it.
    >> rotten spoiled kids can go face-plant into the nearest cement floor >:@
    also I highly doubt they take focus away from content development to work on MTX... if they did then.. I have no argument. :|...

on the flip side, a game that has no cosmetics wouldn't work out either, I mean can you imagine playing a game for 10-20? years without ANY MTX? all the F2P people would be wearing full rune and god/armour

TLDR; I'm neutral on the idea of MTX because I personally think in this day and age, it's a must for MMO/MMORG's to keep up with the new " trend's " and " fashion "

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

A Friend's YT channel is the only one I watch for RS videos actually lol.

the argument with p2w ( IMO ) doesn't really make sense to me, because as it stands I doubt anyone is going to spend a few thousand dollars just to level up their account, and if they do, 9/10 ( I hope ) do it because they can afford it.
    >> rotten spoiled kids can go face-plant into the nearest cement floor >:@
    Yeah you can make the argument that people wouldn't actually spend thousands of dollars to attain high-levels via MTX, but the point is that it's possible. A Friend's video series is just proof-of-concept.

also I highly doubt they take focus away from content development to work on MTX... if they did then.. I have no argument. :|...
    Depends on how much they really make from MTX. We don't know. We do know that they have an entire team devoted to it, so that's at least a little bit of a manpower sink. If you were making large sums of money from a certain game mechanic, though, wouldn't it make sense to direct more effort towards it?

RS existed just fine for about 10 years without any MTX. Jagex used a freemium subscription model for the longest time. I don't think anybody can argue against the fact that RuneScape's popularity has declined a ton in recent years... it's no coincidence that the introduction of MTX matches up pretty well with that decline.

on the flip side, a game that has no cosmetics wouldn't work out either, I mean can you imagine playing a game for 10-20? years without ANY MTX? all the F2P people would be wearing full rune and god/armour
    For the longest time, all the high-level free players did wear full rune and god armor. That was the absolute top-tier equipment on the free servers. There were no cosmetics. And that was just fine.

tl;dr companies need money but MTX is (imo) an unethical way of getting it and causes more harm than good. And if a game developer feels it needs to keep up with "trends" and "fashion" badly enough to introduce MTX (which is an incredibly controversial subject no matter which side you're on) then I don't think that's a game I want to play.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 02-23-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

MTX isn't controversial at all in my opinion to be completely honest. If Jagex wants more money and wants to make RS P2W, it's completely their prerogative. They don't specifically have any obligation to cater to free players or even players in general (of course, if they abuse this too much then people will actually quit; however, for RS that threshold is probably extremely high).

I just know that in the many games with MTX I've seen, people almost always whine and threaten to stop playing; however, they never actually talk with their wallets because they're either too addicted or just can't bear the thought of falling behind in the P2W race. This is how all of the chinese/korean cash grab games operate. In RS this is prevalent with many people going for max XP rates by rolling for all the outfits and whatnot from TH. For every person like @KeepBotting; who might be able to actually quit over a disagreement over MTX there will be several who are not able to. RS addiction is like smoking, when I used to play it; it was like a cancer that I knew was bad but was powerless to stop. That's why I sold my accounts.

In terms of money made from MTX, I'd be willing to bet that they make more money from MTX than they do from RS membership. It's almost guaranteed that this is the case as there's always those that are willing to (or don't know how to stop) spending obscene amounts, they're referred to as whales. It's explained pretty well in that South Park episode about MTX/micropayments.

/rant

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_R View Post
    MTX isn't controversial at all in my opinion to be completely honest. If Jagex wants more money and wants to make RS P2W, it's completely their prerogative. They don't specifically have any obligation to cater to free players or even players in general (of course, if they abuse this too much then people will actually quit; however, for RS that threshold is probably extremely high).

I just know that in the many games with MTX I've seen, people almost always whine and threaten to stop playing; however, they never actually talk with their wallets because they're either too addicted or just can't bear the thought of falling behind in the P2W race. This is how all of the chinese/korean cash grab games operate. In RS this is prevalent with many people going for max XP rates by rolling for all the outfits and whatnot from TH. For every person like @KeepBotting; who might be able to actually quit over a disagreement over MTX there will be several who are not able to. RS addiction is like smoking, when I used to play it; it was like a cancer that I knew was bad but was powerless to stop. That's why I sold my accounts.

In terms of money made from MTX, I'd be willing to bet that they make more money from MTX than they do from RS membership. It's almost guaranteed that this is the case as there's always those that are willing to (or don't know how to stop) spending obscene amounts, they're referred to as whales. It's explained pretty well in that South Park episode about MTX/micropayments.

/rant
    To each his own.

All I know is that this paragraph was removed from the RWT section of the official rules, just four days after the Squeal of Fortune was implemented:

And that really didn't sit right with me. Still doesn't.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

oh jeez, ik that feel lmao

Thread Information