Thread: 2 Day Ban on Custom Script

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Default 2 Day Ban on Custom Script

oBR25nq.png

Just got online after having used a half-broken ivy chopper over just about the whole weekend, had the message upon first trying to login saying "Couldn't connect to server", then got to lobby, had "Connection Lost, attempting to reestablish", logged into a world, then was kicked to the lobby to find this. Can't say I am surprised, as I had to quite a few envisioned road-blocks that I had yet to clear.

The funny thing is, everyone has been reporting near-instant bans for fire runes, which I was botting just fine, but then an ivy script that makes me zero money gets me banned over just a weekend of botting. Guess it is time to stop wasting resources making xp gains and go gold-farmer .
    jk plz don't flame

The joke really is on Jagex because the ban expires before DXP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Why would you use a "half-broken ivy chopper" when fady has one already made which works great?
    hi it me

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Don't get your hopes up, 48 hours bans render your account basically useless. You can't use the G.E, trade, drop, or really any kind of interaction with players. And no, I don't believe that ever expires.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    Don't get your hopes up, 48 hours bans render your account basically useless. You can't use the G.E, trade, drop, or really any kind of interaction with players. And no, I don't believe that ever expires.
    trade bans are 7 days
    hi it me

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

I think it depends on type of ban, I have a micro minor on an acc, and it can do things perfectly fine. Also, you might've gotten flagged from fire runes, but got a delayed ban while you were chopping ivy. It could happen.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calluminati View Post
    Why would you use a "half-broken ivy chopper" when fady has one already made which works great?
    Because that's what the cool guys do!
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

I'd say RS is pretty much unbottable in the long run these days. It doesn't matter how good your script is; you'll get banned eventually. Sad tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superuser View Post
    I'd say RS is pretty much unbottable in the long run these days. It doesn't matter how good your script is; you'll get banned eventually. Sad tho.
    Essentially this, that's why I decided to find trashable (accoun doesn't matter if lost) methods to make some gold. ( I have a minor success btw, made my own superheater and today I got to lvl 99 smithing, first 99 ever :P)
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

In my experience, this is false. Been botting on the same two accounts for 10 and 5 years respectively, no bans. 100% botted 120 Slayer on another account before it was recovered by the original owner. A number of people at SRL have similar stories.

Your post echoes the sentiments of the legit RuneScape community - Jagex has done a good PR job of convincing their player base that they actually make a solid effort in countering botting. I delight in the deluge of 'all bots get banned eventually' and 'you will 100% get banned' comments on the RuneScape subreddit while I and many others silently get away with over a decade of botting our maxed accounts.
    Last edited by Clarity; 02-23-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    In my experience, this is false. Been botting on the same two accounts for 10 and 5 years respectively, no bans. 100% botted 120 Slayer on another account before it was recovered by the original owner. A number of people at SRL have similar stories.

Your post echoes the sentiments of the legit RuneScape community - Jagex has done a good PR job of convincing their player base that they actually make a solid effort in countering botting. I delight in the deluge of 'all bots get banned eventually' and 'you will 100% get banned' comments on the RuneScape subreddit while I and many others silently get away with over a decade of botting our maxed accounts.
    agreed, ive got a maxed main and a maxed pure without any bans (osr) and they were like 99% botted

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    agreed, ive got a maxed main and a maxed pure without any bans (osr) and they were like 99% botted
    If you were able to do that outside of NMZ, then it's a good achievement. Inside NMZ, not so much. I've maxed countless accounts in NMZ without bans, NMZ combat botting is far too easy.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    ^ verified.

Although that said I had my comp main (900m xp or a bit higher), two max cape accounts (400m+ xp) banned in 2012 when everyone got rekt. But then again I was botting like a moron. If done right, you can be undetectable.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

Nah. The issue is not with maxed accounts. Back in the day, it was rather easy to bot a max account as bans were much more rare. Now, it's close to impossible to bot a new account as far as maxed. Also, in my experience, Jagex doesn't pay that much attention to very old accounts. Nevertheless, I can be wrong, of course.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Its all about pattern and failsafes.

If you have 20 accounts running a solid script they will probably not get banned. however, if 1 of those 20 gets stuck somewhere and keeps clicking the same place over and over while stuck, there is a VERY high chance all 20 accounts will get banned.

~Source: Me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I have to agree with Clarity, I am a beginner Pascal Scripter, I make my own custom scripts for almost every skill that I need. Never once in these 7 years of using other peoples bots or my beginner custom scripts with minimum failsafes and simple antiban, never have I ever been banned.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I know multiple people that botted over 5b EXP and were fine. Alkan included :^)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I know multiple people that botted over 5b EXP and were fine. Alkan included :^)
    Were?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Were?
    Past subjunctive. You seem to be tying "were" to "fine" in all the wrong ways.
    Are you a lawyer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Got 48 hour ban yesterday. made a stupid mistake that wont happen again

Thread Information